No announcement yet.

Potential For Greatness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See I don't think the App thing fits the Union at all. The Union are all working class types of people who usually tend to skew older, and yes they do use some technology its mostly used in the way of chat rooms and forums. I think if you wanted to the app thing they should Ashwood Abby lite. A group of younger people, instagram influences, adrenaline junkies, and fame chasers. People who are not really in it to protect other people but because this is the new hot thing or they are bored and got invited to this app.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
      See I don't think the App thing fits the Union at all. The Union are all working class types of people who usually tend to skew older, and yes they do use some technology its mostly used in the way of chat rooms and forums. I think if you wanted to the app thing they should Ashwood Abby lite. A group of younger people, instagram influences, adrenaline junkies, and fame chasers. People who are not really in it to protect other people but because this is the new hot thing or they are bored and got invited to this app.
      Personally agree here. Most of the Union doesnt even want to actively hunt monsters anyway. Just defend their turf. I still like the idea of it, just not sure if it really works for the union as much as a proxy thing (Abbey playing an ARG) or an alliance thing (Network 0 establishing the app for the General Strike)

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post

Personally agree here. Most of the Union doesnt even want to actively hunt monsters anyway. Just defend their turf. I still like the idea of it, just not sure if it really works for the union as much as a proxy thing (Abbey playing an ARG) or an alliance thing (Network 0 establishing the app for the General Strike)
        I would let it be its own thing. like a mix between the Abby and the Network. I just wouldn't make it tier 3. tier 1s starting to form a tier 2 or something like that. Maybe make a link how the people who made the App are like abby and network 0 people working together, but I just don't see it working as a Union thing.

Comment

On the subject of the "app conspiracy"- as I mentioned it earlier, it is based around things like the Dollars from Durarara! or the CROWDS from Gatchaman- that is, we are talking about a social netwrok that allows people to work together in order to achieve greater things, or allow every person to become a hero. So it is less about the modern "internet junky" concept and more about how to allow every person in the world to become a hunter and contribute to the Vigil. It is a very different concept than your suggestion, and it is one that I personally really like. The Abbey is very unlikely to use such an infrastructure anyway, IMO, as the idea of the "Vigil as excusive" and that something that rich people can allow themselves to do in style does not work with the whole "the Vigil is for everyone" kind of concept which such an app may introduce.

Not that I'm saying you can't have a conspiracy based around that idea- but if I were to do it, I would use it for a cabal which use such internet games in order to push people into killing themselves... you know, like how it happens in real life, unfortunatly.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
            On the subject of the "app conspiracy"- as I mentioned it earlier, it is based around things like the Dollars from Durarara! or the CROWDS from Gatchaman- that is, we are talking about a social netwrok that allows people to work together in order to achieve greater things, or allow every person to become a hero. So it is less about the modern "internet junky" concept and more about how to allow every person in the world to become a hunter and contribute to the Vigil. It is a very different concept than your suggestion, and it is one that I personally really like. The Abbey is very unlikely to use such an infrastructure anyway, IMO, as the idea of the "Vigil as excusive" and that something that rich people can allow themselves to do in style does not work with the whole "the Vigil is for everyone" kind of concept which such an app may introduce.

Not that I'm saying you can't have a conspiracy based around that idea- but if I were to do it, I would use it for a cabal which use such internet games in order to push people into killing themselves... you know, like how it happens in real life, unfortunatly.
            oh ok I'm very sorry i had such a huge misunderstanding of it lol. You make very good points with the Abbey too. I guess that then makes my issue "what would make them a true conspiracy?"

To me, it seems like just about anyone could take advantage of the app. Would there be anything that would encourage exclusively being a user of the app (or at least discouraging participation in another compact/conspiracy)? I could see just about every hunter group taking advantage of what it does without actually being "part" of that conspiracy.

And how would it avoid hacking by monsters? Network 0, the forums of the Union, and such have that issue. Imagine how bad it would be if monsters just hacked and gave false information through the app

To be clear, I'm not downplaying the idea. It's really interesting! I would just like to know how it would specifically work and how it would encourage compacts like the Union to be absorbed into it rather than have it as another tool (because I could easily see the General Strike utilizing it in such a way)

Comment

I don't think I said anything about only rich people are allowed to do the Vigil. I also don't think your idea is really conspiracy worthy. I men how would the endowments work? and once again Union members tend to be older and less likely to be into the whole app culture in general.

Plus there is a way for everyone to be a hero. Its just called taking up the vigil.
              Your idea might make for a good campaign hook but I don't really see how it would work as a conspiracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmi05 View Post
                I don't think I said anything about only rich people are allowed to do the Vigil. I also don't think your idea is really conspiracy worthy. I men how would the endowments work? and once again Union members tend to be older and less likely to be into the whole app culture in general.

Plus there is a way for everyone to be a hero. Its just called taking up the vigil.
                Your idea might make for a good campaign hook but I don't really see how it would work as a conspiracy.
                Again, I can refer to the Dollars and the CROWDS- especially the later if you are interested in the Endowment manifestation part, and why I said that Network Zero should take part in the conspiracy, serving as the "core' around which the "users' gather. If you are not familar with it, in short those are social networks meant to turn the "masses" into a force, and in the case of the CROWDS their manifest their alter ego as a tool to fight monsters/ save people. There are also aliens involved.

Like, you are free to disagree, of course- but it is not like I invented that idea. I simply stole it and imported it to Hunter- you have some unknown mastermind which sends a certain app to people all across the country while coordianting them to do all kinds of things- could be for good, could be for bad. I am sure that there are a number of other media which use the same basic idea of "connecting people through the internet in order to become heroes/ villains", so again, it is not like that idea is original.

I now blog in here

Comment

I guess the questions are A) would younger kids from working class backgrounds be likely to use the app? (maybe) and how would you keep the app exclusive? (not sure)

Sorry. That wasn’t very helpful lol. But at least you can consider those issues when you’re figuring out how an app like that would work in your chronicle. That being said, I still think the Union works better overall as a compact than a conspiracy (I feel the same way about the Ashwood Abbey). Hope this helps a little.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

So, just to let everyone know what I more or less have in mind, here are the links for the Dollars and the CROWDS (beware of spoilers for Durarara! and Gatchaman CROWDS)

Again, you may disagree with the idea, but it is much better to send the links and let you read the source material than me just repeating "it is like that the Dollars and the CROWDS" a thousand more times. The CROWDS is the more "secure" network, while the Dollars basically lets anyone to use it, knowing it will be abused, but if someone would want to make it into a conspiracy they could use the tools presented here. If not, no one is forcing you. If you are interested in one example version for a potential Endowment and a short writeup of that conspiracy, it is in my homebrew sig, even ifit probably needs revision. At any case, I think it is better to start a new thread about the subject instead of derailling this one.

I now blog in here

Comment

Again, I can refer to the Dollars and the CROWDS- especially the later if you are interested in the Endowment manifestation part, and why I said that Network Zero should take part in the conspiracy, serving as the "core' around which the "users' gather. If you are not familar with it, in short those are social networks meant to turn the "masses" into a force, and in the case of the CROWDS their manifest their alter ego as a tool to fight monsters/ save people. There are also aliens involved.

Like, you are free to disagree, of course- but it is not like I invented that idea. I simply stole it and imported it to Hunter- you have some unknown mastermind which sends a certain app to people all across the country while coordianting them to do all kinds of things- could be for good, could be for bad. I am sure that there are a number of other media which use the same basic idea of "connecting people through the internet in order to become heroes/ villains", so again, it is not like that idea is original.
                      I just think you are taking a leap of logic for working class people who's main concern is to defend there neighborhood and use the internet to really just share information and thats really all the global outreach they got to Magic cell phone app that can manifest a alter ego to fight.

I guess Network zero would work but really their goals is more to expose the supernatural to the world and not fight it to the death. It just seems like a square hole round peg type of situation. I think if you really wanted it to be a conspriacy it would have to be its own thing not really connected to anything before that.

Comment

Like I said, I disagree with you, and it is ok. No need to keep beating that horse.

(also, it should be noted that the Union got 2/5 in my estimation- which in other words means that their potential to become a conspiracy is very, very low, so it is not like I even claim it is a likely possibility in the first place)
                        Last edited by LostLight; 08-24-2020, 06:35 AM.

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
                        X