Hunter: the Vigil 2E Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tomorrow's Nobody View Post
    For example, the Code specifies that all monsters must be killed and all humans must be protected. There is no gray area permitted.
    Yes to the latter, no to the former. The Code underlines a priority between the two, but being a monster hunter and then privileging a monster's safety over a human's is a point of failure that doesn't require you to take a stake to every vampire you know of to avoid it. This is still a gameline where "monster reformer" is a valid aim for a cell or character.

Resident Lore-Hound
    Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

"Humans above Monsters" does not immediately translate "Life to the Former, Death to the Latter."

It does mean anyone who tries to take comfort in who they are takes second priority to those who mourn what is forever lost, though.

It also does mean policing for personal benefit takes priority over healthy growth for people where they are, though that's blurrier.

There's a lot of spectrum of how to interpret those two.

What it does not allow for is Hunters to not be a shade of monster, which is the result of the sort of people who suffer a trauma from a sort of people and often don't even have the context to understand where they're coming from before deciding "Hey, I need to do something against these people for whatever reason I settle on so it doesn't happen for what said reason is."

Nevermind how Hunters are predisposed to be monsters after they have context but have their own hangups.

Hunters are just not people predisposed to the big picture point of view or how that affects people on the street before rendering actually fair and proportionate action for/or against someone who is not human. Arguably they just can't be equipped to actually handle the issues without losing the humanity that keeps them a different shade of monster from the ones they hunt. Often as arguably, they could but won't because when did you last let go of trauma because another person had something going on? Hell, they often suck against people who are human.

Welcome to Hunter: the Vigil. You're not the good guys.

But you do have a lot of room to decide how, why, and what shade of not good guy you are.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Female pronouns, please.

Comment

I wish people writing passive-aggressive critiques of something would at least bother to understand it and not make patently false claims about it.

Comment

Aaand 24 hours for the Hunter 2e! I have never been this excited for a Kickstarter since Dark Eras, and really have never been so terrified for one. Will it do well? Will it be as amazing as I wish it to be? GIVE ME HUNTER AND TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY DAMNED IT

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post

I think the council of bones, and the compact I think is actually called S.W.O.R.N., are one of the core compacts and conspiracies, so the slasher ones are both entirely new if they really arent VASCU and the Hunt Club
            They could both be core and focused on Slashers, like how MalMal likes killing vampires or AKD really hated mages.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruger View Post

They could both be core and focused on Slashers, like how MalMal likes killing vampires or AKD really hated mages.
              yeah I know, I'm saying I just think those former 2 are the core ones, while the two new ones are either VASCU and Hunt Club, or completely brand new

Comment

Story Told podcast did interview of Monica Valentinelli, lead designer of Hunter: the Vigil 2E on this game edition - here it is.
                https://www.podbean.com/media/share/dir-7j7wv-7f4b824
                Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-06-2020, 03:55 AM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                LGBT+ through Ages
                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Story Told podcast did interview of Monica Valentinelli, lead designer of Hunter: the Vigil 2E on this game edition - here it is.
                  https://www.podbean.com/media/share/dir-7j7wv-7f4b824

More info on the interview - in it's own topic on forum - here - http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...a-valentinelli

From the interview with Monica:
                  1. She mentioned she did get problem with integrating her vision of HtV 2E with larger rulesets of CoD 2E gamelines - so she employed Daniel Lauzone to help her on the matter, as Daniel is experiences rules developer for whole CoD line. ( My suspicion: ) It's probably why we had one year silence on the HtV 2E front from devs.
                  2. Hunters should get a large powerboost from 1E, as monsters are more powerful.
                  3. Cancer Cells are much more prevailing as their is much more monsters now. Metaphor for hunters community is modern Internet and it's constant online arguing ( but agreeing on need of cats on GIFs ).
                  Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-06-2020, 12:32 PM.

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                  LGBT+ through Ages
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Forgive my ignorance, but what are cancer cells? I can't listen to the podcast at the moment, otherwise I assume that would have been answered.

Comment

From TV Tropes page on HtV:
                      Cancer cell - which, in the Van Helsing Hate Crimes terminology of Hunter, means a cell with a supernatural being having unofficial membership or at least a close friendship.

Cancer Cells are called by other cells when they are 'biased' by some monsters races, at least in other hunters opinions.
                      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-06-2020, 11:05 AM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Oh, that's interesting. Thank you for the reply!

Comment

The hunt has begun…
                          ( Kickstarter have started, 1st PDF preview is shared! )

LGBT+ through Ages
                          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Jemes Bell is pointing we will have Compacts & Conspiracies posts in coming weeks.

We’ll dig more into those topics over the next several Backers-Only updates, with regular Compact & Conspiracy posts.
                            • Feb 8 – Long Night & Ascending Ones
                            • Feb 10 – Loyalists of Thule & The Cheiron Group
                            • Feb 12 – Network Zero & Council of Bones
                            • Feb 14 – Null Mysteriis & The Lucifuge
                            • Feb 17 – SWORN & Malleus Malificarum
                            • Feb 19 – The Union & Task Force: VALKYRIE
                            • Feb 21 – Nine Stars & VASCU
                            Over the next 2 weeks, we’ll visit with each of the organizations detailed within this book. There’s a lot of content, but it’ll be coming in bite-sized sections. After we work through the Compacts & Conspiracies, we’ll dig into the rules, character creation, monsters, locations, Storyteller guidance, and outline a Chronicle for your game. By the end, we’ll have posted every word in the current manuscript – you’ll be able to read along and see exactly what this book contains and how it’s put together.
                            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-06-2020, 03:34 PM.

LGBT+ through Ages
                            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

*reads opening quote*
                              Oh yeah, we're not going to have any issues here.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                              The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                              Female pronouns, please.

Comment

Backed

Bear Lodge Represent

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to bring claws to a gun fight?

Comment

Working...
                                X