Salvaging the Ashwood Abbey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post
    tl;dr: IRL, there is nothing the President does not have access to due to its classification.
    That said, I did look into this back in March and confirmed that having access to everything is not the same thing as being told everything immediately. Therefore "You didn't ask" is technically a valid way of keeping something from the president... Until of course they do ask, and I really can't believe that no CofD-US president since Lincoln has ever asked whether there are any secret government ghostbusters.

Comment

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post
      The only time something might be withheld is if the person occupying the office was a subject or target of a counterintelligence operation and informing them would compromise national security, but even then shit gets tricky.

tl;dr: IRL, there is nothing the President does not have access to due to its classification.
      I mean, I'd withhold everything from Trump on account of his Russian shenanigans based on that premise...

Comment

They won't be getting rid of the Ashwood Abbey right? I actually find it cool one group is in it for fun. Also as some have said, I find it more realistic only a noticeable minority would be crazy hedonist (not saying the majority aren't though, just not on the stereotype level)

Comment

The notion was making them exclusively an antagonistic faction. Again, with things like rules to play Slashers and Seers of the Throne, I don't see how that'd prevent playing them.

Comment

Well is it likely they become an antagonist faction? That would be really freaking lame, because the Ashwood abbey are meant to be the crazy thrill seeking rich kids with a surprising knowledge on the societies of the monsters like vampires. And they don't kill humans

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
              That would be really freaking lame...
              Using lame to mean stupid is the same as using the R word to mean stupid, just targeted at people who are physically disabled instead of mentally disabled. Please don't use that word.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
              He/His Pronouns
              CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I can't say lame? Well what do I say then, just summing up how I feel about it

Can I still say stupid? I don't want to be banned for something I didn't realise was not ok on the forums

Comment

"Ridiculous" would work equally well in that sentence.

Comment

I'm no mod, so I'm not saying that you can't, but I am politely asking you not to. If you mean stupid or dumb, say stupid or dumb. It is much better than loading words meant to describe disabilities with a connotation of worthlessness.

(And for context, I have learning disabilities and teach students with both physical and mental disabilities. There's a reason I don't like these words)‚Äč

EDIT:
                    Originally posted by Malus View Post
                    "Ridiculous" would work equally well in that sentence.
                    I agree. That would be a much better word. /EDIT

Back on topic now.

You might want to read this post and this thread for some context around the way Ashwood is being handled.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                    He/His Pronouns
                    CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Second Chances thank you and ok. Sorry about what I said, I didn't know it was also for personal reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                        I'm no mod, so I'm not saying that you can't, but I am politely asking you not to. If you mean stupid or dumb, say stupid or dumb
                        So 'dumb' is better? You sure about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

So 'dumb' is better? You sure about that?
                          Touche.

Characters

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                          He/His Pronouns

Comment

I think the most accurate word here would be "disappointing". But meant in a more universal, than personal manner.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
                            X