No announcement yet.

Is hunter going to get a kickstarter ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is hunter going to get a kickstarter ?

The changling one was pretty sucsseful,so will they also do it for hunter and Geist?

Nothing official has been said, but I would say odds are good.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I hope so. Kickstarters tend to mean extra products, and I'd love to see more Hunter stuff, like updates to the various antagonist splat groups.

Comment

What streach goals would you what?

Comment

Stretch goals?

1) The 1e pdf bundles are fun, they seem to be really good ones because they let there be more stretch goals with less money between them, which seems to help drive pledges. So it's a good model for games doing new editions.

2) Merch like dice in the app, t-shirts, etc.

3) One or two companion books. Getting more of the 1e Hunter groups from supplements in for 2e updates, more space for talking about tiers of play, building groups, and building Endowments, and possibly updated horror rules rather than needed to redo all the enemy books.

4) Art bump, creator pay bumps, etc.

Comment

Also, Hunter translation guide between Reckoning and Vigil...purely on the basis of how, just like the two Changeling games, the two Hunter games are polar opposites of each other.

Comment

Compacts and Conspiracies Vol 2

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                Compacts and Conspiracies Vol 2
                As neat as that was, I'd probably rather have the information more explicitly written out in the core book, and have a new Horror Recognition Guide. Of course it's entirely possible both are on the table.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post

As neat as that was, I'd probably rather have the information more explicitly written out in the core book, and have a new Horror Recognition Guide. Of course it's entirely possible both are on the table.
                  I would too... but word count. The core groups got expanded by the original C&C, I would love to see some of the other groups that aren't likely be a focus in 2e core like the Ahl al-Jabal (shocking, I know), Utopia Now, Habibiti Ma, Keepers of the Weave, and the Bear Club to get the same treatment.

Comment

As they say 'shut up and take my money'

Would love a kickstarter campaign as could give me a chance to buy some HTV companion fiction and extra lore

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to bring claws to a gun fight?

Comment

I'd rather the write-ups in the core be more complete, even if fewer, and more of them be moved entirely to an addendum, than break everything across two or more documents. But mostly I'm eager to get the new core.

Comment

As far as stretch goals - whilst I love all of the various anthologies, I would throw a metric crap ton of money at OPP if I could get more full-on novels. I've read, reread, and rereread the VtR trilogy & Three Shades multiple times, and Strangeness so often that I have two physical copies just so one doesn't get damaged through wear (my signed copy). Not sure what the cost vs profit on novels is, or if that's in any way a factor holding back getting more, but that's #1 on my wish list overall, doubly so for Hunter.

Raymond "Fen" Sempek
                        Just here to back Kickstarters, and drink all of your Monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy Arms View Post
                          3) One or two companion books. Getting more of the 1e Hunter groups from supplements in for 2e updates, more space for talking about tiers of play, building groups, and building Endowments, and possibly updated horror rules rather than needed to redo all the enemy books.
                          All the groups from the first edition are getting a mention in the core, but I assume you mean full splat write-ups for them. I would go for that too.

Comment

Originally posted by ShinXFenris View Post
                            ...I would throw a metric crap ton of money at OPP if I could get more full-on novels.

This. As narrative-focused as these games are, I sure do wish there was more fiction. Especially for Hunter. Man, it really seems like Hunter gets the short end of the stick when compared to the other games.

Co-Host of The Deliberative Podcast
                            Follow us on Twitter!
                            Follow us on Facebook!
                            Follow us on the Web!
                            Like what we do? Support us on Patreon!

Comment

Hunter the vigils a successor to Hunter's hunted, Project twilight, and ghost hunter's. not hunter the reckoning.

Comment

Working...
                              X