Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many members/hunters are in a conspiracy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many members/hunters are in a conspiracy?

I am especially interested in how many members have these conspiracies:
    Aegis Kai Doru
    Ascending Ones
    Cainite Heresy
    Cheiron Group
    Knights of Saint Adrian
    Knights of Saint George
    Les Mystères
    Malleus Maleficarum
    Task Force: VALKYRIE
    Vanguard Serial Crimes Unit

I know there are 666 Lucifuge hunters. But the others? Which conspiracy has the most members? Can the conspiracies be ranked from the biggest to the smallest? How would it look like?

Short answer: depends on your ST. Lucifuge may or may not actually have 666—certainly nobody except the Lady of Milan herself would know enough to take an accurate count. Les Mystères might be a small local cult with no connection to other Hunters anywhere in the world; the Knights of St Adrian are explicitly an investigation/bounty-hunting group organized by a single person, but that could mean anywhere from five Hunters to a couple hundred, depending how many layers of middlemen Howard has. And nobody has any idea how many Cainites there are, least of all the Cainites themselves.

Comment

I'd guess that Les Mysteres are by far the largest. They're written as not so much a conspiracy as a type of Hunter group.

The Ascending Ones are maybe a similar size due to their decentralised structure.

Comment

Taskforce VALKYRIE was given the count of about six thousand. Two thousand field operatives, and four thousand support personnel.

Comment

Originally posted by Enokh View Post
          Taskforce VALKYRIE was given the count of about six thousand. Two thousand field operatives, and four thousand support personnel.

8 thousand according to the core rule book- three quarters of those support staff and administration.

Anyway to the question, the typical conspiracy is supposed to number 2 to 4 thousand people who include the support/infrastructure for around 750 to 1000 actual hunters, according to the core book.

Comment

Originally posted by StSword View Post
            8 thousand according to the core rule book- three quarters of those support staff and administration.
            Shit, my bad. Thanks for the correction!

Comment

Note: The information StSword is referencing is on page 31 of the corebook, in case you want to take a gander. Good stuff.

Comment

OP: As many as needed.

Comment

Working...
                X