Hunter: the Vigil 2E Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    Yeah, while the exact wording of the stretch goals was ambiguous, the way they are presented (be it "new compacts baby!" or "more conspiracies and the endowments which come with them&quot strongly suggest that we are getting all new organizations- or updated ones. The AKD would probably be there, and I bet that the Knights of St George would also rear their head.
    Dont forget Utopia Now! So happy Horn has achieved such a milestone. If they do appear, I wonder if they will still be in denial that they use living things for their tech

Comment

• Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post

Dont forget Utopia Now! So happy Horn has achieved such a milestone. If they do appear, I wonder if they will still be in denial that they use living things for their tech
      If we were to assume that every organization which showed up in the core is going to be presented in the companion (which it is hard for me to believe, as I imagine writers would want to use it to add their own organizations to Hunter, especially with the STV allowing both them or other people to offer their own updates to old organizations), that would include the AKD, Knights of Saint George, Knights of Saint Adrian, Utopia Now, Los Angelitos, Ashwood Abbey, Faithful of Shulpae, Promethean Brotherhood, Hunt Club and Together Now. That's 10 out of 16, and in the case of conspiracies 5-6 out of 8 (depends of the Firestealers have already reached a conspiracy status or not). So yeah, as I guess that the writers want to bring whole new organizations, I won't hold my breath for all of those.

The AKD and the Abbey, of course, are VERY likely, and Utopia Now would be a very pleasant surprise, but I expect that at least half of those groups would be brand new.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

• Personally I’d rather see expansion of the stuff in the Hunter core + entirely new organizations over prioritizing revisiting orgs.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by LostLight View Post
          If we were to assume that every organization which showed up in the core is going to be presented in the companion (which it is hard for me to believe, as I imagine writers would want to use it to add their own organizations to Hunter, especially with the STV allowing both them or other people to offer their own updates to old organizations), that would include the AKD, Knights of Saint George, Knights of Saint Adrian, Utopia Now, Los Angelitos, Ashwood Abbey, Faithful of Shulpae, Promethean Brotherhood, Hunt Club and Together Now. That's 10 out of 16, and in the case of conspiracies 5-6 out of 8 (depends of the Firestealers have already reached a conspiracy status or not). So yeah, as I guess that the writers want to bring whole new organizations, I won't hold my breath for all of those.

The AKD and the Abbey, of course, are VERY likely, and Utopia Now would be a very pleasant surprise, but I expect that at least half of those groups would be brand new.
          Oh, i only think we may see Utopia now since it has fully ascended into becoming a conspiracy. I do find the Promethean Brotherhood extremely unlike, as much I would LOVE for them to come back (actually as a compact, since I found them very interesting like that, but I bet they could be a conspiracy by now)

While I wont be surprised seeing the AKD, I'll admit I'll be surprised to see Ashwood Abbey. I would dearly love that to be the case though. I always love the idea of Abbey Debauchery all the while with Bach's orchestral suite number 3 in D major in the background playing

Comment

• I can’t decide whether Ashwood and AKD in Tending would make sense or not. They may be in core in an abridged capacity but they are already in core.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sith_Happens View Post
              I can’t decide whether Ashwood and AKD in Tending would make sense or not. They may be in core in an abridged capacity but they are already in core.
              On the other hand, the abbey was done this way not only for the SWORN, but because of divisiveness. In a companion, they will not be affecting the playerbase (though, I think that will be taking the compacts and conspiracies depiction on them. A very good thing, but one could argue that would've done away with a divisive playerbase)

And the AKD does have endowments and a huge presence in the world. They may very well be the longest lived conspiracy. It only makes sense to see them
              Last edited by Primordial newcomer; 03-12-2020, 09:59 PM.

Comment

• Is it out yet?

Didn't anyone ever tell you not to bring claws to a gun fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by LeicsFox View Post
                  Is it out yet?
                  In Post-Editing Development and Art Direction at the time of this writing. Deviant's KS ended in mid-October and it's in the same phases of production, so I'm not sure why Hunter would be any different considering its KS ended barely two months ago.

Resident Lore-Hound
                  Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

• Originally posted by LeicsFox View Post
                    Is it out yet?
                    To put it a different way:

You'd know if it was out.

Comment

• I recently joined the forums, so what I say will probably be treading old ground but...

Can I just say how happy I am about the SWORN compact in the Kickstarter preview? I really like indigenous people getting representation in media, even if the TIPI faction seems like a bunch of assholes (though to be fair, the text does mention the other factions call them out on it).

I also find the renaming of some of the Slasher Undertakings pretty interesting, though I like the changes in general. Can't wait to see what the final product looks like!

Comment

Working...
                      X