Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancer Conspiracies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    While it would be a cancer compact rather than conspiracy, a group like the Union who outright allied with the local werewolf pack (in Werewolf the Forsaken terms, they would presumably be human members of the pack) is something I would expect to have happened from time to time.

    Glamourweaver's KSI-21 is a Soviet-descended conspiracy that uses weird tech to allow its hunters to astrally project and gain other quasi-ghostly powers. Geist the Sin-Eaters refers to a Sin-Eater conspiracy in much the same place and time, and I suggested that the former was an attempt to replicate the abilities of the latter.* But if that's so, there's no reason to rule out the Sin-Eaters actually cooperating with such an endeavour (maybe even kicking it off) - in which case, KSI-21 might still have Sin-Eaters in it working alongside the projecting humans.

    * In hindsight, bet they made some Deviants along the way.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
      While it would be a cancer compact rather than conspiracy, a group like the Union who outright allied with the local werewolf pack (in Werewolf the Forsaken terms, they would presumably be human members of the pack) is something I would expect to have happened from time to time.
      That's more of a Cancer Cell, and regardless, outside the bounds I listed.

      Because seriously - if any Hunter group that had some involvement with monsters applied, there would be no distinction because they would all be guilty.

      Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
      Glamourweaver's KSI-21 is a Soviet-descended conspiracy that uses weird tech to allow its hunters to astrally project and gain other quasi-ghostly powers. Geist the Sin-Eaters refers to a Sin-Eater conspiracy in much the same place and time, and I suggested that the former was an attempt to replicate the abilities of the latter.* But if that's so, there's no reason to rule out the Sin-Eaters actually cooperating with such an endeavour (maybe even kicking it off) - in which case, KSI-21 might still have Sin-Eaters in it working alongside the projecting humans.

      * In hindsight, bet they made some Deviants along the way.
      Are they clearly getting their powers from, and still influenced by, Ghosts?


      Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
        Because seriously - if any Hunter group that had some involvement with monsters applied, there would be no distinction because they would all be guilty.
        I'm not talking about "some involvement," I'm talking about a group with both human and werewolf members. That's well beyond what most groups are. (Cell or compact would be defined by how numerous they are - a great many Union-esque cells and werewolf packs might decide this is a useful alliance to have).

        Are they clearly getting their powers from, and still influenced by, Ghosts?
        More likely from Sin-Eaters - not as a gift, but via studying and emulating them, but that's still from them - especially if it's study the Sin-Eaters themselves are carrying out in order to recruit more people into their (in Geist terms) krewe than they have geists for.

        Comment


        • #34
          I think there is one in the Princess the Hopeful, Hunter supplement: The Magisters of the Economy or some such. They knowingly work for Jailers and use an Endowment that lets the Jailers brainwash people into their servants.

          ​... Also, while this isn't exactly relevant, I do have this theory that The Talbot Group, especially the Conciliators Methodology, are receiving extra finance support and personal from the Forsaken (probably Iron Masters).
          Last edited by Mangaholic13; 04-04-2018, 06:20 PM.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Mangaholic13 View Post
            I think there is one in the Princess the Hopeful, Hunter supplement: The Magisters of the Economy or some such. They knowingly work for Jailers and use an Endowment that lets the Jailers brainwash people into their servants.

            ​... Also, while this isn't exactly relevant, I do have this theory that The Talbot Group, especially the Conciliators Methodology, are receiving extra finance support and personal from the Forsaken (probably Iron Masters).
            Yeah, the Magisters would count. The Free Company/Crown Jewels too, if they were a full Conspiracy. The Remnant Pact might depending on how they go.


            Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

            Comment

            Working...
            X