Immortal hunters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immortal hunters

Got today idea for NPC that is immortal - or very long living - hunter. How can it be achieved in setting? Beside Mallus Maleficarum leaders way of vampire blood drinking.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Compacts and Conspiracies established the Lucifuge as growing increasingly long-lived as they rise in Status — each dot halves the rate at which they age — and sample character the Chevalier Theleme is hundreds of years old.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Lucifuge has the Ageless Sanction, where one ages slower depending on their Status. At the lowest level, for every two years, the hunter ages one. At the highest, every 32 years, the hunter ages one. That gives you a lifespan of 2240 years.

Comment

Become a full vampire. You even get some handy powers with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Become a full vampire. You even get some handy powers with it.
          Better would be to become proper Immortal ( from the CoD sourcebook on them ). But, still, they would not be proper hunters... Or would they?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
            But, still, they would not be proper hunters... Or would they?
            Probably not, but it could be interesting. I mean it'd basically just be a more extreme version of the MM.

You could always just have an immortal NPC and not explain it. Like, maybe they don't know why either.

Comment

I've used Immortals a number of times in my Hunter homebrew- body thieves, blood bathers, wardens, harvesters, reincarnated, patchwork, etc, etc. There are many ways to extend your lifespan in the CofD without gaining a full template, and many of them would actually make a lot of sense to operate as hunters. The AKD collect relics, for example- it is only a matter of time before one of them would become an Eternal in order to forever guard the relic in question. The Ascending Ones are alchemists- and the Purified are a product of Essence Alchemy. Cheiron take and put people apart on a day to day basis- they definitely have the process to create a Patchwork, or a variation of it. The Lucifuge, as it was said before, are naturally immortal, depending on their place in the conspiracy. The MM hunts for vampires- so at least some members have the knowledge of blood bathing, so they at least understand the theory behind the practice and may apply it by using the blood of vampires. Having an hunter reincarnated from age to age in a chase after an eternal foe, or perhaps turning to become a body thief to achieve the same goal, is also not out of the picture- and those two types of immortals naturally have the tendency to create organizations similarly to hunters. And of course, the harvesters, who would kill monsters to gain their lifespan.

In short, yeah, there are many ways to give your hunter immortality with or without your organization's approval, if you even need one to gain such a state.

EDIT- also, the Faithful of Shulpae are eating the immortality of their prey as canon, and the Hototogisu could potentially steal it from others, and the Promethean Brotherhood could use their stolen magic to prolong their life. So, immortal hunters are definitely around.
              Last edited by LostLight; 11-02-2018, 10:06 AM.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Immortals:

Blood Bathers - Slashers maybe, but probably not Hunters
                Body Thieves - They could be Hunters, but others would not like them if they found out.
                Purified - Maybe Werewolf Hunters, if they were feeling ballsy.
                Eternals - I don't see anything stopping them from being Hunters, really.
                Wardens - "NIMBY, eh Union? I embody that concept."
                Patchwork People - What's that Cheiron? You are just installing monster parts instead of people parts?
                Harvesters - Also, basically Slashers except their designated prey practically requires them to hunt supernaturals. So, obligate Hunters?
                Visitors - Probably something other Hunters hunt.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Don't forget the Sons of Phobos who have found a way to ape vampirism without actually becoming one. They can hunt humans to prolong their life but are much better off hunting vampires even if it is more dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                    I've used Immortals a number of times in my Hunter homebrew- body thieves, blood bathers, wardens, harvesters, reincarnated, patchwork, etc, etc. There are many ways to extend your lifespan in the CofD without gaining a full template, and many of them would actually make a lot of sense to operate as hunters. The AKD collect relics, for example- it is only a matter of time before one of them would become an Eternal in order to forever guard the relic in question. The Ascending Ones are alchemists- and the Purified are a product of Essence Alchemy. Cheiron take and put people apart on a day to day basis- they definitely have the process to create a Patchwork, or a variation of it. The Lucifuge, as it was said before, are naturally immortal, depending on their place in the conspiracy. The MM hunts for vampires- so at least some members have the knowledge of blood bathing, so they at least understand the theory behind the practice and may apply it by using the blood of vampires. Having an hunter reincarnated from age to age in a chase after an eternal foe, or perhaps turning to become a body thief to achieve the same goal, is also not out of the picture- and those two types of immortals naturally have the tendency to create organizations similarly to hunters. And of course, the harvesters, who would kill monsters to gain their lifespan.

In short, yeah, there are many ways to give your hunter immortality with or without your organization's approval, if you even need one to gain such a state.

EDIT- also, the Faithful of Shulpae are eating the immortality of their prey as canon, and the Hototogisu could potentially steal it from others, and the Promethean Brotherhood could use their stolen magic to prolong their life. So, immortal hunters are definitely around.
                    I am pretty sure "bathing in vampire blood to gain immortality" goes against some Catholic teaching or another :V

Comment

Originally posted by Ruger View Post

I am pretty sure "bathing in vampire blood to gain immortality" goes against some Catholic teaching or another :V
                      The same goes for drinking it, but that doesn't seem to stop anyone :P

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                        The same goes for drinking it, but that doesn't seem to stop anyone :P
                        Drinking blood required! At least once a week!

Comment

Originally posted by Ruger View Post

Drinking blood required! At least once a week!
                          Ambrogio Baudolino wrote this

On a more serious note I always wondered if veteran hunters from Conspiracies might jut find enough spooky items and powers to become functionally immortal

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to bring claws to a gun fight?

Comment

If I am running the game, and it is an NPC, I would make it simply happen via GM fiat. "Because I want it to" is sufficient mechanical justification for me. If it is something I want my PCs to have access to, then I would probably just create an endowment for it.

Comment

Working...
                            X