No announcement yet.

Is hunter going to get a kickstarter ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIRC, Rich said during the last AMA that Hunter was planned to be next.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
      IIRC, Rich said during the last AMA that Hunter was planned to be next.

My poor credit card.

Comment

General observation on Kickstarters of OPP are that there are at least two weeks pause period before next one campaign. My prediction - We are 4 days to end of Cults of Blood Gods, then at least two weeks pause - so Hunter: The Vigil 2E Kickstarter will start at the end of January / start of February.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

From the Onyx Path Twitter there's this.

https://twitter.com/TheOnyxPath/stat...27467137245184

Announcing 'Coming soon to Kickstarter'

Last edited by nofather; 01-17-2020, 06:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
            General observation on Kickstarters of OPP are that there are at least two weeks pause period before next one campaign. My prediction - We are 4 days to end of Cults of Blood Gods, then at least two weeks pause - so Hunter: The Vigil 2E Kickstarter will start at the end of January / start of February.
            Looks plausible if we don't count the teaser!

Comment

And to silence any lingering doubts that the above image indeed refers to HtV 2nd ed, we have this:
              http://theonyxpath.com/13713-2/

They do also say that they, as of monday 20th of January have yet to receive the 'go' from WW/Paradox and so they cannot give an exact date, but that seems to be all they are waiting for.
              The hype, ladies and gentlemen, is real

Comment

The Kickstarter has been announced for February 6, 2PM EST.

Comment

Well, I'll treat it as an early birthday present :P

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

So from the Hunter's description in the monthly Kickstarter updates, the basic assumptions are a) there are more monsters (perhaps an elegant way to mention all the other gamelines which were written after Hunter was first published) b) the Vigil is not exclusive for time, place or group (which sounds like both a great emphasis on settings and on a more "general hunter template", that is, more unique features which separate hunters from regular mortals) and c) more ways to fight monsters (which further enhance the concept of giving new tricks for hunters which are not a part of a compact or a conspiracy, beyond tactics). The idea about "the Vigil is not limited to time and place" sounds interesting, as I remember that Monica said that Hunter would not feature settings in the conventional way, but it was long, long time ago and things may have changed. As I also don't really know if Eternal Flame is still a thing (maybe it will be presented as a part of the stretch goals fur Hunter, maybe not, I don't know), but it sounds that we will get some exploration of the Vigil through history and region- which, in truth, is what Hunter always has been, even if it was not explored in enough details. After all, each of the main supplements included the history of the Vigil, and the organization creation section discussed the idea of local compacts and conspiracies, but that potential was always somewhat limited by all kinds of factors, and it sounds that 2e is going to run with that concept to the next level.

So to sum it up- it seems we are getting more tricks for hunters, a better distinguish between hunters and mortals and a deeper exploration of the Vigil through history and geography. Which all sounds awesome. I just cross fingers that we will get the short writeup for non core organizations which was promised back in the past. I also need to go and charge my debit card- the Vigil is coming, and I plan to spend on it as much as an Abbey member!

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                      So from the Hunter's description in the monthly Kickstarter updates, the basic assumptions are a) there are more monsters (perhaps an elegant way to mention all the other gamelines which were written after Hunter was first published) b) the Vigil is not exclusive for time, place or group (which sounds like both a great emphasis on settings and on a more "general hunter template", that is, more unique features which separate hunters from regular mortals) and c) more ways to fight monsters (which further enhance the concept of giving new tricks for hunters which are not a part of a compact or a conspiracy, beyond tactics). The idea about "the Vigil is not limited to time and place" sounds interesting, as I remember that Monica said that Hunter would not feature settings in the conventional way, but it was long, long time ago and things may have changed. As I also don't really know if Eternal Flame is still a thing (maybe it will be presented as a part of the stretch goals fur Hunter, maybe not, I don't know), but it sounds that we will get some exploration of the Vigil through history and region- which, in truth, is what Hunter always has been, even if it was not explored in enough details. After all, each of the main supplements included the history of the Vigil, and the organization creation section discussed the idea of local compacts and conspiracies, but that potential was always somewhat limited by all kinds of factors, and it sounds that 2e is going to run with that concept to the next level.

So to sum it up- it seems we are getting more tricks for hunters, a better distinguish between hunters and mortals and a deeper exploration of the Vigil through history and geography. Which all sounds awesome. I just cross fingers that we will get the short writeup for non core organizations which was promised back in the past. I also need to go and charge my debit card- the Vigil is coming, and I plan to spend on it as much as an Abbey member!
                      more ways for the Vigil ehh. well finally, I've been wanting solid ways to be a Barret Commission hunter.

Comment

"More ways to fight monsters" might also mean support for more cerebral and social tactics for hunters, as opposed to the "kick in doors and shoot things" that's a sort of default approach.

Comment

Working...
                        X