Enlaving Slashers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlaving Slashers

How difficult is it to enslave a slasher, then again... would they be affected differently by magics such as the viniculam.

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    How difficult is it to enslave a slasher, then again... would they be affected differently by magics such as the Vinculum.
    Emphasis mine. Yes, slashers like anything else are not immune to it. It's still not a very good idea to addict some supernatural killer with say, Integrity 1 to your blood who may decide to display it's devotion by tattooing your entrails.

Comment

so if Im from the Circle or Santum, and want to use a slasher, in either Tempering a hero, or Testing humanity, I probaly want more then the viniculam? Conditioning Gift is hard to find

Though I can just use dominate to steer him into the right area as the hero who needs tested.

nothing says they need to live with me to be used to test a hero, or to clear out a neighbourhood might be best they not for multiple reasons.

Comment

so if Im from the Circle or Santum, and want to use a slasher, in either Tempering a hero, or Testing humanity, I probaly want more then the viniculam? Conditioning Gift is hard to find

Though I can just use dominate to steer him into the right area as the hero who needs tested.

nothing says they need to live with me to be used to test a hero, or to clear out a neighbourhood might be best they not for multiple reasons.
        Bear in mind Slashers draw attention. That's not really good for Vamps. Also, they tend to be, well, crazy - so "test a hero" is pretty limited to "see if they can survive a serial killer".

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
        Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post

Bear in mind Slashers draw attention. That's not really good for Vamps. Also, they tend to be, well, crazy - so "test a hero" is pretty limited to "see if they can survive a serial killer".
          What better way to test a hero?

Comment

What better way to test a hero?
            A) Put them to a sadistic choice
            B) Strip away apparent consequences and give them power/what they want.
            C) Make their life miserable and see if they continue.

Assuming you want, you know, a hero. As opposed to someone combat/survival capable. Because non-heroic a-holes can survive too.

Comment

Do remember a Freeform Masquerade game I played in once, a Malkahavian oracle Told the prince that a mortal serial killer would upset the apple cart.

and a Mask, or Brute probaly would

a Charmer or genius though...

Comment

Do remember a Freeform Masquerade game I played in once, a Malkahavian oracle Told the prince that a mortal serial killer would upset the apple cart.

and a Mask, or Brute probaly would

a Charmer or genius though...
                You might want to explain what this has to do with anything.

Comment

That was just saying I know that a Slasher can cause disturbances

but a Charmer or genius is, ideally, too subtle to even be noticed.

Comment

That was just saying I know that a Slasher can cause disturbances

but a Charmer or genius is, ideally, too subtle to even be noticed.
                    That's really not how it works, in general. Charmers and Genii (and their Scourge forms) get noticed. At least, their actions do, even if who exactly it is is left unknown.

Comment

So the Acolyte wanting to use one in a crucible

shouldnt try contacting him till he needs him for Crucible?

Comment

So the Acolyte wanting to use one in a crucible

shouldnt try contacting him till he needs him for Crucible?
                        That or be prepared to cover up serial murders (which, frankly, they probably have some experience in already) until needed.

Comment

obviously. Best thing to do, is use conditioning... or some similar total control magic.

Might be enlightening for a Telepath to try reading their mind at being Forced into inactivity for so long...

Comment

Hmm. An interesting plot twist might actually be having the Slasher with a split personality brought on by vampiric mental manipulation. Either the Slasher part emerged after too much mindfuckery, or the non-Slasher part was programmed in. Bonus points if this was unintended by the vampire in question.

Comment

Working...
                            X