Latest 2nd Edition News?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest 2nd Edition News?

Been away for a while, what is occurring?

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to bring claws to a gun fight?

Still at the Development stage.

Comment

I cannot wait for this Kickstarter to happen! Now, how to find $5,000...

Co-Host of The Deliberative Podcast
      Follow us on Twitter!
      Follow us on Facebook!
      Follow us on the Web!
      Like what we do? Support us on Patreon!

Comment

Perhaps the length is also due to deviants being made, plus having to balance them out with all the other new monster abilities

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
          Perhaps the length is also due to deviants being made, plus having to balance them out with all the other new monster abilities
          That's...a bit debatable.

If memory serves, one of the design goals of HtV2e is that, despite the expansions in 1e and the other gamelines, HtV should still be able to stand on its own as a gameline without needing to rely on the other gamelines. And to allow for antagonist monsters for hunters to fight that aren't just either the other splats or their antagonists. While I don't think taking into account Deviant's stuff is an impossibility, I don't think it would be that big of a time sink.

At most, I would expect a mention of Deviants in the Stereotypes section for each Compact and Conspiracy and maybe some mentions in the City Setting write-ups...but that's about it. Not as far as systems interactions.

Any in depth explorations of Hunters vs Deviants would be saved for something like a standalone Mortal Remains release for Deviants.

Comment

Good point, forgot about them saying that

Comment

The Monday Meeting notes generally keeps updated to what stage the projects are in. Looks like its at the "Development" stage, and will probably be their a while longer.

Comment

I'm still unclear on exactly what Deviants is supposed to be... Is it like Hunter but at the next level or something? I don't know, it just feels a little redundant to me for some reason. But, to be fair, I don't really know much about it.

Co-Host of The Deliberative Podcast
                Follow us on Twitter!
                Follow us on Facebook!
                Follow us on the Web!
                Like what we do? Support us on Patreon!

Comment

Originally posted by Lukkychukky View Post
                  I'm still unclear on exactly what Deviants is supposed to be... Is it like Hunter but at the next level or something? I don't know, it just feels a little redundant to me for some reason. But, to be fair, I don't really know much about it.

check out the deviant thread.

Comment

Deviant is not Hunter. Some groups might be active in both lines, but Hunter has always had that option.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Good things come to those who wait.

http://theonyxpath.com/nests-hunter-the-vigil/

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Mummy 2e; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

On the OPP Facebook group, Monica mentions that she hopes to wrap up Development on the rules text this week...and that she's preparing the next Dev Blog, this time focusing on the new Compact.

Comment

Have anyone played "Anatomy", the indie horror game? Because it fits the part about the consequences of exploring sentient areas.
                          Last edited by Raistlin; 06-04-2018, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lukkychukky View Post
                            It's a game about people transformed into monsters, like the Fly and the Hulk, who are on the run from conspiracies who want to exploit them. It doesn't really have much in common with Hunter, and gets more comparison to Promethean. The difference with that, though, is that it's a game about becoming human and shedding monstrosity away, and Deviant is about vengeance and the eventual loss of everything.

Comment

The Nests look cool. Very useful Storyteller advice. I can't wait for the book!

Comment

Working...
                              X