Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Hunter Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
    In stereotypes section for habiti ma, is the ascending ones paragraph from the habiti ma's or ascending one's perspective
    It does appear to be from the AO's perspective, though there's at least one other stereotype from the book where the perspective is flipped and it too is kinda ambiguous, so who knows?

Comment

Long ago, there was a post on onyx path (website) talking about the possibility of hunters being able to recover from slasherdom. Is this still being considered? I for one would enjoy the idea that a teammate can become a slasher with a slim chance for redemption since it adds to the story

Comment

Does anyone on these forums actually play as the hunt club? I just want some pointers for they are played since they are mostly just regular serial killers, not slashers. And I want to know how you take the rulebooks (sub factions) into consideration

Comment

I’m thinking of haveing the alpha kids from Homestuck as hunters but I want to know there stats have any ideas?
          Last edited by Konradleijon; 11-04-2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

One thing I could not find in Mortal Remains. Does the lucifuge not know the diff between their own demons and the unchained? The book makes it sounds like they think they are one and the same

Comment

One thing I could not find in Mortal Remains. Does the lucifuge not know the diff between their own demons and the unchained? The book makes it sounds like they think they are one and the same
              To be fair we don't even know the difference between the demons and the unchained, and we have meta knowledge :V. Their powers work on both, so for all practical hunty purposes they might as well be the same. They have heard about the GM, but demons are the ones who told them that and trusting demons is a rookie mistake.

Comment

You make it sound like there is a difference between the Unchained and the whole host of demons that the Lucifuge deal with, which includes spirits, fairies, Abyssal entities, and more asides.

The Lucifuge is not merely a kingdom of heirs who rejected their crowns from the Inferno even as their blood flows in their vein, but a hodge-podge of collection of dark lineages where the powersets line-up closely enough to interact with one another and, through them, into the world beyond. They recognize that the Unchained and Institutional Demons (infrastructure and angelic/demonic incursions) are of a different cast than many of the others, but when your purview is a wide net of things called demons, that some seem to embody systems instead of direct vices isn't much distinction.

That said, from what I remember of Mortal Remains, they do understand that there's a difference, even if it's kind of moot where Castigation is concerned.

Kelly R.S. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

So they do understand the difference, but they are still close enough to be considered demons, I think I understand. Would a fractal be welcomed into the lucifuge

Comment

So they do understand the difference, but they are still close enough to be considered demons, I think I understand. Would a fractal be welcomed into the lucifuge
                    With a free trip to Milan and a cold kiss from a gun to boot!

So that actually broaches the weird and contentious part of this conversation-where is the line drawn if the Lucifuge is actually a collection of closely-related-by-theme/iconography subsplats and various lineages, where does Castigation fit into this affair, and what does this mean for the strong core of Hunter-but-Probably-Infernal Demon-ry that is present in, well, both Hunter and Inferno? And, I'll be honest, I don't have an answer for that, directly.

If I had to take a stab, I would call it a tainting that ties in the relationship between the dark that comes when the switch for slasher is flipped and the relationship ties facilitated by the Primordial Dream covered in a slice of Infernal theming, that certain gifts in the various lines hew dark and close enough that it ties into this collection of sympathies that forms Castigation and therefore allow these powers to bend and direct around to one another, till one bleeds into the other, particularly when guided through the lens of the Lucifuge and L'enfant Diabolique.

Either way, there seems to be a subset of every single lineage that can bleed into each other that allows them to interact with a variety of entities normally not native to the mortal-human world and the Unchained in an heir-to-power way. This is why one of the big questions for the Lucifuge is just what is Lady Lucifuge.

Comment

• Oh, fair warning-this conversation has been the subject of a couple of heated debates before, so there's odds this also flares up.

People have some sharp opinions about what the Lucifuge are and ought to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                        Oh, fair warning-this conversation has been the subject of a couple of heated debates before, so there's odds this also flares up.

People have some sharp opinions about what the Lucifuge are and ought to be.
                        Really? Also your 2 cents were pretty good

As for bleeding, I remember what the vanishes said about the abyss and the inferno. "At least abyss just wants to destroy the world, the inferno wants to bleed it"

Comment

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post

Really? Also your 2 cents were pretty good

As for bleeding, I remember what the vanishes said about the abyss and the inferno. "At least abyss just wants to destroy the world, the inferno wants to bleed it"
                          Oh yeah.

As for the bleeding, I was more speaking in terms of things blending and binding together, like when colors bleed together to make black, or that really fugly brown.

Comment

• Ahh ok, my bad. As to my knowledge, isn't there a Japanese variant, with oni instead of demons, tying into the idea it's a hodge podge of demonic ancestry?

Comment

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                              Ahh ok, my bad. As to my knowledge, isn't there a Japanese variant, with oni instead of demons, tying into the idea it's a hodge podge of demonic ancestry?
                              Yep, the Otodo in Fallen Blossoms(Dark Eras) and loosely mentioned in the Tokyo settings up to Promethean.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                                With a free trip to Milan and a cold kiss from a gun to boot!

So that actually broaches the weird and contentious part of this conversation-where is the line drawn if the Lucifuge is actually a collection of closely-related-by-theme/iconography subsplats and various lineages, where does Castigation fit into this affair, and what does this mean for the strong core of Hunter-but-Probably-Infernal Demon-ry that is present in, well, both Hunter and Inferno? And, I'll be honest, I don't have an answer for that, directly.

If I had to take a stab, I would call it a tainting that ties in the relationship between the dark that comes when the switch for slasher is flipped and the relationship ties facilitated by the Primordial Dream covered in a slice of Infernal theming, that certain gifts in the various lines hew dark and close enough that it ties into this collection of sympathies that forms Castigation and therefore allow these powers to bend and direct around to one another, till one bleeds into the other, particularly when guided through the lens of the Lucifuge and L'enfant Diabolique.

Either way, there seems to be a subset of every single lineage that can bleed into each other that allows them to interact with a variety of entities normally not native to the mortal-human world and the Unchained in an heir-to-power way. This is why one of the big questions for the Lucifuge is just what is Lady Lucifuge.
                                That would have some weird implications, given that the God Machine and the Beasty stuff hate each other, from what I have been told about Beast. It would be weird for it to give them power over demons, especially if they are actually the children of unchained. It would also be strange for this to give them some power over Abyssals, vampire blood, and all the other strange things the Lucifuge (and theoretically all Lucifuge) can do.

Having said that, I think it is one of those intentionally vague things like "What is the Lucifigue (person)?", letting you do whatever you want with it in your games. They give you a bunch of theories and you can pick the one you like. "She is an Archdemon/True Fea/Unchained/Actually the same as everyone else in the conspiracy", without being "wrong" in the context of canon. If it ever comes up, you can pretty much make it whatever you want without explicitly contradicting anything you have been given.

You could just as easily say that they are the children of Inferno demons, since they are clearly closely related to the L’enfant Diabolique, which are pretty much confirmed to be Inferno-blooded mortals. Inferno demons already kinda screw with magic, and a theoretically max-powered archdemon is powerful enough to basically do whatever the hell (badamdush!) he wants, and you could inherit a bit of that power using it through the lens of demonic rights.

Comment

Working...
                                X