A Possible Change To The Lucifuge.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Possible Change To The Lucifuge.

Hey! So, i wa reading the Contagion thread and Omegaphallic pointed out something interesting. One of the powers presented in the contagion chronicle allows hunters and others beings to becomg godlike for a while. And the Lucifuge are used as a example,it was said they become the god they told other people they can become as well. Which begs the question,are Lucifuge changing for penintent redemption and salvation seekers to a more modern satanist tranhumanist faction? One that is about gaining power ? what do you guys think?

It'd be a fairly odd path to take, given the core book hunter's general focus on "humanity" rather than the arguable transhumanist states of the other book's monsters. From the 2E playtest, we can see they're still fighting against their demon side rather than embracing it (...at least for the most part). Nothing really about gaining power, bunch about fighting your inner demons and how they're gonna be made if you let yourself loose.

I'm not caught up with my Contagion, and it did feel like they where stepping away from the heavier Christian demon imagery with the God-Machine angel/demon stuff in Mortal Remains, but I doubt they're going the "Being a half demon is totally awesome" route.

Comment

honestly I hope they stay with the original themes more, a change so drastic seems unnecessary (and the demon section for them could of been better IMO)

Comment

So with the new Contagion preview, we also discover that they may shift the Lucifuge's origin from Inferno to the God Machine (something which was straight ruled out in Mortal Remains). I'm not sure how I feel about it, if it is true. Will have to wait for more info before I'll judge.

Also, it looks like the AKD are officially the ones getting the cut as a core conspiracy, as they are the only ones not mentioned in the writeup among the big six, and their place is taken by the Council of Bones (the Ashwood Abbey is replaced by some group called S.W.O.R.N, which seem to have connections with native american tribes, but we already knew that the Abbey was cut as a core and sent to a short writeup, so no surprise here)

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

not gonna lie, I dont like the replacement of the abbey and AKD (though the council sounds cool at least, in terms of name)

though, what really disappoints me is the possible lucifuge shift. hopefully the AKD and abbey get into a supplement

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
            So with the new Contagion preview, we also discover that they may shift the Lucifuge's origin from Inferno to the God Machine (something which was straight ruled out in Mortal Remains).
            No and no, Lost. Inferno never actually offered a conclusive origin for the Lucifuge (it would be supremely bad signposting to put a definite answer to a gameline-specific splat's origins in a bluebook), Mortal Remains doesn't "straight rule out" any of the Lucifuge having origins in the Unchained or their maker (the opposite is outright floated as one of their fears), and the Bend preview doesn't do any more than posit the possibility that some of its hunters might draw a line of descent from the God-Machine (which is no more a change to their origin than Mortal Remains's putting up speculation that the conspiracy's patron has some connection to the True Fae).

Hunter's relation to the wider cosmology is weird and the Lucifuge's only definitive unifying feature has historically been "they work for the Lucifuge." That doesn't change if some of them are the product of long-term Infrastructural oversight.

Resident Lore-Hound
            Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

The Lucifuge always have and always will started the initial approach of self-understanding from a Milton-esque mythopoeic point of view in a world that is decidely non-mythopoeic, but as a group of children of demons run into the problem of a world where "Did you mean demon, demon, or demon?" is a thing, it becomes increasingly clear where foreign influences got roped into a barely-fitting mask. This is why Castigations cast the broader net that they do, and is entirely the reason why The Truth have enough ammo to be a discernible faction-because as the edges of understanding become cracked by just how much of a mixed family tree the Lucifuge really is, the more and more you have to wonder just who the damnedable woman leading this little lie told really is.

Honestly, I'm starting to want to burn out the section in the Inferno with how often that section comes up and is used a means to ignore the rest of the text across the entire line.

ANyways, as far as Bend is concerned, It's not surprising that plays a little more emphasis on those with more discernable techgnostic ties, considering the way that the G-M relates to the contagion within text. Still, no more so than the Changeling Chapter of Mortal Remains asserting the critical analysis of Lucifige as children of fairies should be taken as an absolute, the reading of Bend should not be used to reflect widely on the Lucifuge.

The devil is in the details, and the world is lousy with devils. It's crass to assume you've got the full picture when you're at the bottom of the tree.
              Last edited by ArcaneArts; 04-20-2019, 12:28 AM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
              Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                So with the new Contagion preview, we also discover that they may shift the Lucifuge's origin from Inferno to the God Machine (something which was straight ruled out in Mortal Remains). I'm not sure how I feel about it, if it is true. Will have to wait for more info before I'll judge.

Also, it looks like the AKD are officially the ones getting the cut as a core conspiracy, as they are the only ones not mentioned in the writeup among the big six, and their place is taken by the Council of Bones (the Ashwood Abbey is replaced by some group called S.W.O.R.N, which seem to have connections with native american tribes, but we already knew that the Abbey was cut as a core and sent to a short writeup, so no surprise here)
                I'm kind of supuprised. I thought that the "a conspiracy is getting cut" thing was a misunderstanding? A miscount or something.

Comment

Wait conspiracies are getting cut? Is there a dev blog or forum post that confirms with reasoning? Not trying to complain just curious as to why.

Comment

Originally posted by Madman777 View Post
                    Wait conspiracies are getting cut? Is there a dev blog or forum post that confirms with reasoning? Not trying to complain just curious as to why.
                    I believe Ashwood Abbey was cut due to dislike for the Compact (it being a club of rich people out to have a good time by killing monsters), but that could be wrong.

Dunno why they would cut the AKD, other than that I liked it. ;(

But I think that both are being relegated to a sidebar as being mentioned like most of the minor compacts and conspiracies, and that they might receive a full write up in a supplement book.

Comment

Originally posted by Ever Professional View Post

I believe Ashwood Abbey was cut due to dislike for the Compact (it being a club of rich people out to have a good time by killing monsters), but that could be wrong.

Dunno why they would cut the AKD, other than that I liked it. ;(

But I think that both are being relegated to a sidebar as being mentioned like most of the minor compacts and conspiracies, and that they might receive a full write up in a supplement book.
                      that's what I'm hoping for. the ashwood were getting so much better as the supplements went on into more than just "killing for fun" into being the compact that interacted with monsters in all ways for a thrill. no idea why AKD was cut, hopefully both make a supplement

Comment

Is the bend preview public? I want to have a quick read about it.
                        Last edited by Pierrew; 04-25-2019, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pierrew View Post
                          Is the bend preview public? I want to have a quick read about it.
                          you have to back the kickstarter to see it. do it quickly it will be over is less than 2 hours

Comment

Originally posted by Ever Professional View Post
                            I believe Ashwood Abbey was cut due to dislike for the Compact (it being a club of rich people out to have a good time by killing monsters)
                            The problem isn't usually that base premise so much as how the corebook pretty heavily presented them as "If you're lucky they'll kill you [I]before[/] they rape and skin you" which is... very niche where being meant as protagonists is concerned. Compacts & Conspiracies made a valiant effort (which their eventual 2e depiction will presumably continue) to turn back on that being the default member but the damage was already done.

Comment

Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
                              The problem isn't usually that base premise so much as how the corebook pretty heavily presented them as "If you're lucky they'll kill you [I]before[/] they rape and skin you" which is... very niche where being meant as protagonists is concerned.
                              The core didn't really do this, but the durability of the 'Ashwood Abbey are all rapists' meme did likely contribute to their being cut and overall dislike for the compact.

Comment

Working...
                              X