Las mysteres question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
    I dunno, there's something about the fact that the confederation of strange-things-from-beyond speakers realizing that they all do the same sort of thing and it pays out in the same sorts of places that fits. I mean, hell, happened with the Diamond Orders, no reason it can't happen with various spirit cults.
    This on one hand. On the other hand (in case the first hand gets a sprain or something), I’d hope they’re focused on Vodoun and Hoodoo, sacrificing the broad spirit-cult thing for focus.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

There is another issue I would like to discuss about, if I may.

In the original version, Les Mysteres were described as almost foolish for trusting spirits over the Forsaken, or for ever thinking the Pure could be the good guys. In a new version I would prefer a more nuanced stand. Ej: Spirits are unreliable and self serving yet also the only allies they can count on, Forsaken can be every bit of assholes as Pures specially regarding collateral damage of their activities, etc....
      Last edited by Raistlin; 08-12-2018, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin View Post
        In the original version, Les Mysteres were described as almost foolish for trusting spirits over the Forsaken, or for thinking the Pure could be the good guys. In a new version I would prefer a more nuanced stand. Ej: Spirits are unreliable and self serving yet they the only allies they can count on, Forsaken can be every bit of assholes as Pures specially regarding collateral damage of their activities, etc....
        It already says that, and they certainly don't think the Pure are the 'good guys'.

les Mysteres only look foolish because we know how the setting is actually supposed to work.

Comment

Very true Michael, the les mysteres are also stated to know that continuously having a spirit inhabit them is bad, so instead they hop in and hop out again.

As for focusing on making mist cults voodoo and such, that definitely works. One of their highest ranking endowments is the concept of the voodoo party god of the underworld after all

Comment

Working...
          X