General Hunter Groups, fan-made/homebrew ideas & speculation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Hunter Groups, fan-made/homebrew ideas & speculation

I'm pretty confident that a thread on this subject has been done before. I found at least one a while ago. However, I have never been able to find it since, which is really disappointing because I remember it had some great ideas on it. No recollection as to what those ideas were, but they were great ones. So I'm going to start a new thread on the topic. If that old thread gets found, please merge this one with that.
    Just gonna establish what the different kinds of groups there are in Hunter culture.

Cells: Hunter tier 1.
    Compacts: Hunter tier 2.
    Conspiracies: Hunter tier 3.
    Confederacies: Hunter tier 4.
    Conventions: not entirely sure what these are but they appear to be an odd mix between the Compacts of tier 2 & the Conspiracies of tier 3.
    Last edited by Krat05; 04-09-2020, 06:13 AM.

A Japanese compact/conspiracy born out of the JSDF. Might be in the process of schisming on the subject of how to interact with Radiant Nobles.

Comment

The Abyssal Guard
      Compact based around combating the Abyss. Have some method to identify Abyssal stuff.
      Unknown how much information about the Abyss they have & how accurate it is.

Comment

House of Candles
        Born in a small town in Mexico. Believe in God the Nomadic Divinity as opposed to God the Creator. Wield an Endowment called the Light (?) which is primarily a spiritual tool. Arguably Christian.
        Divided into three factions: the Healers; the Investigators; & the Soldiers.

Comment

Inspired Conspiracy
          The name comes from the fact that they oppose the Inspired, the protagonists of the fan-made gameline Genius: The Transgression.
          The reason for the opposition is because the Inspired are not real scientist, & thus their existence is inherently offensive (at least to the Conspiracy).

Origin: Age of Enlightenment
          Joining: possible/potential members must show sufficient understanding of an Academic subject.

Endowment: Techne
          As they are opposed to the Inspired, their Endowment is built to work in that conflict & has two functions.
          One, it provides resistance to becoming a Beholden or Inspired.
          Two, it can affect Wonders, causing their potential to fall to Havoc to increase, decrease, or control how it falls.

Comment

Krato, if you're going to start a thread, isnt it best you edit your first post rather than just making new posts?

Comment

The Wielders of the Manifested Keys
              Cannot become possessed by a Geist & become one of the Bound, but can use the Manifestations & Keys that the Bound do.
              Each combination of Manifestation & Key must be bought separately & acts as a 1-5 dot power depending on how it's treated in Geist: The Sin-Eaters.

Comment

So about that other thread covering Hunter Compacts & Conspiracies, I remembered one of the groups.
                Taking into account that it was a long time ago (& thus might be rife with misremembering stuff) & building on that a bit, here's what I have on the group:

The Sect of the Returning Light
                This is a compact or conspiracy of demon-blooded.
                They are a splinter faction of the Lucifuge, most likely deriving from the philosophical faction, Reconciliation. They take the core concept behind this philosophy (that the Devil is bound to evil because of how much darkness is in the world, & that must free him) & apply it to the entirety of demonkind (that's ephemeral demons, they're not sure what the other ones are).
                Their Endowment allows them to summon forth minor Inferno demons to serve them.
                The Lady of Milan has declared them to be heretical.
                They have less power & coordination than the Lucifuge. Whereas the Lucifuge has merely 666 members, the Sect of the Returning Light has potentially thousands, however they are in many little factions each of which has less members than the Lucifuge as a whole.

There is another group from the mystery thread that I remember, but that has been posted on multiple, findable places so I don't feel the need to rehash what I know of that one.
                For those who want to go looking for it, it is a magical girl conspiracy (unconnected to Princess: The Hopeful) that draws its power from Arcadia/the Hedge.
                Last edited by Krat05; 04-11-2020, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                  Krato, if you're going to start a thread, isnt it best you edit your first post rather than just making new posts?
                  Possibly, but this strategy/layout/etc. feels comfortable to me & that seems more important than what is easy or best.

Comment

Originally posted by Krat05 View Post

Possibly, but this strategy/layout/etc. feels comfortable to me & that seems more important than what is easy or best.
                    Well ok. My bad, I thought the mods dont appreciate multiple posts in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post

Well ok. My bad, I thought the mods dont appreciate multiple posts in a row.
                      Particularly not when the vast majority of the posts you've made in the last week have been batches of three or more posts made in the same threads within ten minutes of each other.

Resident Lore-Hound
                      Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

I've been coming up with Chronicles of Darkness material for a few years (& have lost some of that material).
                        It was only when I got stuck inside because of coronavirus, with far less things to occupy my days that I decided to try & make an account with this website.
                        So, yeah, that's partly why I'm posting the way I am.

Comment

Above I mentioned a conspiracy of magical girls powered by faeries. I've found the name of it.
                          Pretty Guardian Faerie Knights
                          Because it's really good &, while I'm not going to posting it on this thread for reasons I've already mentioned, I'd like to help anyone wanting to track it done if they want to.
                          There's a pdf of it & it's also on the Tumblr channel (don't know if that's the right word for it) of the person who (I think) made it.

Comment

If you want to divide different points/subtopics you could increase the size of the font (default is 13 pts) and/or bold them. Either through the advanced editor (one of the buttons to the right just above the text field), manually inputting BBCode, or just the regular ctrl+b/i/u shortcuts.
                            For example:

The Abyssal Guard
                            Lorem ipsum
                            Ipsem lorum

House of Candles
                            Lorem ipsum
                            Ipsem lorum

But for posts with enough time apart (such as your two latest in this thread) there should be no problem posting a new one as long as it contributes to the topic (and it's not like five in a row). I'm pretty sure edited posts don't update subscriptions so otherwise people who had read the first post would miss the second post if it was just added through editing.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

A Japanese compact/conspiracy born out of the JSDF. Might be in the process of schisming on the subject of how to interact with Radiant Nobles.
                              I've come up with some ideas for factions for this compact/conspiracy.

Faction#1: focused on Nobles & the Light.
                              Faction#2: focused on the Darkness & its servants.
                              Faction#3: focused on other stuff.

The reasoning I used for the different factions is that Japan seems to be like the capital of Magical Girl media, & with that in mind they felt like should have a local organization of hunters with a focus on the Nobles.
                              Also, I remember reading somewhere that the JSDF is not allowed to operate outside of Japan. Now I don't know if that's accurate (I might be misremembering it or something), but taking that I've decided to say that this compact/conspiracy does not operate outside of Japan for similar reasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X