Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is hunter going to get a kickstarter ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    Hunter the vigils a successor to Hunter's hunted, Project twilight, and ghost hunter's. not hunter the reckoning.
    What? Characters


    Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

    Comment


    • #17
      saying its Project twilight and the arcanum that they should do a conversion guide to.


      Comment


      • #18
        I am 100% certain it will get a Kickstarter. OPP has moved completely to that, and it seems most games will moving forward, and it makes sense. No more cutting into your profits due to the middlemen (brick and mortar stores). No more making 1,000,000 copies and only selling 500,000. You are selling directly to your consumer base, pocketing almost all of the profits. It's a win/win. We get a more tailored product, and they get more money. The question is: what are some exclusive backer tiers you'd like to see? For example...

        $1,000: Be the Monster. Work with the developers to create your very own Slasher to be incorporated into the rulebook.
        $500: Dark Master. Design a dread power to be included in the core rulebook.
        $300: Mastering the Nite's Rituals. You get a collector's edition leather bound copy of Hunter: the Vigil 2E.

        These are just some thoughts I've had about it. I'd love a tier which let's you go play a game run by the devs themselves and leave with a signed copy of the book.


        Co-Host of The Deliberative Podcast
        Follow us on Twitter!
        Follow us on Facebook!
        Follow us on the Web!

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Lukkychukky View Post
          I am 100% certain it will get a Kickstarter. OPP has moved completely to that, and it seems most games will moving forward, and it makes sense. No more cutting into your profits due to the middlemen (brick and mortar stores). No more making 1,000,000 copies and only selling 500,000. You are selling directly to your consumer base, pocketing almost all of the profits. It's a win/win. We get a more tailored product, and they get more money. The question is: what are some exclusive backer tiers you'd like to see? For example...

          $1,000: Be the Monster. Work with the developers to create your very own Slasher to be incorporated into the rulebook.
          $500: Dark Master. Design a dread power to be included in the core rulebook.
          $300: Mastering the Nite's Rituals. You get a collector's edition leather bound copy of Hunter: the Vigil 2E.

          These are just some thoughts I've had about it. I'd love a tier which let's you go play a game run by the devs themselves and leave with a signed copy of the book.
          I'd be surprised if those where the high end tiers. Pretty much the only Kickstarters where content gets added to the manuscript is Dark Eras. Otherwise it delays the release of the book too much. I expect they will be the same as Changeling 2e:
          • $400: You become an art model
          • $600: Creative designs a Slasher for your chronicle in an upcoming book (read: not core)
          • $800: Consulting developer


          Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD- Dark Eras 2; Scion - Mysteries of the World

          CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

          Comment


          • #20
            Ah, you're right. That's what I meant. Yeah, that's a large reason why EX3 got delayed as it did. And as far as those being actual rewards or not, I was just spit-balling. Those would be neat ones to me.


            Co-Host of The Deliberative Podcast
            Follow us on Twitter!
            Follow us on Facebook!
            Follow us on the Web!

            Comment


            • #21
              I'd love a big book of antagonists. Collect all the other splats and give them a couple of alternative versions, like vampire masters with drone vampires, werewolves who can't control their changing, and Beasts who have built-in anathema, give me some other common monsters, like zombies, and give me a really robust toolkit to build more of whatever I want.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Florin View Post
                I'd love a big book of antagonists. Collect all the other splats and give them a couple of alternative versions, like vampire masters with drone vampires, werewolves who can't control their changing, and Beasts who have built-in anathema, give me some other common monsters, like zombies, and give me a really robust toolkit to build more of whatever I want.
                All great ideas. To hold you over, check here: The Horror Show
                (If they could hire/enlist Reighnhell and/or Pale_Crusader, for said book, it would be ideal.)


                Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

                Comment


                • #23
                  Since the Geist KS just started and is doing fairly well thus far, we can hope that Hunter will be on deck sometime in the near future.


                  Raymond "Fen" Sempek
                  Just here to back Kickstarters, and drink all of your Monster.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ShinXFenris View Post
                    Since the Geist KS just started and is doing fairly well thus far, we can hope that Hunter will be on deck sometime in the near future.
                    So... None of this is official, but after our episode with James Bell, he may or may not have intimated that Hunter could very well be coming up very soon.


                    Co-Host of The Deliberative Podcast
                    Follow us on Twitter!
                    Follow us on Facebook!
                    Follow us on the Web!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      It seems insanely probable that Hunter will be the next CofD Kickstarter. Mummy is the only other 1e original that isn't updated yet, and it's clearly not ready, and Deviant is the next new game and isn't as far along as Hunter is.

                      That said, I would be surprised if it's the next Onyx Path Kickstarter, because Rich tends to try to vary them between the different core systems/etc. Given the look of the current schedule, I'd assume Dystopia Rising or They Came from Beneath the Sea! will be next, with Hunter after.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I'm just wondering since I can't find the "ask anything" thread. Is the hunt club meant to be playable since it's introduced as a cabal with compact rules system? Like fight monsters as them, not just humans?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Yes, I believe the Hunt Club is meant to be playable. Even Slashers are meant to be playable to some extent. Go nuts.
                          Semi-Edit: Even if they arn't, don't let that stop you if you feel like it :V
                          Last edited by Ruger; 07-11-2018, 03:12 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Thanks Ruger. Lastly, im just now getting the slasher book, and are slashers meant to have a theme like prometheans becoming human and vampires trying to keep their humanity, and are they meant to kill just people or both people and monsters

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                              Thanks Ruger. Lastly, im just now getting the slasher book, and are slashers meant to have a theme like prometheans becoming human and vampires trying to keep their humanity, and are they meant to kill just people or both people and monsters
                              Well their theme is "Slasher Movie badguy", individuals can have their own goals, purpose, etc but as a group their theme is "putting bodies in the ground". Most of the early stage Slashers can choose their preferred targets, and since Hunters have a higher chance of becoming Slashers it is certainly plausible for those targets to be supernatural in nature. An Avenger could go around only killing Vampires, though there is a major risk that he would quickly expand to killing people or become a much-less-picky Legend. You could also come up with excuses for some of the others, such as letting Chiron have a Brute on a metaphorical and/or literal leash that they let out for special occasions, or a Charmer infiltrating a Hunter group to eventually cut everyone up. All budding Slashers who are ex-hunter also theoretically focus on the supernatural, at least until they go full-crazy. Most still tend go on some kind of Vigil afterwords, and there is a few words noting that they can be dangerous allies to hunters.

                              In the end, some just kill people. Some kill people and monsters, especially the ex-hunters. It is possible to have one that only kills monsters, though that situation is rare and can change easily.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Ahh ok, thanks for taking the time to answer

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X