how do Revenant's fit into hunter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do Revenant's fit into hunter?

how do revenants fit into hunter? Their weaker then true kindred so a green hunter's more likely to survive an encounter with them.

To me revenants are what most hunters mean when they talk about vampires.
    On the ground level at least. The big conspiracies would know better i expect.

Currently running: VtR - The most serene requiem of Venice
    Currently playing: Being a dad for a 1year old daughter and a newborn son.
    Currently planning: Scion 2nd edition

Comment

Originally posted by Maitrecorbo View Post
      To me revenants are what most hunters mean when they talk about vampires.
      On the ground level at least. The big conspiracies would know better i expect.
      I must say that I find it funny that the conspiracy which specialize the most at hunting vampires- the Cainte Heresy- is the least likely to care about the difference between revenants and kindred. It has fangs? It drinks blood? Is it dead? No? well, time to take care of it, and all means permitted.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

They're not depicted as the most rational of hunters. I imagine you could have Long Night hunters who still believed people listening to rock and roll were just letting themselves open to the devil. The Cainites could probably drop one of the things off that list. But that's just opportunity, 'Turns out that blood drinking fanged thing was actually a werewolf!'

As for revenants, they're probably the ones most likely to clue hunters into a vampire situation. Similar to the opening of Penny Dreadful, one wild maniacal vampire can lead to the realization that there's a more organized coalition of them in the same city. Similarly it's an easy way for a Storyteller to have a 'rabid vampire' without involving all the extra Requiem setting. I don't think revenants were created with Hunter in mind, so it's more that the issues vampires have with them overlap with the issues hunters might have.

Plus they seem like they would be easier to track.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          They're not depicted as the most rational of hunters. I imagine you could have Long Night hunters who still believed people listening to rock and roll were just letting themselves open to the devil. The Cainites could probably drop one of the things off that list. But that's just opportunity, 'Turns out that blood drinking fanged thing was actually a werewolf!'

As for revenants, they're probably the ones most likely to clue hunters into a vampire situation. Similar to the opening of Penny Dreadful, one wild maniacal vampire can lead to the realization that there's a more organized coalition of them in the same city. Similarly it's an easy way for a Storyteller to have a 'rabid vampire' without involving all the extra Requiem setting. I don't think revenants were created with Hunter in mind, so it's more that the issues vampires have with them overlap with the issues hunters might have.

Plus they seem like they would be easier to track.
          I mean, its perfectly possible that Rock and Roll really does open you to the devil in NWOD world. I wouldn't at all be surprised if that was canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruger View Post

I mean, its perfectly possible that Rock and Roll really does open you to the devil in NWOD world. I wouldn't at all be surprised if that was canon.
            Devil, God-Machine, hard to tell the difference. Rock and Roll probably was involved in at least one Occult Matrix.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
            Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
            X