Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Hunter Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The knockdown tilt is caused by either targeting the legs and overcoming stamina or by a sufficient melee/ranged attack. Under the Causing the Tilt section it says, "The attacker declares that he wants to knock his opponent down, and halves the total damage done (rounding down). On a successful attack, the target is knocked down." This means you do not have to overcome stamina, you just have to hit, correct?


    Comment


    • Originally posted by adonus View Post
      The knockdown tilt is caused by either targeting the legs and overcoming stamina or by a sufficient melee/ranged attack. Under the Causing the Tilt section it says, "The attacker declares that he wants to knock his opponent down, and halves the total damage done (rounding down). On a successful attack, the target is knocked down." This means you do not have to overcome stamina, you just have to hit, correct?
      You are a bit mixed up. The "causing more damage then they have stamina" thing is for tilts like Arm Wrack and Leg Wrack, basically breaking or removing the leg in question. Knocking someone down doesn't require you actually break them, as such it does not require you to defeat their stamina.

      Comment


      • a question regarding the libertine faction of the ashwood abbey. what would be a good way to show the advantages (story wise, like how competitors have their competition and prizes while pursuers have secrets and deep cover info) the libertines bring to the table that the other factions dont? so far all I have is that they have knowledge of niche things about the supernatural, due to their odd hobbies that involve them(and even then Kim afraid if that falls into pursuer territory)

        Comment


        • When a hunter get excommunicated from the Malleus Maleficarum, does he lose access to the Benedictions he already learned while being a member?

          Comment


          • i dont believe so. I believe being excommunicated means getting killed or living under heavy surveillance

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
              a question regarding the libertine faction of the ashwood abbey. what would be a good way to show the advantages (story wise, like how competitors have their competition and prizes while pursuers have secrets and deep cover info) the libertines bring to the table that the other factions dont? so far all I have is that they have knowledge of niche things about the supernatural, due to their odd hobbies that involve them(and even then Kim afraid if that falls into pursuer territory)

              I think above niche knowledge, they have niche contacts. Think about it, how many hunters can actually brag about having a living werewolf friend, or a vampire lover, or changeling slave, etc? It's not something many hunters can pull of, but if there's anyone who can pull it off, it's certainly a Libertine from the Ashwood Abbey, not the Competitors, not the Pursuers either.
              While these connections are likely to be fragile and fleeting, they do give the Libertines a stark advantage over the... lets say... "less open-minded"... hunter factions. It gives them the ability to gain information directly from the source, and might allow them to actually influence the communities of the supernaturals they interact with.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                a question regarding the libertine faction of the ashwood abbey. what would be a good way to show the advantages (story wise, like how competitors have their competition and prizes while pursuers have secrets and deep cover info) the libertines bring to the table that the other factions dont? so far all I have is that they have knowledge of niche things about the supernatural, due to their odd hobbies that involve them(and even then Kim afraid if that falls into pursuer territory)
                In addition to having stranger allies, they probably also have access to magic that other hunter groups don't. An Abbey Libertine might know a few spells that they picked up from a witch friend (core book, Hurt Locker, and Second Sight: Third Eye supernatural merits), a Geist Krewe (the "anyone can do them" rituals that were in the Geist 2e preview), or even a Werewolf pack (certain pack-rites, especially if they're wolf-blooded and don't know it).


                proin's Legacy hub

                Comment


                • so basically libertines, due to their excess and interest and doing things even other abbey wouldn't do, would likely have greater knowledge in influencing monsters along with actually knowing some magic of their own.

                  Thanks Ventrue Life and proindrakenzol! this was a big help

                  Comment


                  • I have a question about the Marksmanship merit. Through the Crosshairs says, ​Usually, the maximum bonus from aiming is three dice. With Through the Crosshairs, it’s equal to her Composure + Firearms. Does this mean you still must aim for three turns or does it apply after the one turn of aiming required by the merit?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Corbie View Post
                      I have a question about the Marksmanship merit. Through the Crosshairs says, ​Usually, the maximum bonus from aiming is three dice. With Through the Crosshairs, it’s equal to her Composure + Firearms. Does this mean you still must aim for three turns or does it apply after the one turn of aiming required by the merit?
                      It means you can spend up to your Composure + Firearms in turns aiming for an equal bonus. Basically, the base rule is that spending more than three rounds aiming doesn't do anything, but if you have Marksmanship then you are trained in being able to focus and produce better results by taking longer to aim, you're a trained sniper and you're better at making your one shot count.

                      It's for marksmen (hence the name), not run-and-gun types.


                      proin's Legacy hub

                      Comment


                      • So I've got a player who would like to turn the merit Peacemaker (Hurt Locker page 42) into a Cheiron Endowment. Anyone have some suggestions on how to do this? It seems like it would shake out to be similar to Hand of Glory, but with less raw power as well as less downsides. I was thinking about having it a 3-cost Endowment, work like the 3 dot version of Peacemaker, be made from a specific type of Changeling's vocal chords, and replace the merit's drawback with the character's voice being perfectly recognizable to anyone that's heard it before. I was tempted to make it a penalty to directly lying (playing off of the whole Faerie thing), but it's for a character that's very social-focused, so might as well have it be something that doesn't directly interfere with what they're trying to do.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Enokh View Post
                          So I've got a player who would like to turn the merit Peacemaker (Hurt Locker page 42) into a Cheiron Endowment. Anyone have some suggestions on how to do this? It seems like it would shake out to be similar to Hand of Glory, but with less raw power as well as less downsides. I was thinking about having it a 3-cost Endowment, work like the 3 dot version of Peacemaker, be made from a specific type of Changeling's vocal chords, and replace the merit's drawback with the character's voice being perfectly recognizable to anyone that's heard it before. I was tempted to make it a penalty to directly lying (playing off of the whole Faerie thing), but it's for a character that's very social-focused, so might as well have it be something that doesn't directly interfere with what they're trying to do.
                          Hey Enokh, what about this? "**** Luck: The Endowment stirs fate to work against the character in some fashion. The next roll the hunter fails automatically becomes a dramatic failure instead." I got this from the Hunter Core book on page 194. It seems thematically appropriate to the idea of Thaumatech using Changeling physiology cuz luck and fairies kinda go together anyways.

                          Comment


                          • 1) Are all Compacts and Conspiracies getting Endowments in 2nd edition?

                            2) Do elephant guns get any damage bonuses against human-sized enemies?


                            Didn't anyone ever tell you not to bring claws to a gun fight?

                            Comment


                            • 1) I believe so. They all have Endowments in 1e too, if you look at the C&C book (which has its good parts and it's meh parts).

                              2) 1e or 2e?

                              Comment


                              • Is there a way to replicate the Blood Bond with Dread Powers?


                                A god is just a monster you kneel to. - ArcaneArts, Quoting "Fall of Gods"

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X