Hunter: the Vigil 2E Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter: the Vigil 2E Kickstarter

As we know that HtV 2E Kickstarter will start at 6th February - next Thursday - let's cover the topic about it.
    EDIT: Kickstarter link - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...leplaying-game

Start of the discussion on the Kickstarter on lucky, 50th post in the topic.

Official information about corebook before the Kickstarter - http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...05#post1365205

Story Told podcast did interview of Monica Valentinelli, lead designer of Hunter: the Vigil 2E on this game edition - here it is.
    https://www.podbean.com/media/share/dir-7j7wv-7f4b824

More info on the interview - in it's own topic on forum - here - http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...a-valentinelli

And for now - what do you expect from the new edition of the game?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-08-2020, 03:21 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Big freaking weapons to take down mummies 🤯

Comment

More on the compacts and conspiracies, spy gear, using monsters like chess pieces in order to make them kill each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
        Big freaking weapons to take down mummies 🤯
        From what I understand 2E Mummy rules - you really cannot kill it, for good. Only to limit it to 'sleep' so she would need next 'life' to awaken...
        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-02-2020, 01:37 PM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post

From what I understand 2E Mummy rules - you really cannot kill it, for good. Only to limit it to 'sleep' so she would need next 'life' to awaken...
          You could, in theory, banish it from your own timeline- which makes it effectively "dead" as much as you care. As Mummy is written from the Arisen POV, we don't actually know whether the mummy would force itself into timeline from which is was banished/destroyed, or that in timelines in which it cannot exist it simply does not exist, but it does not bother the mummy as it exist in every other timeline in which it can exist.

In short, the way that mummies go through time is weird. It allows them to ignore time paradoxes from their own reference, but it is is viewed from inside the timeline itself is not well defined. The way I understand it, if you destroy a mummy in your timeline it is destroyed in your timeline- but as it exist in any other timeline, they don't even notice it.

And as for tools to fight mummies- hunters would probably use fire, time and careful design in order to keep it as dead as possible, so I'm not sure any new "apocalyptic scale" mechanics are needed, or even in theme for Hunter.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
            You could, in theory, banish it from your own timeline- which makes it effectively "dead" as much as you care. As Mummy is written from the Arisen POV, we don't actually know whether the mummy would force itself into timeline from which is was banished/destroyed, or that in timelines in which it cannot exist it simply does not exist, but it does not bother the mummy as it exist in every other timeline in which it can exist.

In short, the way that mummies go through time is weird. It allows them to ignore time paradoxes from their own reference, but it is is viewed from inside the timeline itself is not well defined. The way I understand it, if you destroy a mummy in your timeline it is destroyed in your timeline- but as it exist in any other timeline, they don't even notice it.

And as for tools to fight mummies- hunters would probably use fire, time and careful design in order to keep it as dead as possible, so I'm not sure any new "apocalyptic scale" mechanics are needed, or even in theme for Hunter.
            well the mummy could still be resurrected by cultists and I think the chosen Judge can bring forth the mummy back too if the situation calls for it.

in short, the best way to "kill" a mummy is to kill as many cultists as possible, and to contain the body (and if I understand correctly, it seems the Faithful of Shulpae contain mummies and have rituals to keep them asleep)

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post

well the mummy could still be resurrected by cultists and I think the chosen Judge can bring forth the mummy back too if the situation calls for it.

in short, the best way to "kill" a mummy is to kill as many cultists as possible, and to contain the body (and if I understand correctly, it seems the Faithful of Shulpae contain mummies and have rituals to keep them asleep)
              They do? Sounds pretty badass

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post

They do? Sounds pretty badass
                think is the key word. one of the Services a Shulpae member can be part of is a Keeper I believe, and it mentions they do rituals to keep their "gods" asleep. and one of those gods must be Mummies

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post

think is the key word. one of the Services a Shulpae member can be part of is a Keeper I believe, and it mentions they do rituals to keep their "gods" asleep. and one of those gods must be Mummies
                  This is accurate, and one of the ways the Faithful of Shulpae are dangerous is that they superficially seem like an easy cult system to subvert and integrate into your own....only to have a couple of cycles where in you are Called Upon for the Feast and Only the Feast.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                  The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                  Female pronouns, please.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                    This is accurate, and one of the ways the Faithful of Shulpae are dangerous is that they superficially seem like an easy cult system to subvert and integrate into your own....only to have a couple of cycles where in you are Called Upon for the Feast and Only the Feast.
                    thank you for confirming that. I was scared I was spreading misinformation by accident.

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post

If they end up going with the make-your-own Endowment system, you could probably make something that could kill/seal its target and prevent it from reviving. I'm sure you could come up with something for Castigation or Benediction based on trapping a soul in something/somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                        As we know that HtV 2E Kickstarter will start at 6th February - next Thursday - let's cover the topic about it. I will link the start of KS here and posts about it.

And for now - what do you expect from the new edition of the game?
                        Honestly, I'm either going to love it or hate it. It's the update I feel the most apprehensive about, to be honest.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                        Female pronouns, please.

Comment

Honestly, I'm either going to love it or hate it. It's the update I feel the most apprehensive about, to be honest.
                          ...may I ask why?

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

...may I ask why?
                            Hunter is perhaps the game that is the most "penny in the air" in terms of the sort of perspectives that will direct it because of the stark difference between the original game's text and popular conception of it (Hunter 1st is actually a morally and ethically conflicted mess that offer a lot of personal horror and truly disturbing character types done in the pursuit of the "virtuous" Vigil but also some brilliantly aspirational takes on the future only possible because of that darkness, Hunter Fandom hews towards a much...cleaner take of everything that is also, to me, much shallower and less rewarding), and while I feel like what little we've gotten so far has hewed towards continuing what I liked about Hunter in the first place, I can't shake the feeling that since I feel I can safely say I probably don't represent the mainstream Hunter Fandom, I'll end up with a Hunter that will be good, but not the Hunter that helped me start my career of running Chronicles, and considering I had two years of non-stop Hunter as a formative experience as a Chronicles GM, I have a lot of feels about possibly being missed.

Like, I expect it to be good either way? But I worry about it not still being my Hunter, you know?

It's a purely selfish thing, but sometimes that's what we have.

Female pronouns, please.

Comment

Hunter is perhaps the game that is the most "penny in the air" in terms of the sort of perspectives that will direct it because of the stark difference between the original game's text and popular conception of it (Hunter 1st is actually a morally and ethically conflicted mess that offer a lot of personal horror and truly disturbing character types done in the pursuit of the "virtuous" Vigil but also some brilliantly aspirational takes on the future only possible because of that darkness, Hunter Fandom hews towards a much...cleaner take of everything that is also, to me, much shallower and less rewarding), and while I feel like what little we've gotten so far has hewed towards continuing what I liked about Hunter in the first place, I can't shake the feeling that since I feel I can safely say I probably don't represent the mainstream Hunter Fandom, I'll end up with a Hunter that will be good, but not the Hunter that helped me start my career of running Chronicles, and considering I had two years of non-stop Hunter as a formative experience as a Chronicles GM, I have a lot of feels about possibly being missed.

Like, I expect it to be good either way? But I worry about it not still being my Hunter, you know?

It's a purely selfish thing, but sometimes that's what we have.
                              ahh, I assume you basically worry they will make hunters "good guys"

If I assumed correctly, I actually agree with that. I do worry they will make hunters mostly in the right instead of the big grey area it was

Comment

Working...
                              X