Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is hunter going to get a kickstarter ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    Thanks Ruger. Lastly, im just now getting the slasher book, and are slashers meant to have a theme like prometheans becoming human and vampires trying to keep their humanity, and are they meant to kill just people or both people and monsters
    I also think the answer is yes to both. They can kill people, and they can kill monsters. But they are the main antagonists facing Hunter cells, so it seems like they'd more likely go after people, IMO. They are the quintessential Slasher Movie Killers. Dropping guys and gals like a nervous outfielder dropping pop flies in his debut game. So, I don't think they're meant so much to have a theme as opposed to being what opposes a Hunter cell. But that's just my 2 cents.


    Co-Host of The Deliberative Podcast
    Follow us on Twitter!
    Follow us on Facebook!
    Follow us on the Web!
    Like what we do? Support us on Patreon!

    Comment


    • #32
      Ok, i think I understand. Is it a good way to play as a slasher as a hunter losing his morality, but not quite into human murder spree yet

      Comment


      • #33
        In what sense are we talking "play" here?

        Though in general, someone isn't a Slasher until they've lost their morality. A fresh Slasher that started as a hunter has already stopped caring about the value of human life and will kill people if it suits them; they just might not have discovered that it suits them yet. It seems like you're more interested in a character that's not a Slasher yet, but on the tipping point and something like killing a few normal humans to get to a monster is going to shove them off the edge.

        Comment


        • #34
          What you said is basically perfect. I'm also wondering how long I can play as a fully embraced slasher (as in having an undertaking) before moving along with a new character to take down my original hunter who's now a slasher

          Comment


          • #35
            There's not much in the way of progress or growth for slashers. And given that their prey is usually humans even the challenge is pretty diminished.

            I think you could play a long time as one, but it would be hard not to get bored unless the ST was really good with antagonists.
            Last edited by nofather; 07-13-2018, 12:10 AM.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by nofather View Post
              There's not much in the way of progress or growth for slashers. And given that their prey is usually humans even the challenge is pretty diminished.

              I think you could play a long time as one, but it would be hard not to get bored unless the ST was really good with antagonists.
              You could always play a Dexter, have some Slasher on Slasher action.

              In the end, the rules and lore are meant to facilitate stories, not stifle them. Play however you think would be fun, there is no reason you can't blatantly ignore the book if you think it would get in the ways of your ideas if everyone at the table is fine with it.

              Comment


              • #37
                While Ruger makes some very solid points, I kind of lean towards nofather here. I agree that the system isn't meant to prevent good stories, or even bar a player from playing a Slasher chronicle as the Slasher. But, I feel like this would wok best in more of a one-shot scenario, you know? Or little spurts here and there. A sustained, long-running Slasher Chronicle - to me - seems like it could get old real fast. But, I freaking LOVE the idea of pitting a Hunter cell against a Slasher/s as the main antagonist/s of a long-running chronicle!


                Co-Host of The Deliberative Podcast
                Follow us on Twitter!
                Follow us on Facebook!
                Follow us on the Web!
                Like what we do? Support us on Patreon!

                Comment


                • #38
                  As of today, their are art notes on the KS art being prepped. So the answer is a definite yes!


                  Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

                  CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                    As of today, their are art notes on the KS art being prepped. So the answer is a definite yes!
                    *looks closer at MMN*

                    0-0. Oh shit, you're right.

                    Next KS after TCFBTS! ?

                    EDIT: Hmm. Text is still listed as being in Development...but presumably, if the work on KS is getting started, it's getting close to moving out of there and into Manuscript Approval?

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

                      *looks closer at MMN*

                      0-0. Oh shit, you're right.

                      Next KS after TCFBTS! ?
                      Could be, but Ex3 Lunars was previously listed as getting KS art as well... so it's probably going to be one of Hunter or Lunars next, and the other following.


                      Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

                        *looks closer at MMN*

                        0-0. Oh shit, you're right.

                        Next KS after TCFBTS! ?

                        EDIT: Hmm. Text is still listed as being in Development...but presumably, if the work on KS is getting started, it's getting close to moving out of there and into Manuscript Approval?

                        I will definitely need to update my current address when I fill out my order for the kickstarter t-shirts this time around. I begrudgingly hope the guy living in my old house is enjoying his Geist shirt...

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Lukkychukky View Post
                          While Ruger makes some very solid points, I kind of lean towards nofather here. I agree that the system isn't meant to prevent good stories, or even bar a player from playing a Slasher chronicle as the Slasher. But, I feel like this would wok best in more of a one-shot scenario, you know? Or little spurts here and there. A sustained, long-running Slasher Chronicle - to me - seems like it could get old real fast. But, I freaking LOVE the idea of pitting a Hunter cell against a Slasher/s as the main antagonist/s of a long-running chronicle!

                          While I have never (nor do I intend to) ran a Slasher specific game, there is almost always "That Guy" who seems hell bent on riding the morality spiral all the way down into Slasherdom. And I let them.

                          It is a blast watching That Guy trying to keep his character's proclivities hidden from the team until they finally come to the point of saying "We have to something about Bob".

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X