[2E] Inferno demons in HtV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Inferno demons in HtV

So HtV 2E preview gives us Infernal Dread Power that marks that monster - or ephemeral being - is from Hell, like this one from 1E WoD: Inferno book. But preview version is... weird to Inferno's lore, to say the least. How would you fix it, to work much more appropriately to Hell's rules in it? For ease of discussion, I quote from preview.

Infernal
    The monster is an infernal demon from hell. This Dread Power must be taken on any infernal demon. Infernal creatures are immune to the effects of fire and can spend 1 Willpower and make an appropriate roll to inflict the Inferno Environmental Tilt in an area.

Special: All demons have a true name. If anyone knows and uses that true name, they gain a +2 bonus to all rolls against the demon. The demon has an additional ban that it must come when it hears its name called, though it does not have to reveal itself.

Making Inferno demons to generate only fire seems... not appropriate, in my taste. From what I understand WoD: Inferno, demons in it are about corruption in first place, not burning everything. Some maybe about both, but any ephemeral being can be about burning things...
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-28-2020, 12:57 PM.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Dataweaver has some good ideas from Kickstarter topic:
    Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Only in the sense that H2e's Ephemeral Entities come in two flavors: ghosts and not-ghosts. That is, it broadens “spirits” to mean “any Ephemeral Entities that aren't ghosts”.

For what it's worth, I'm not talking about having H2e reproduce everything about WoDI's demons; I agree that the full treatment of them should be its own book, what with the business of Testaments and True Names and the taxonomy of Whisperers, Diaboli (Deceptors, Immundi, and Larvals), Dominions, Malus Loci, and Archdemons, and Infernal Pacts and the Possessed, etc.

For H2e, all I'm looking for would be an extension of the Ephemeral Beings section to include the bulk of the Principalities and Powers section of WoDI, beginning in p.47 and ending on p.54. It pretty much has most of it already; the needed additions would boil down to adding demons as a third type of Ephemeral Entity, and differentiating them from ghosts and spirits through a 2e adaptation of Malapraxis and Infernal Influence (the former let's them regain Essence and Willpower from the actions of nearby humans, and the latter is basically a summary of what constitutes the demonic equivalent to the Anchor/Resonance Condition) — and possibly adding 2e versions of some of the Universal Abilities of the Inferno's demons (Aura of Corruption, The Dragon's Tongue, Soul of Sin, Lord of Lies, and Keeper of Secrets).

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Like, you could just replace the description of it with that of Damnation, with perhaps keeping the true name concept. That should be enough, IMO.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Damnation Dread Power, for ease of discussion...

Damnation
        A monster with this Dread Power taps into a character’s Vice and forces them to take quick action to fulfill their darkest desires. The roll is contested, and the character does not regain Willpower should they fall prey to this power.
        Special: If Damnation is used during combat, it inflicts the Stunned Tilt. Following a success, the character then suffers −2 to any action that does not indulge their Vice.

So the LostLight idea would sum up as...

Infernal ( revised )
        The monster is an infernal demon from hell. This Dread Power taps into a character’s Vice and forces them to take quick action to fulfill their darkest desires. The roll is contested, and the character does not regain Willpower should they fall prey to this power.
        Special: All demons have a true name. If anyone knows and uses that true name, they gain a +2 bonus to all rolls against the demon. The demon has an additional ban that it must come when it hears its name called, though it does not have to reveal itself.
        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 02-28-2020, 01:14 PM.

LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Something that get to me - Are Inferno demons in HtV 2E physical or ephemeral? Cause in WODI they where ephemera, but in HtV 2E they are made with Dread Powers, and those are for physical monsters...

LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

These are infernals from a fire and brimstone hell. They exist for hunter like the Lucafuge and Malius Malificarem. While they are not god machine demons I don't think they are supposed to actually be referencing the inferno book.

Comment

Malapraxis and Infernal Influence
              These are both already covered by how broad Resonance and Influence are.

Comment

Working...
              X