Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunter: the Vigil 2E Kickstarter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    I'm really interested how Prelude for Tier-One hunters is different from CoD Rulebook game, on it's own? Preview 1 seems to imply there will be some differences - but I cannot think of any, as Prelude future hunters do not have Risking Willpower or The Code by setting logic, so...

    Second, you can play a prelude in Hunter as a tier-one hunter in a cell. Some rules adjustments may be required if you prefer to use this book instead of Chronicles of Darkness, so be sure to discuss options with your Storyteller before your chronicle begins.


    My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post

      Wait... so all Tier 1 cells are “cancer cells”?
      No, absolutely not. I will note that clarification in the text. Rogue cells can be formed after a hunter is kicked of a compact or conspiracy. The definition was broadened to be more inclusive of edge cases and not to diminish the original definition or be rude to tier one players.

      Comment


      • #78
        Having skimmed through the preview multiple times now, I've failed to find any explanation for what separates hunters from regular people aside from their occupation. What is it that bestows the hunter template on hunters?


        Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Tessie View Post
          Having skimmed through the preview multiple times now, I've failed to find any explanation for what separates hunters from regular people aside from their occupation. What is it that bestows the hunter template on hunters?
          Their commitment. Truly anyone can be a hunter, but what separates them from another person after their first encounter with the supernatural is their willingness to uphold the Vigil and make the sacrifices required. Once they do that, then they become a hunter.

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Tessie View Post
            Having skimmed through the preview multiple times now, I've failed to find any explanation for what separates hunters from regular people aside from their occupation. What is it that bestows the hunter template on hunters?
            The Code, which alters Integrity, and the ability to risk Willpower. It isn't in here because it's in Character Creation. The point is that it's not that extreme a shift. As it was in 1E.

            Also: Holy shit, the Slasher-hunting Compact are Chinese crime drama cops.

            This is fucking awesome.


            Comment


            • #81
              Wow, it basically already reached the goal

              Comment


              • #82
                Well, reading the part about the Abbey, I can see what really relegated them to the example. Not their habits, but the fact they are Scottish.

                Well, that and their habits too, but given how they're already drunkards and high, a certain caliber of player is going to try to make the ST's hair fall out, and use them to walk up to an abyssal cult demanding the return of their lawn gnomes.

                (Look up Old Man Henderson, if you don't get the reference.)
                Last edited by Leliel; 02-06-2020, 05:36 PM.


                Comment


                • #83
                  ... and it's funded! In 2,5 hours only!


                  My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                  LGBT+ through Ages
                  LGBT+ in CoD games

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by Acrozatarim View Post
                    As Monica said over on the KS comments: "Ashwood Abbey is presented in the Storyteller chapter to show how to make a compact. It is not one of the full splats."
                    I wrote it before reading the preview, and once I started I more or less lost contact with the world. It is really awesome!


                    My Homebrew Signature

                    "And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

                    I now blog in here

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Because of Kickstarter, I want to end - finally - my Supernatural TV series watching. I paused in half of Season 13 - so will probably got to the end of Season 15 by the end of HtV 2E Kickstarter in one month. #WinchestersChallange
                      Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-06-2020, 06:21 PM.


                      My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                      LGBT+ through Ages
                      LGBT+ in CoD games

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Leliel View Post
                        The Code, which alters Integrity, and the ability to risk Willpower. It isn't in here because it's in Character Creation. The point is that it's not that extreme a shift. As it was in 1E.
                        I know know the difference between hunters and regular people, just not why they are.

                        Originally posted by mlvalentine View Post
                        Their commitment. Truly anyone can be a hunter, but what separates them from another person after their first encounter with the supernatural is their willingness to uphold the Vigil and make the sacrifices required. Once they do that, then they become a hunter.
                        And determination alone grants the ability to risk Willpower and changes how their Integrity works? That's generally indicative of a significant metaphysical change in CofD. As in, their literal souls have changed in some way.


                        Bloodline: The Stygians
                        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          I see that 2E is making some cleanings and merging of Hunter Orgs - like all members are reassigned to Task Force: VALKYRIE now from Barrett Commission, Division Six and Merrick Institute, It has sense, as sometimes I thought some Conspiracies in 1E were made only to have the same trope with diffrent monster focus. Like here, 'vampires USA goverment group', 'mages USA goverment group' and 'beast USA goverment group' - in those examples.


                          My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                          LGBT+ through Ages
                          LGBT+ in CoD games

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Tessie View Post
                            And determination alone grants the ability to risk Willpower and changes how their Integrity works? That's generally indicative of a significant metaphysical change in CofD. As in, their literal souls have changed in some way.
                            Just as they were in first edition, hunters are regular people and are not supernatural. The rules are a mechanical expression of their commitment to the Vigil.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                              I see that 2E is making some cleanings and merging of Hunter Orgs - like all members are reassigned to Task Force: VALKYRIE now from Barrett Commission, Division Six and Merrick Institute, It has sense, as sometimes I thought some Conspiracies in 1E were made only to have the same trope with diffrent monster focus. Like here, 'vampires USA goverment group', 'mages USA goverment group' and 'beast USA goverment group' - in those examples.
                              While the Commission makes sense for the merge, and Division Six somewhat makes sense (as they were not, according to their writeup, actually a part of the US government, but instead dupes of the Seers of the Throne), the Merrick Institution were not a part of it at all- unless you talk about the original conspiracy which did the experiments on the children. The new Merrick, that is, the children themselves, have no ties to the government what so ever, and were actually hunting the branches of the original group- more of Deviant focused conspiracy than Beast, actually. So if it is the original conspiracy it makers sense, if it is the runaway children not so much.


                              My Homebrew Signature

                              "And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

                              I now blog in here

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                                I see that 2E is making some cleanings and merging of Hunter Orgs - like all members are reassigned to Task Force: VALKYRIE now from Barrett Commission, Division Six and Merrick Institute, It has sense, as sometimes I thought some Conspiracies in 1E were made only to have the same trope with diffrent monster focus. Like here, 'vampires USA goverment group', 'mages USA goverment group' and 'beast USA goverment group' - in those examples.
                                The Barrett Commission and Division Six were compacts and I imagine being absorbed into a conspiracy is a better end than most compacts get.

                                The Merrick Institute is an interesting one in this case; the actual Hunters were effectively Renegades who still fought the Beast they were created fight after breaking off from the amoral research group that created them. So if there was anything that was salvaged after the Inquiry, it WASN'T Hunter personal. Research scientists and techs, maybe but not the children turned psychonaunts. Those guys were probably the leek that got the Institute shut down.

                                Mind you if the US government had to shut down their shady astral research program for PR reasons, I think their other psychic program for Hunters (VASCU) might be a better fit for the scavenging rights. But that is outside the scope of this preview anyway.


                                Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X