Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slashers how to manufactur blackout or radio silence.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slashers how to manufactur blackout or radio silence.

a cliche in a lot of movies like friday the 13th, is the manufacture blackout.

Any ideas how to that in game mechanics?

Have the slasher cut the power lines. Or give them the supernatural/cyberkinetic ability to block electrical transmissions and prevent technology from working. Beyond that I have no clue lol.

Comment

Yeah, sometimes there's no need for a complicated solution- the slasher simply messing up manually with the power supply or similar infrastructure is easy enough to do and allows them to ambush those characters who seek to fix the issue. Unless the plot and themes of the slasher revolves around tech going wrong, there is no need to invest Dread Powers in such instances.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
        Yeah, sometimes there's no need for a complicated solution- the slasher simply messing up manually with the power supply or similar infrastructure is easy enough to do and allows them to ambush those characters who seek to fix the issue. Unless the plot and themes of the slasher revolves around tech going wrong, there is no need to invest Dread Powers in such instances.
        Makes sense.

Comment

Ideas on dice rolls that would be involved?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
            Ideas on dice rolls that would be involved?
            Intelligence + Crafts for tampering directly. Maybe just an attack roll against the object (I can't remember the exact rules).

Keeping in mind that if it's just a background element, I'd just let them do it with no roll.

Comment

can a brute or mask be technically savvy?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince of the Night View Post
                can a brute or mask be technically savvy?
                I don’t see why not. They’re rendered incommunicado, not sapped of intelligence. (Well, not always.)

MtAw Homebrew:
                Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
                New 2E Legacies, expanded

Comment

A Brute could be. A Mask is harder to justify.

Kelly R.S. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                  The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                  Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Doesn't even require much of a skill roll. Any idiot who knows where the circuit breaker is could shut off power.

Comment

Working...
                    X