Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Hunter Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No word yet.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
    Currently Working On: The Noble and the Sovereign, Blog

Comment

Ok, well I'll just be hoping for now

Comment

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but how does the Soul Binding Dread Power work? It notes there is a three dot and a five dot version, but the Dread Power itself ranges from 1-5 dots, so does a Horror need to invest the lion’s share of their Dread Power dots to even gain the base version?

Comment

Originally posted by Taidragon View Post
          Sorry if this question has been asked before, but how does the Soul Binding Dread Power work? It notes there is a three dot and a five dot version, but the Dread Power itself ranges from 1-5 dots, so does a Horror need to invest the lion’s share of their Dread Power dots to even gain the base version?
          I think it having one to five dots was a typo, since basically all the Mortal Remains DP have the same dot rating logo. Three dots gets you the willing version, five dots gets you the unwilling version. One and two would be useless, and since you don't need to roll for the willing version the 4 dot would also be useless. As we are using Mortal Remains rules, the 3 dot version costs 6EXP and the 5 star would cost 10 EXP for monsters, so a fairly weak monster get it it slapped on top using Advanced Anthema.

Since it isn't an incredibly overpowered DP, you could decide as a storyteller (or ask your storyteller if you are using it as a Hunter) to give it a discount. You could, for example, just make the theoretical "one dot" version the same as the 5 dot version with a smaller bonus, and still have the automatic success on willing targets. It still won't be particularly practical to weaker creatures (noting willpower spending rules and how many limits the power has), but at least it won't be their only trick.

Comment

Does anyone think the Talbot group needs further separation from Yuri's group, as of now they just seem like a more tunnel vision version of them

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
              Does anyone think the Talbot group needs further separation from Yuri's group, as of now they just seem like a more tunnel vision version of them
              Eh, they are different enough and as Compacts, they can be regionally limited and not step on each other's toes. Hunters from either group (and Habibti-Ma) probably get each other easier.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
              Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Hmm, fair enough, i wonder what they will be like in 2nd edition if we see them

Comment

When will 2e come out?

Comment

We have no idea, perhaps 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Apex Predator View Post
                      When will 2e come out?
                      We have basically "1.5" with mortal remains updating most to 2e.

Comment

Is there anyone else who specifically around these forums that actually like the les mysteres sub groups being so different? To me it makes sense, as the spirits don't have some overarching plan with others worldwide, instead simply having local spirits manipulate humans that then interpret what they are makes much more sense for a conspiracy that is purposely made disparate

Comment

I have been reading the antagonist sourcebook and I wonder
                          How Common is it for a hunter to go after a Supernatural mortal family

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                            I have been reading the antagonist sourcebook and I wonder
                            How Common is it for a hunter to go after a Supernatural mortal family
                            Common enough. It works.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                            Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.
                            Currently Working On: The Noble and the Sovereign, Blog

Comment

It seems like it would just make a inhuman creature of the night really pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Konradleijon View Post
                                It seems like it would just make a inhuman creature of the night really pissed.
                                Pissed can mean they don't look carefully enough into your crossfire. Then you don't have to worry much.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                                Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
                                X