Colonial Period HtV Character Creation and Endowments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colonial Period HtV Character Creation and Endowments

I would like to run a HtV 2e chronicle set during the colonial period (1745) in America based on the Salem chapter in Dark Eras.

How would you change the skills? Computer Use, etc.
    Is there a list of period equipment? I found a post about firearms.
    Several of the conspiracies mentioned in it looked like they were just made up for the chapter, but they don't have endowments. What would I use as endowments.

Also, any other ideas you can think of. Thanks.

Originally posted by Archivist View Post
    How would you change the skills? Computer Use, etc.
    I'd just do as suggested in the Introduction to Dark Eras: substitute Ride for Drive and Enigmas for Computer. Enigmas as written in Dark Eras is a good Skill, though with a misleading name; it governs complicated systems, codes, ciphers and cryptography, making it useful for spycraft and mysteries.

Originally posted by Archivist View Post
    Several of the conspiracies mentioned in it looked like they were just made up for the chapter, but they don't have endowments. What would I use as endowments.
    I don't see any new conspiracies in Doubting Souls except for the Acheron Trade and Shipping Guild. That one is clearly identified as just an earlier precursor to the Cheiron Group, so for them you could simply reskin Thaumatechnology Endowments to better resemble less modern practices and surgeries. The other named groups are either compacts, which lack Endowments, or conspiracies referenced from First Edition Hunter supplements.
    If you want to look up the Cainite Heresy and their Rites of Denial, they're found in Night Stalkers.
    If you want to look up the Knights of Saint George and their Goetic Gospels, they're found in Witch Finders.

Docendo Decimus is provided without benefits for their compact Status, but you can easily substitute the Status benefits for Null Mysteriis.

Comment

Thanks. I have Witch Finders1

Comment

I wrote a version of the Silent Imperative as a semi Compact to be used in this Era, and while I have had some ideas for the Divine Artificer I've never ended up writing them (I only have the concept of people who mess up with God Machine Infrastructures and things like that). I know that a number of people had concepts for a local native american conspiracy (one which is probably dying due to colonialism), but I don't think that anyone actually wrote a version of those. You could, of course, use a variant of the Rites du Cheval and the Les Mysteres in order to represent such a group if you'll like. Overall, I do not recall any other prominent fan made material for this Era, even if it is a cool one.

I have also wrote a potential version of Endowment for the Scarlet Watch (and actually to all of the compacts in the Era), but I must admit that the Watch's felt a buit messy, and I plan to update it.
        Last edited by LostLight; 11-09-2020, 07:09 PM.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

For the equipment, you could try dark eras or armory however you can also realize that older weapons are more available in this time. Breastplates and hauberks can still be found. Along with pikes, halberds and swords.

Comment

Working...
          X