What are a NPC Tier 1 Hunter's chances?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prince of the Night
    started a topic What are a NPC Tier 1 Hunter's chances?

What are a NPC Tier 1 Hunter's chances?

without the magic of plot contrivance proteciting PC's what are a Tier 1 Hunter's chances? when they find out about monsters and may not even have a cell, unless they all got exposed to the supernatural together?

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Point on the Code....

for those with Secret's of the Covenant's

how potent would the Theban sorcery's "Apple of Eden" or "The Apocalypse" be at creating vampire hunter's?

Apple of eden might well be worthwhile to a mortal PC even with causing a breaking point.
    Last edited by Prince of the Night; 05-31-2018, 05:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    Think you can act with aggression without doing so?

oh!

disagree that the Theban sorcery Ritual Apocalypse in Secret's of the Covenant's will quite possibly create a hunter or two.
    The Code is a particular way of steeling up in response to damage up, psychologically speaking, that allows for not only that to work but for the hunter to RIsk Willpower and earn Practical Experience. It's not aggression so much as it is a "No" that you draw a line at and treat as a wall.

Leave a comment:

• 21C Hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessie View Post

There's really no difference between a Tier 1 hunter and a regular blue book character who's stumbled upon the supernatural. It's just about what you wish to call them. The Code might be presented as a change in the character, but it's actually just an optional subsystem that doesn't do anything unless you choose to interact with it, which can only happen after you've already become a hunter. Some hunters might never use that system.
    True. It’s a blurry line.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Originally posted by Tessie View Post

There's really no difference between a Tier 1 hunter and a regular blue book character who's stumbled upon the supernatural. It's just about what you wish to call them. The Code might be presented as a change in the character, but it's actually just an optional subsystem that doesn't do anything unless you choose to interact with it, which can only happen after you've already become a hunter. Some hunters might never use that system.

well that and the ability to risk willpower.

Leave a comment:

• Tessie
    replied
    oh curious?

upon exposure to the supernatural one who reacts with aggression immediately becomes a Tier 1 hunter?
    Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
    Likely not. I’d bet on becoming a hunter relying on whether the person takes up the Code or not.

oh!

disagree that the Theban sorcery Ritual Apocalypse in Secret's of the Covenant's will quite possibly create a hunter or two.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied

oh!

Last edited by Prince of the Night; 05-29-2018, 11:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 21C Hermit
    replied
    oh curious?

upon exposure to the supernatural one who reacts with aggression immediately becomes a Tier 1 hunter?
    Likely not. I’d bet on becoming a hunter relying on whether the person takes up the Code or not.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    oh curious?

Leave a comment:

• Ruger
    replied

I agree its unwise.

What I was asking is if it's "Really stupid" for the point of deserving to die in your sleep.

I think not.
    Oh, you are asking me :x. I'd say no, unless you are a particularly cruel ST. Its really up to you though.

was asking Ruger lol

But on the question on a NPC Tier 1 hunter's chances?

Oh?! Just thought of something?

how difficult is creating a new endowment?

since they all have different sources its hard to say I know.
    New endowment as in a Charon group discovering a weird monster and carving off pieces of it to put on their agents? Not super-hard, there are rules for it at the end of the Endowment section under "Research and Development", along with rules for how to do it. There are some ideas and facilities that would help for each of the major groups. Some, like TFV, actually create the new endowment whole cloth with SCIENCE while the AKD dig up "new" relics without crafting them themselves.

If you mean "creating a new endowment" as in creating a new system entirely, then it is basically how hard the ST wants it to be. Some random person could run into something that turns into and endowment, high-tech gadgets TFV style are theoretically available to any group with enough money, there are plenty of potential sources of power from the monster groups, and many are just something the Hunter is born with. In the end, it would just come down to what game you want. If you want to play a group of Tier 1/2 hunters trying to carve out a conspiracy, you could make it a difficult long-term goal with a couple of partial successes along the way. If you want to play as a conspiracy made by your characters, you could have it done in a scene/chapter, or just leave it as something done in the backstory.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    was asking Ruger lol

But on the question on a NPC Tier 1 hunter's chances?

Oh?! Just thought of something?

how difficult is creating a new endowment?

since they all have different sources its hard to say I know.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied

I agree its unwise.

What I was asking is if it's "Really stupid" for the point of deserving to die in your sleep.

I think not.
    You should really just talk to your players before it gets to that point.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Depends on how attentive the housekeeping is. I'm sure them finding a "dead body" in the bathroom will go over great.
    I agree its unwise.

I think not.

Leave a comment:

• Vent0
    replied
    Is a cheap motel room probal relatively safe.
    Depends on how attentive the housekeeping is. I'm sure them finding a "dead body" in the bathroom will go over great.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Is a cheap motel room probal relatively safe.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X