supplemental compacts and conspiracies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• supplemental compacts and conspiracies

from what I know, 2nd edition will likely have all the core hunter groups (along with VASCU) represented. what i am wondering is if the supplemental groups will be expanded upon in later books.

Hard to say. It's possible, but we haven't heard about any Hunter specific expansions yet. It also depends on how the Status Merits look - if they stick with the 1/3/5 benefit scale, there may not be much need to detail them. Even those 1E groups who have very inaccurate understanding of the supernatural based on 2E can fit into any new canon because their ethos (and thus pathos) is based on belief, not on hard fact.

Comment

I am dearly hoping that one of the stretch goals will be Compacts & Conspiracies Vol 2, but we will have to wait and see.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I'm hoping so too Second Chances. just wondering though,you you mean for the supplemental C&C right?

if so, I would love to see how mysteres, illuminated brotherhood, cainites, and the Barret Commision would be expanded

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
          I'm hoping so too Second Chances. just wondering though,you you mean for the supplemental C&C right?

if so, I would love to see how mysteres, illuminated brotherhood, cainites, and the Barret Commision would be expanded
          Bingo! I'd like to see stuff about the Ahl al Jabal, the Council of Bones, and the C&Cs from Mortal Remains.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn, Contagion RMCs; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I didn't even think about the dark eras hunter groups. it would be very cool if a possible 2nd vol. included these C&Cs (and how they would do in the modern day)

finally if a volume 2 does happen, I think it would be a wonderful opportunity to expand on how these groups can be played to their angle (by which I mean the political game of the commision, what truth and self danger the illuminated brotherhood hopes to find, and finding out the secret to unlocking the rite of hecate for the promethean brotherhood)

Comment

Honestly I like a lot of the supplemental Conspiracies better than the core ones, for one simple reason. As time went on, Conspiracies became less "world-spanning Tier 3 organizations" and more "Cells and Compacts that also have Endowments". (See: Les Mystères, the Knights of St Adrian, Division 6, the Merrick Institute…)

Which honestly I like a lot better. Endowments are cool and all of these groups have awesome flavor, but I can bring them into the game without needing huge international world-dominating secret organizations to be canon. I'm hoping we get more of those in second edition.

Comment

I see whatcha mean'. The supplements really had a cult theme with the conspiracies' especially the cainites and shulpa. I'm pretty sure the what makes a conspiracy is simply having the means to endowments of supernatural (or very advanced tech) origin

Comment

Yeah... the Cainite Heresy feels like a Conspiracy at least with their reach, but most of them feel a lot like "Compacts with extra powers," especially after C&C gave us Compact Endowments. Mind, I love Compact Endowments (see my thread, which one day I'll add another entry to when work isn't making me hate everything and eating my soul...), but the Merrick Institute feels far more like a Compact with an Endowment that happens to be supernatural instead of purely mundane. Same with the Knights of Saint Aiden - Ink is real cool (easily top three Endowments in the game for me), and their flavor is awesome, but they read like Division Six more than an anti-Lucifuge. The Faithful's feel depends entirely on their reach in your game; with even two temples, I am fine calling them a Conspiracy (cause think about what is IN those temples and how much it must take to keep them down), but it's still not quite on par with, say, 666 demon bloods or an arm of the Catholic Church.

Also kind of hoping that they do five-tier status benefits, and get rid of the only benefit for one dot being "you can take this Endowment." With C&C, that made it feel like Conspiracy membership basically said "you're able to buy a thing, but those guys get a free merit AND can buy a thing too! But yours is technically cooler, I guess." And sure, supernatural powers are cool and all, and I'd be fine with Castigation, but when a Conspiracy Endowment IS limited to just five dots, it's not necessarily worth losing a merit at the first dot if the Compacts can obtain a unique, if mundane, merit as well - I'd also be cool with the benefits of Unearthed Secrets or, hell, even the Prayer (free willpower is nothing to sneeze at).

Comment

the les mysteres are an even worse offender with just how divided they are in my opinion (though I am actually fine with how they are represented).

honestly it seems conspiracies are just if you have a magic or advanced tech endowment, otherwise conspiracies can be even more loose than compacts

Comment

Indeed! Mind, I don't think that's a bad thing; Les Mystères or the Knights of Adrian fit into the world a lot more easily than e.g. the Cheiron Group. I'm hoping they continue to go in that direction for 2e.

Comment

Working...
                      X