Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Hunter Edition

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer: Hunter Edition

Because everyone else has one, why not the Hunter tab?
    No actual question to start this out elegantly. So we can pretend that above thing was a non-rhetorical question.

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Am watching the movie "The stepfather" The original wondered is the titular charachter more a Charmer a psycho or what.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
    one 2nd edition thing you cant be a part of two or mor covenant and conspiracys Id enjoy seeing infiltration.
    Unless I've missed something there's no problem with infiltration. It's not a hard rule, it's a feature of the setting that the C&Cs don't allow dual-memberships.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    one 2nd edition thing you cant be a part of two or mor covenant and conspiracys Id enjoy seeing infiltration.

Leave a comment:

• Michael
    replied
    Taskforce Valkyrie do they join cells openly? Theirs times it might n ot be best to advertise yourself as working for the government. but a lot of their endowments are pretty openly extraordinary
    I think that's up to you. There's always the option of just not answering, or just saying you work for the government, or saying you work for a cover branch of the government. Hunter has always been pretty light on the concrete details of how the various conspiracies actually function.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    Taskforce Valkyrie do they join cells openly? Theirs times it might n ot be best to advertise yourself as working for the government. but a lot of their endowments are pretty openly extraordinary

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    I Have both Promethean the Created and Vampire the Requiem is their a problem with building monsters with their own books rather then with Dread powers.
    Keeping in mind that the Horror Creation Rules tend to hew closer to human characters, no, not really-but games aren't balanced between each other, so if players see a difficulty spike against some splats, that's why.

Still workable, mind you, outside of the Top Three.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    I Have both Promethean the Created and Vampire the Requiem is their a problem with building monsters with their own books rather then with Dread powers.

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    on the 2nd Ediitioin PDF It lists the merit proffessional skill says to see a sidebar I cant find!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Azerkatil
    replied
    the Benediction Wrathful Sword of St. Michael the Archangel. If used on a Chainsaw (pure example) with a Benediction rating of 3, would the damage from the chainsaw against a 'monster' be 3, 5 or 8?

Leave a comment:

• HunterInTheNight
    replied
    With the 2e backer pdf out, I have a question about endowments.

It says you get 2 endowments at character creation, and for half the conspiracies, it's fine. But then you have things like benedictions and elixirs, which come with a dot rating, getting you more as you increase it. Do you start at 1 dot, even though you have two endowments? And then advanced armoury, where the dot rating is more important than the individual endowments, do you still get two endowments, but only 1 dot?

Leave a comment:

• Prince of the Night
    replied
    am a SSI Recipitent am morbidly curious what profession I'd qualify for Vagrant? It doesnt say that you cant have resources after all

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    So let's say you wanted to have a Lucky Charm that's actually a tattoo.

Three-Dotting sound like a decent way of addressing the removal of the drawback?

Leave a comment:

• Salagimsim
    replied
    You guys are amazing! Thank you so much for the speedy responses.

Leave a comment:

• Draconis
    replied
    I will add, by the way: H:tV second edition doesn't exist yet, but the CofD 2e corebook (aka "mortals" or "the blue book") includes quite a lot of material from H:tV first edition. You can run a solid Vigil game using only the 2e "mortals" core, mixing in some of the freely-available previews from the Onyx Path blog if you want. No need to invest in all the 1e books!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X