Character creation inspiration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character creation inspiration

From what pieces of fiction (or even real life) do you take inspiration in when coming up for a hunter, and what ideas do you have for future ones.

For example, Barney Stinson, from How I Met Your Mother is surprisingly a good example of what could be a particularly successful Ashwood abbey libertine (or competitor). Amoral, charismatic, hedonistic as hell, yet deeply flawed, he could very well represent a libertine known for his fame and relationships developed from indulging in the flesh of other supernaturals

Honestly, I don't turn to fiction that much for inspiration. What I do, when trying to come up with a compelling character, is pick a horrific incident in the character's life, and then build from there. In one story, I played a 19-year-old woman named Jae. She was sexually abused by her father, and subsequently became a cutter. Eventually she gained enough courage to run away from home. In another (albeit a Mage: the Awakening game, not Hunter, but my process still stands), I played a Mage who was studying Death and Time in an effort to bring back his daughter who had died very young from cancer.

Once again, that's just my personal process. There's certainly nothing wrong with turning to fiction, and I know I'm probably in the vast minority of people who don't do that. But I just like the idea of something terrible having happened to each of my characters.

Co-Host of The Deliberative Podcast
    Follow us on Twitter!
    Follow us on Facebook!
    Follow us on the Web!

Comment

That's fine. I just mean when you look into other fiction, what characters inspire you

Comment

Right, I gotcha. I just wanted to share my own personal method for character creation.

Co-Host of The Deliberative Podcast
        Follow us on Twitter!
        Follow us on Facebook!
        Follow us on the Web!

Comment

No problem! I thought it was a pretty good write-up

Comment

Working...
          X