Is hunter going to get a kickstarter ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    Thanks Ruger. Lastly, im just now getting the slasher book, and are slashers meant to have a theme like prometheans becoming human and vampires trying to keep their humanity, and are they meant to kill just people or both people and monsters
    I also think the answer is yes to both. They can kill people, and they can kill monsters. But they are the main antagonists facing Hunter cells, so it seems like they'd more likely go after people, IMO. They are the quintessential Slasher Movie Killers. Dropping guys and gals like a nervous outfielder dropping pop flies in his debut game. So, I don't think they're meant so much to have a theme as opposed to being what opposes a Hunter cell. But that's just my 2 cents.

Co-Host of The Deliberative Podcast
    Follow us on Twitter!
    Follow us on Facebook!
    Follow us on the Web!

Comment

Ok, i think I understand. Is it a good way to play as a slasher as a hunter losing his morality, but not quite into human murder spree yet

Comment

In what sense are we talking "play" here?

Though in general, someone isn't a Slasher until they've lost their morality. A fresh Slasher that started as a hunter has already stopped caring about the value of human life and will kill people if it suits them; they just might not have discovered that it suits them yet. It seems like you're more interested in a character that's not a Slasher yet, but on the tipping point and something like killing a few normal humans to get to a monster is going to shove them off the edge.

Comment

What you said is basically perfect. I'm also wondering how long I can play as a fully embraced slasher (as in having an undertaking) before moving along with a new character to take down my original hunter who's now a slasher

Comment

There's not much in the way of progress or growth for slashers. And given that their prey is usually humans even the challenge is pretty diminished.

I think you could play a long time as one, but it would be hard not to get bored unless the ST was really good with antagonists.
            Last edited by nofather; 07-13-2018, 12:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
              There's not much in the way of progress or growth for slashers. And given that their prey is usually humans even the challenge is pretty diminished.

I think you could play a long time as one, but it would be hard not to get bored unless the ST was really good with antagonists.
              You could always play a Dexter, have some Slasher on Slasher action.

In the end, the rules and lore are meant to facilitate stories, not stifle them. Play however you think would be fun, there is no reason you can't blatantly ignore the book if you think it would get in the ways of your ideas if everyone at the table is fine with it.

Comment

While Ruger makes some very solid points, I kind of lean towards nofather here. I agree that the system isn't meant to prevent good stories, or even bar a player from playing a Slasher chronicle as the Slasher. But, I feel like this would wok best in more of a one-shot scenario, you know? Or little spurts here and there. A sustained, long-running Slasher Chronicle - to me - seems like it could get old real fast. But, I freaking LOVE the idea of pitting a Hunter cell against a Slasher/s as the main antagonist/s of a long-running chronicle!

Co-Host of The Deliberative Podcast
                Follow us on Twitter!
                Follow us on Facebook!
                Follow us on the Web!

Comment

Working...
                X