Salvaging the Ashwood Abbey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post
    tl;dr: IRL, there is nothing the President does not have access to due to its classification.
    That said, I did look into this back in March and confirmed that having access to everything is not the same thing as being told everything immediately. Therefore "You didn't ask" is technically a valid way of keeping something from the president... Until of course they do ask, and I really can't believe that no CofD-US president since Lincoln has ever asked whether there are any secret government ghostbusters.

Comment

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post
      The only time something might be withheld is if the person occupying the office was a subject or target of a counterintelligence operation and informing them would compromise national security, but even then shit gets tricky.

tl;dr: IRL, there is nothing the President does not have access to due to its classification.
      I mean, I'd withhold everything from Trump on account of his Russian shenanigans based on that premise...

Comment

They won't be getting rid of the Ashwood Abbey right? I actually find it cool one group is in it for fun. Also as some have said, I find it more realistic only a noticeable minority would be crazy hedonist (not saying the majority aren't though, just not on the stereotype level)

Comment

The notion was making them exclusively an antagonistic faction. Again, with things like rules to play Slashers and Seers of the Throne, I don't see how that'd prevent playing them.

Comment

Well is it likely they become an antagonist faction? That would be really freaking lame, because the Ashwood abbey are meant to be the crazy thrill seeking rich kids with a surprising knowledge on the societies of the monsters like vampires. And they don't kill humans

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
              That would be really freaking lame...
              Using lame to mean stupid is the same as using the R word to mean stupid, just targeted at people who are physically disabled instead of mentally disabled. Please don't use that word.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
              He/His Pronouns
              CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I can't say lame? Well what do I say then, just summing up how I feel about it

Can I still say stupid? I don't want to be banned for something I didn't realise was not ok on the forums

Comment

"Ridiculous" would work equally well in that sentence.

Comment

I'm no mod, so I'm not saying that you can't, but I am politely asking you not to. If you mean stupid or dumb, say stupid or dumb. It is much better than loading words meant to describe disabilities with a connotation of worthlessness.

(And for context, I have learning disabilities and teach students with both physical and mental disabilities. There's a reason I don't like these words)​

EDIT:
                    Originally posted by Malus View Post
                    "Ridiculous" would work equally well in that sentence.
                    I agree. That would be a much better word. /EDIT

Back on topic now.

You might want to read this post and this thread for some context around the way Ashwood is being handled.

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                    He/His Pronouns
                    CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Second Chances thank you and ok. Sorry about what I said, I didn't know it was also for personal reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
                        I'm no mod, so I'm not saying that you can't, but I am politely asking you not to. If you mean stupid or dumb, say stupid or dumb
                        So 'dumb' is better? You sure about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

So 'dumb' is better? You sure about that?
                          Touche.

Characters

Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                          He/His Pronouns

Comment

I think the most accurate word here would be "disappointing". But meant in a more universal, than personal manner.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

I realize I might be late to the conversation, but here is my 2 cent on the matter.

The basic idea of the Abbey is that they are rich hedonist coming mainly from the top of society who view the supernaturals as subhuman, only existing for their amusement.
                              Most people’s problems come from the “view as subhuman existing for their amusement ” part, witch even the book calls a minority (and in 2e anyone can get by the code/more of a slasher character type ) so lets focus on the other part.
                              The are RICH hedonist coming from the TOP of society. Their chief weapons are money, connections, and social skills. Human society is a colossus that no supernatural wish to face, and they are at the wheels. They know the important people, have the financial power to motivate them, and should they be given a reason to exercise it, a wild imagination in employing those.

But their true strength is in the fact that they talk to the monsters. They get to know them. They know what the monsters want, what they fear, who’s allied to who, where are the fractures between them.
                              Sometimes they hit those fractures sparking Supernatural wars and cleaning up the remainder when its done.
                              Sometimes they offer a table to the quarreling sides to find a solution that doest have the common man between a raging werewolf and a frenzied vampire.
                              Sometimes they share the fruits of humanity, open the gates of the privileged elite to them, making the part of High Society. And every Society has its rules. And without a higher authority to appeal to, it falls upon its members to enforce those rules. They can have the finest drinks and wildest parties, if they behave. If someone makes a habit of leaving corpses after himself they will find their invitees missing in short order and probably is made an example of.
                              The best part? After they played mediator long enough and brought enough champagne to the parties, the monsters begin to like the status quo. And when something threatens it they themselves will take care of it.
                              For the Ashwood Abbey the greatest weapons in the Vigil are the very creatures they hunt. Once man took the apex predator of his habitat and made it guard his children. No one says it cannot be done again, and if you try, you might as well enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                              X