Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to distinguish a potential Endowment from Thaumatechnology, little help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compressed Human Augmentation Plasmic Suit •••••
    This combat exo-skeletal armor is prized among the [Gestalt] - even if the lab's name for it is soundly mocked. Loaned out only to their most trusted agents, for the most dangerous of missions, the suit bonds directly to the user's I/O jack for fully synchronized movement. It resembles a strange mechanically framework, overlaying the wearer's body like a second skeleton. When activated via mental command, the framework deploys a shell of condensed ephemera around the user. Doing so grants them General Armor equal to their Resolve, and Ballistic Armor equal to their Composure.

Spirit Core: The pervasive spiritual energies saturate the wearer body, downgrading Lethal damage to Bashing, similar to manifest spiritual entities.
    Ghost Core: The subtle energies of the forgotten cloak the wearer from detection, and leave them with light contact upon the world. Stealth rolls for avoiding notice (even when directly observed) and Athletics rolls for movement and balance gain the Rote Action quality.
    Dream Core: The gossamer energies of thought and dream allow the wearer to ignore trifling things like gravity and sane reaction time. The Wearer can move at their normal speed in any direction, and use their full Defense, even against firearms.

Drawback: The influences of the suit's cores are as encompassing as its effects are. Bans inflicted upon users strongly urge them to behave as if they were the ephemeral being in question. Banes are usually weapons of a quality know for its potency against such beings (such as blessed weapons for ghosts, silver for spirits). In addition, the wearer has the Open Condition keyed to the type of being in the Core for 11 - Integrity hours after use.

Leliel So, thoughts? For the base effect, I was using the character's Attributes instead of a fixed value, though that could easily by modified. For the Cores, Spirit was meant to be combat favorable, though Regeneration or Attribute Enhancement (like Spirit's ability to spend Essence to boost traits). Ghost was to make them merge with the shadows, thief-like, though outright shifting to Twilight would work too. For Dream, well, flying is a common dream (and Mage-like to boot), while the full Defense lets them dodge bullets, Matrix style. Honestly, though, there are so many options. Oh, and another even more "compressed" option for appearance is to make it a (glowing optional) chest-plate like Iron Man in Avengers: Infinity War.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
    Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
      Compressed Human Augmentation Plasmic Suit •••••
      This combat exo-skeletal armor is prized among the [Gestalt] - even if the lab's name for it is soundly mocked. Loaned out only to their most trusted agents, for the most dangerous of missions, the suit bonds directly to the user's I/O jack for fully synchronized movement. It resembles a strange mechanically framework, overlaying the wearer's body like a second skeleton. When activated via mental command, the framework deploys a shell of condensed ephemera around the user. Doing so grants them General Armor equal to their Resolve, and Ballistic Armor equal to their Composure.

Spirit Core: The pervasive spiritual energies saturate the wearer body, downgrading Lethal damage to Bashing, similar to manifest spiritual entities.
      Ghost Core: The subtle energies of the forgotten cloak the wearer from detection, and leave them with light contact upon the world. Stealth rolls for avoiding notice (even when directly observed) and Athletics rolls for movement and balance gain the Rote Action quality.
      Dream Core: The gossamer energies of thought and dream allow the wearer to ignore trifling things like gravity and sane reaction time. The Wearer can move at their normal speed in any direction, and use their full Defense, even against firearms.

Drawback: The influences of the suit's cores are as encompassing as its effects are. Bans inflicted upon users strongly urge them to behave as if they were the ephemeral being in question. Banes are usually weapons of a quality know for its potency against such beings (such as blessed weapons for ghosts, silver for spirits). In addition, the wearer has the Open Condition keyed to the type of being in the Core for 11 - Integrity hours after use.

Leliel So, thoughts? For the base effect, I was using the character's Attributes instead of a fixed value, though that could easily by modified. For the Cores, Spirit was meant to be combat favorable, though Regeneration or Attribute Enhancement (like Spirit's ability to spend Essence to boost traits). Ghost was to make them merge with the shadows, thief-like, though outright shifting to Twilight would work too. For Dream, well, flying is a common dream (and Mage-like to boot), while the full Defense lets them dodge bullets, Matrix style. Honestly, though, there are so many options. Oh, and another even more "compressed" option for appearance is to make it a (glowing optional) chest-plate like Iron Man in Avengers: Infinity War.

Not bad. In fact, I like it!

Sorry I haven't been here much, last week was hectic, and you add my inability to keep attention on one thing...yeah. I'll get bak to this, though.

Comment

Working...
      X