Dark Eras: Igniting the Fire [STV]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Eras: Igniting the Fire [STV]

Random Person: "Hey, LostLight, you wrote, like, way too much homebrew content for Hunter. Why don't you make some for the Storyteller's Vault?"

Me: ".... WE WERE ON A BREAK!"

... ahem

So here is the thing- I like Dark Eras, I like Hunter, and I personally feel that Hunter needs a lot more love in that series. One of the ideas which I played around with since, like, forever, was making a Sundered World expansion for Hunter. It was actually suppossed to be my first STV title, but then my sister and I got to some "artistic differences", and the project got stuck together with my sister's creativity block. However, I have eventually managed to convince her, and so I have gathered all of my notes and finally made this new product. Hope you will like it!

You can find it in here
    The world has never been as dark as it was in its earliest days.
    The Forest. The Mountain. The Sea. The Winter. The Night. The Dead. The Living. The Others. Everything was a threat. Everything was an enemy. Everything was a danger. And then, the Wise came, turning the people to the People. However, the Wise are so few, and they are blinded by their power- and the darkness is so, so deep. The People must fight. The People must protect. Be them farmers and traders, potters and hunters and priests, each has their own role to fulfil, and to keep the People alive for one more night.
    The world may be at its darkest- but the fire has never shined as bright as then.
    Discovering the Fire is a Sundered World expansion, meant to give the tools to run and play a Hunter Chronicle during the Neolithic. This books includes:
    • The many threats and enemies against the People must fight in order to survive, be them the hungry dead, the disastrous Wild Hunt or the murderous Others.
    • Special roles for the People who uphold the Vigil, be them the emissaries of the Healers from the Forest, the outcast Grave-Stricken who speak for the dead or the barbarian communities who were Banished from the People.
    • Two conspiracies which may have existed among the People- the Hunter Wolf Cult and the Guardians of the Flame.
    • A new template to be used for both protagonists and antagonists, either for modern or Neolithic times- the Rmoahals
    • New Endowments, the future which waits for those first carriers of the Vigil, and more

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Love your fan materials - will surely buy it if preparing Sundered World game!

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Would you like us to report errata, or just leave it?

Comment

Imma buy this!

Sorry you guys are fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
          Would you like us to report errata, or just leave it?
          It is a paid product, so it is my responsibility to make sure it is as high quality as possible- so please do. Not sure if in this threa (if you could PM it to me it could be nice, but whatever you feel more comfortable)

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
            Imma buy this!

Sorry you guys are fighting.
            Oh, we are not fighting (at least, not any more than the usual. We are siblings, after all). It was just a part of the usual "I asked you to do one thing!" vs "I have creativity block!" kind of argument we have from time to time :P

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
              Love your fan materials - will surely buy it if preparing Sundered World game!
              While not directly trying to push you into buying the product, I just wish to clarify to all that while the product is made for the Neolithics (of course), some of the plot hooks, not to mention the rmoahals (which have variant rules to be used with Mage's rules) could be useful for a modern Chronicle (at least, that was my intention)

I now blog in here

Comment

I loved this book!! You and your sister are really good writers. I especially liked the Others and the Healers.

I loved the Rmoahals too. Do you think there’s a connection between the Rmoahals, the Atlanteans from M:tAw and the Lemurians from Genius: the Transgression?

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                  I loved this book!! You and your sister are really good writers. I especially liked the Others and the Healers.

I loved the Rmoahals too. Do you think there’s a connection between the Rmoahals, the Atlanteans from M:tAw and the Lemurians from Genius: the Transgression?
                  Thank you- just to clarify, I am the writer, while my sister is the artist. She made the cover art, as well as the art in the book. I really like how she protrayed one of the Nine Daughters in her lessons under Winter Wolf.

I am glad you liked the Others and the Healers (my sister was personally very angry at me for not warning her that the Healers were a bit.. graphic, but it felt appropriate for the primal form of Cheiron to be very brutal). As for the Rmoahals (which is the name the Loyalists of Thule give to those beings, as per Witchfinders and Compacts & Conspiracies), the Giants represent a different version of humanity- so they come from "an Atlantis" as much as any other civilization which came from a time which never was. They also have strong connection with the Pangaeans of Mountain and Winter, but the Wise (not to mention modern humanity) don't know much about the exact connection between them. So in short, the Giants are atlantean, representing a version of the World Before, and like every Atlantis, that one also came crushing upon the world as the Exarchs broke the world.

I now blog in here

Comment

Also, if you can, please review and rate the product. If I'll see that it is very successful, I may add some durther expansion for both the Enemy section and new Roles to represent other "proto compacts/ conspiracies"

I now blog in here

Comment

Wow!!! That’s awesome, especially the part about the Rmoahals.

Nine Daughters? Who is the Ninth Firstborn?

And okay. I will.

Comment

On the subject of the Firstborn- there are a number of options. After all, Sundered World has presented the idea that Father Wolf had many children, only few of which have survived to modern Era. While I think that one of my Nibiru writeups have detailed which Firstborn I had in mind while writing the piece, I have deliberately left it open in the final product to let individual Storytellers the freedom to decide. If you prefer to try and guess them by yourself, the lessens that those Firstborn taught to the Daughters are the best hint you have in the book.

I now blog in here

Comment

Thanks. I forgot the part in Sundered World about Father Wolf having more than eight children.

Comment

So as it seems, Igniting the Fire takes part in the Christmas in July sales, giving 25% off- so get it while it is on discount!

On another note, following a review I got on the product, I am currently working on adding a bit more mechanics to the product in the form of new Endowments, which would probably also make it more useful for none Neolithic chronicles. I can't promise when it will be availble, but I am working on it.

I now blog in here

Comment

I hope we can see an update for 2nd edition Hunter later.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Working...
                              X