No announcement yet.

Conspiracy: Raziel Ltd (WIP)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And for the weekly Endowment- the Mind Stabilizer!

Mind Stabilizer (0-00000)

Serial Number- 14.23.1

The agents of Rakia need to stand against many horrors of the night. And in the darkness, many mind breaking terrors hide- the rituals of Satanist vampires, man eating shape shifters and mad cultists which worship things which should not be are among the least fearful enemies of Raziel. And if it is not enough, the Agents need from time to time do things which could potentially harm their sanity- torturing their enemies for information, kidnapping people who carry Empyrean Phenomena inside of them and even killing other people, either because they turned to slashers or they belong to Cheiron. Even when they fight monsters they could suffer from an emotional trauma- a werewolf may look scary while transformed, but a moment after his death it turn back to human and you are left with the body of a dead person- no more than 20 years old!- in your hands. Witches could do great and terrifying things with their magic, but they are still human in their body and heart. You may know that the creature you are going to stab in the heart is an undead abomination, but when she cries tears of blood that knowledge isn't really helpful. Thankfully, Sukenik had thought about a solution- the Mind Stabilizer. Thanks to that small, metal box, the agents of Rakia can fight against the enemies of humanity- even if that makes them less human. After all, leaving your emotions behind and doing only your mission makes you look like an.. angel.

Function: the Mind Stabilizer is different from most of the other Theo Tech, for it doesn't have a permanent rating. Instead, it is treated as a 1 dot TT for gaining access to use it. However, the agent could invest as many as Willpower dots to it while tuning as they wish- from 1 to 5. As long as the agent is tuned to the TT, he can add the number of Willpower dots which were invested in it as dices to any Integrity roll he needs to role because for experiencing a breaking point. That boost in mental stability has proven itself as life savior for the agents of Rakia more than once.
    Last edited by LostLight; 08-29-2017, 02:37 PM.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
    I now blog in here

Comment

Gloves of War (00)

serial number- 14.144.1

Those pair of dark gloves are made from the same material as the rest of the Theo-Tech, but instead of being hard they are elastic, and always fit their agent. While they are not among the most efficient weapons of Project Rakia, they are helpful in case one is forced to fight bare handed in a close fight. Plus, they also grant the element of surprise- for who will suspect that those soft gloves could turn into sharp claws once tuned? Also, their ability to reach into the Twilight is nice.

Function: After tuning to the Gloves, the TT changes its form, hardening and creating synthetic claws and the edge of the fingers. That allows the agent to deal Lethal damage instead of Bashing while attacking bare handed. The character can also attack beings in the Twilight, dealing Bashing damage.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

I now blog in here

Comment

Force Scanner(0)

serial number- 11.1.5

One of Raziel Ltd's missions is to find Empyrean Phenomenon- but that mission is easier said than done. After all, Empyrean Phenomena could manifested as almost anything- angels, demons, people, items, animals, plants.. Even abstract things like an organization or poetry could be sometimes discovered to be connected to the divine. Hunting those things down could be almost an impossible task, for even if Raziel would recruit only those with supernatural sensitivity to those phenomena to Project Rakia, their own very weapons would interfere with those senses- as the TTs by themselves are Empyrean Phenomena. Because of that, Raziel creates a very simple TT is order to help its agents to track down and recover the Empyrean Phenomena, while "cleaning off" the aura of the Theo Tech from its search field.

Function: That simple TT which looks like a small beeper allows the agent to feel any Empyrean Phenomena in a radius of 10 meters of the hunter. Once tuned, the TT will react automatically to any empyrean phenomenon which could be found in the range, except of other TTs and other technologies made by Raziel. An agent could also add other targets to the Scanner so they won't alert it, but it requires the hunter to invest another Willpower dot, so if the agent is, for example, working with an agent of the Lucifuge or the Malleus Maleficarum the device won't get out of control. The Scanner alerts the agent to the presence of any Empyrean Phenomena by beeping and lighting a blue light. The Scanner won't show how near is the hunter to the target, but will beep faster as its user will get closer- a beep any 30 seconds means the target is in 10-6 meters near the hunter. A beep any 10 seconds means that the target is in 5-1 meters from the hunter. A beep every second means the target is in less than 1 meter from the hunter.

Some wonder that if the ability of Raziel to find Empyrean Phenomena is limited to such a device, then how can the company send its agents to missions. Because of that, some speculate that there are other, more advance version of this TT which could scan whole countries- maybe even the whole world- and show exactly where the target is found. If such devices do exist, there is no proof for their existence.
        Last edited by LostLight; 08-29-2017, 02:42 PM.

I now blog in here

Comment

Triple Protector (0000)

serial number- 1.3.24

The agents of Rakia can't be anywhere. Yet, sometimes, they need to be in one place in a time to achieve their goal. While the technologies of Raziel offer many kinds of functions and support to the field agents, being in two places in the same time is still not one of them. However, it doesn't mean that the agents of Raziel aren't creative enough to find solutions for that problem- and one of the most powerful powers which are at the hands of the agents is the Triple Protector, a device which isn't simply an alarm system, but also a weapon against those who wish to defy the will of the agent and harm those he holds dear.

Function: Unlike most TTs, the Protector is made out of 3 different parts- two items which looks like small, abstract winged humanoids from dark blue material and a short stick from the same material, each carries the company's logo and the same serial number. While technically the hunter tunes to different objects, they are all considered as the same Theo Tech mechanically. After tuning to the Protector, the hunter choose a target he wish to protect and puts one of the figures from its right and the other on it left, and the figures are attached to the target immediately thanks to some electromagnetic force. During that time, the hunter choose a list of people which are not authorized to touch or harm the target. The list could be detailed by individuals ("I don't allow Merlin Monro to touch that tree!"), by social groups ("No one with American citizenship"), by all races and types of beings ("I forbid creatures which track their origin to the Abyss") or even built on negativity ("anyone who isn't me"). No one but the agent which tuned to the TT can remove the figures from the target, which could be a person, an object or even a place.

If someone unauthorized touches the target or anyone (including authorized people) tries to harm the target, that person will trigger the Protector, sending a shock of blue energy- which will be presented as 1 level of bashing damage per 10 seconds of touch or for each Health level which was harmed. During that time, the stick starts glowing, alarming the agent that the target is in trouble- and shows on a small screen where is the target thanks to an advanced GPS system. As long as the agent keeps tuning to the TT and the one which harmed/ touched the target still suffer from the damage, the agent can push on a button in order to create an sword shaped energy, which is used as a weapon. The sword ignores defense and deal Lethal damage, unless it is used against those which have been damaged by the Protector's initial defense mechanism. Against those targets, the sword deal Aggravated damage.

If, for some reason, the target will killed/ destroyed while guarded by the Protector, the hunter can't "un tune" the TT until he finds the one responsible for the act and kill it. If the attacker still suffer from the damage done by the Protector, it could be found by the screen. If not, the agent would have to find another way to track it down- although the stick will still start to glow next to it. The sword could be used freely by the hunter during that time, but he won't be able to choose a new target to protect until he'll find the killer/ the one who destroyed the protected item.
          Last edited by LostLight; 08-29-2017, 02:46 PM.

I now blog in here

Comment

So yesterday I've forgot to add a new apocalypse and I've decided to finish Raziel up, so here are the last 3 Endowments

Lightning Mace (00-000)

serial number- 10.27.1

Sometimes, the agent of Rakia needs to deal with things which are too hard to harm- either because of an armor or simply having an exoskeleton instead of a skin. Against those targets most weapons are futile- but not the Lightning Mace. That weapon generates electricity and zap the enemy with a single touch, although some agents use it as a long range weapon. The Mace is extremely useful against many targets- but there are targets which seem to be more vulnerable than the most. While the agents aren't sure why, it seems that most of those targets share a common feature- they all have aquatic origin.

Function: The Mace is considered to be a 2 dot Theo-Tech. Once tuned, the weapon will generate electricity, and will deal an electricity based damage to any target it touch except of the agent. That damage is considered Lethal damage. In an addition, the agent can tune another Willpower dot in order to use it as ranged weapon, sending electric arcs which will hit the target. That requires the regular ranged attack roll. The range is of 2 meters. Finally, if the Mace is used against an aquatic or an amphibian creature, or that the target is symbolically connected to the sea/ water (like the claimed of sea spirits), the electricity damage dealt by the Mace is turned Aggravated.

Spirit Banisher (0-00000)

serial number- 1.6.3

Not everything in the world could be physically harmed. Some things- like spirits, ghosts and other such things- are immune to most mundane weapons. If it's not bad enough, those beings can also sometimes possess the livings and move them like puppets. During such times, most people must relay on old ceremonies, their own faith and will and hope that their loved one won't be harmed from the process. The agents of Rakia, however, have another resource- the Spirit Banisher.

Function: The Banisher looks like a dark blue ring, and it is considered to be a 1 dot TT. However, the agent can invest up to 5 dots into the Banisher, enhancing its power. Once tuned, the hunter add the number of dots he invested into the Banisher to any roll used for Exorcism, Abjuration and Warding. Those dice are doubled when the hunter deals with an ephemeral entity which possess someone's body. Summoning and Binding aren't enhanced by the Banisher.

Genesis (00000)

serial number- 1.1.1

That Theo Tech in considered to be the strongest TT in Raziel's storage. While it isn't a weapon per see, it is very dangerous, and must be used carefully. No one knows how many Genesis were made by Raziel, and some believe there is only one of those in existence. Because of it's power, the use of Genesis is supervised directly by Sukenik himself, and must have his permission to use it. You may think he is a little paranoid- but you can't blame him. After all, Genesis does the impossible- it makes angels.

Function: Genesis looks like a simple chair made from a dark blue material, with many wires and electrodes which could allow the user to connects into it. Once tuned, the user can't leave Genesis without stopping the tuning, which requires the user to have some preparations if he wish to use it for its full potential. Also, because the power of Genesis, an agent must have a Conspiracy Status of at least 4 in order to use it. After tuning, the agent can create angels (see the God machine Rules Update), with each Willpower Dot being equal to a Rank. That way, and agent could create one angel with a Rank of 5, 5 angels with a Rank of 1 or any combination between them. Each such angel is created with a mission given by the agent. Those "angels" don't usually have a Cover (see Demon) but the agent can exchange Rank into details of a Cover- like a job or a bank account. If the Cover requires Merit Dots, the Agent must sacrifice a number of Ranks equal to the Merit Dots given. If it doesn't, it requires 1 Rank per detail. The agent also can't be left with less than 1 Willpower, or else he would be untuned and suffer from the side effects (see Theo Tech section for details).

Once made, the angels will start to do anything in order to fulfill their mission- and after that, they'll vanish and the hunter will get his lost Willpower dot. Untuning Genesis could be done at any point, in which the hunter will gain his invested Willpower and the angels would vanish. Destroying the angels will also return the lost Willpower, although the hunter won't be untuned until all of the angels will be destroyed. However, there is one danger in the use of Genesis- if for some reason, the angel made by Genesis will Fall (see Demon) the hunter will be immediately untuned and he will lose any Willpower invested in the angel's Rank and Cover. Those angels (now Demons) are the company's top priority targets, and are brought to Sukenik himself. No one knows what he does with them, but after he does the hunter usually regain his lost Willpower Dots. Usually.
            Last edited by LostLight; 08-29-2017, 03:16 PM.

I now blog in here

Comment

This project is now officially finished- unless requested :P

I now blog in here

Comment

So... Is there a PDF that brings this all together in a nice, neat package?

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll

Comment

not yet- for two reason. First, I want to complete some other conspiracies and put them all together. Second, I still lack any knowledge at making a PDF :P

I now blog in here

Comment

- Okay, I will wait. -

The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary. - James. D. Nicoll

Comment

LOVE IT!

One question: What is stopping agents from investing Willpower dots, then buying them back? So if my character gets Theo-Tech OOO, then puts in the XP needed to buy back the dots, why couldn't he have all of his Willpower Dots and the tech?

Also, re: making PDFs: I use CutePDF, to print what I want directly into a PDF. It spoofs a printer, so anything you can print from can generate a PDF.

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Infrastructure.

Rule #2: Never let the game-mechanics get in the way of a good story.

Comment

I'm glad you like it

and about the Endowment, I think you misunderstood how it works- there are 3 different ways to use it, so here is a more simple way to present it:

The Conventional Way (using it with the help of the physical TT)-
                        a) buy dots in the merit Theo Tech
                        b) ask for a TT from the company according to your rating in the merit (for example, you need to have 3 dots at Theo Tech if you want to have the Light Bearing Bow.). According to the Company Rules, you can't carry more than 10 TT at the same time, and you must return them in order to get new ones.
                        c) before you want to use the TT, you "tune" to it, lowering your permanent Willpower according to the rating of the specific TT (1 Willpower dot per one dot of the TT's rating). The process takes around a minute, and you can't tune to more TTs in the same time which their combined rating dots is more than your [permanent Willpower] -1. Doing so will have nasty side effects.
                        d) use the TT as you wish until you "untune" it, regaining your Willpower back.

The Biblical Way (searching for a certain verse in the Old Testament)-
                        a) have at least 1 dot at TT
                        b) search in the bible for the verse which is behind the power of the TT you wish. Represented by rolling Research
                        c) tune to the Endowment and use it immediately after the tuning. You need to invest a double amount of Willpower in order to activate it, so 5 dot TTs are automatically blocked. You untune immediately after the use

The Verse by Heart Way (you mesmerize a certain verse)
                        a) have at least 1 dot at TT
                        b) buy the verse mechanically as a separate merit, with the cost of three TT per merit dot
                        c) use it just like the biblical way.

remember that the two latter ways are a Company Secret, so most of the agents won't know a thing about them. If Raziel was a part of a gameline, I would withhold that info until a latter book, like Compacts and Conspiracies, but because it is a homebrew creation those options are given right here.
                        Last edited by LostLight; 08-29-2017, 03:17 PM.

I now blog in here

Comment

Project: NEPHILIM
                          Raziel LtD was founded in order to make weapons meant to protect its homeland from unseen enemies. Using the hidden secrets of the Book of Raziel the Angel, the company was able to translate the early designs and blueprints into functioning instruments, granting the agents of Rakia powerful tools in their battle against the darkness. However, as advanced as their weapons may be, they are only as powerful as the soldiers holding them- which means investing a lot of time and resources at recruiting, training and protecting their agents. Still, even if their agents are at the peak of their skills, they are still only human, and there is a limit to what a human can do, even with the help of Theo-Tech, which are by themselves limited in power. Some verses are just too weak to be used as weapons- while others are too strong. The medium simply can't handle the energy, and agents would collapse just from touching them.

Yes, a weapon is only as powerful as the soldier holding it.

That only means that Raziel needs to make better soldiers.

The idea was initially proposed to Sukenik by one of Uriel's Finale Engineers. While most of the other agents were sicked by the suggestion, Sukenik simply said he would "think about it". No one thought that something would come from that conversation- Raziel may have its fair share of skeletons in the closet, but human experiments? That was too much, especially considering Daniel's good heart nature. Few days later, a new weapon design system was proposed- serial number 1-6-4, code name NEPHILIM. No one but those few chosen by Sukenik to work on the project had any idea what was it all about, and many rumors has started to spread through the company's factories and offices. Even most of the Final Engineers were kept in the dark, and when those in the project were asked by their friends they simply told them that they really, truly, undoubtedly did not want to know. New laboratories were opened, biologists and geneticists were recruited. No one knew what caused the sudden interest in the field- some wondered if perhaps the CEO has decided to cross the lines and experiment with biological weapons. Sure, it wasn't legal- but as long as it was in the protection of their nation, they could accepted it.

In a way, it may be said that they were right.

Apparently, hidden among the mechanisms of TT's and stories about the world before, there were other kinds of blueprints- genetic ones. Detailed protocol for DNA engineering made thousands of years ago, speaking about how the sons of God and daughters of Man were united, and how God cursed them both for doing so. Those designs were, in a way, meant to make new weapons- human weapons, created from the union of the earthly and the divine. Why did Daniel waited through all of this time to start the project is unknown- when asked, he simply says that "It wasn't for him to make such decision". Those who work about the project say that every time they speak with him about the subject, his eyes immediately become sadder. He clearly doesn't happy from what he does, but he says that "it is for the greater good" and that it "was the will of the people". The main problem was, of course, capturing test subjects- while they could capture homeless people or others that no one would miss, Sukenik refused any such suggestion and removed those to made them from the project. Such sacrifices must come from free will, he says. It is up for the people to decide their own fate. And such, they advertise themselves, searching for those who seek for easy cash. They do inform them about "possible complications" about the new "weapon interface test" and make sure they sign the right documents, and they do pay them the money (or their families, in case things don't go well). Because Israel is a small country, they almost never recruit test subjects from their own country- focusing their efforts at Europe, the US, Africa, India, China. The process itself is, undoubtedly, terrible to see- yet Sukenik insists on seeing each such experiment by his own eyes. "It is was my decision" he says "and my responsibility".

Many of those experiments fails- some more horribly than others. It seems that there is some sort of needed compatibility required for the process to work. Some are scarred by it, yet manage to survive the process. Others die horrifyingly, many eyes burst from their flesh, or feathered white wings sprout from their back and stomach and eyes and mouth, or there is simply a burst of white light from which nothing remains. Some are simply unaffected by the whole process- and many of those are immediately recruited for Rakia Project, and (ironically) usually work at NEPHILIM. And sometimes, very rarely, the experiment seem to succeed- a new Nephil is being born, burning with the light of heaven.

Only a few of those Nephilim currently exist, hidden in subterranean cells while they are being checked upon and regulated. The exact model for a compatibility test is still being investigated, and it is NEPHILIM's top priority, as it would save many lives. Some wonder if perhaps the Nephilim could even breed true- but Sukenik is silent about the subject, saying that it is "still not on the priorities". Anyway, many of the Rakia's agents think that this may be the breakthrough their company has been waiting for since its foundation- the last step before they could finally go to an all out war against the darkness, and make a safe world in which there would be no more monsters...

And what about the Nephilim themselves?

Most of them are contained in their cells. Some try to escape. Others don't. All of them got the payment which was promised to them. Some don't even know why they are there, or why. Some has their own plans about their new powers and abilities. Some even accept their destiny, and they wait to finally serve as soldiers in the battle against Raziel's enemies.

And some escape- and they neither forget or forgive until Raziel would pay for what was done to them.

And Raziel would nether forget or forgive until they would be no more than skeletons in the closet.
                          Last edited by LostLight; 08-29-2017, 03:27 PM.

I now blog in here

Comment

so, as a part of the Fan Material Compendium project, I've wrote two new Endowments- hope you'll like them!

Last Chance (00-000)

serial number- 13/c.2.6

Raziel understands the value of working with certain monsters in order to achieve the goal- but it doesn’t mean they trust them. While some monsters may look human and friendly, beneath the smile fangs are bared. Common interests and goals may keep both monsters and hunters somewhat united for a while, long term alliances require some.. guarantee.. that the monster won’t change its mind one day and turn against its former allies. When the monster has no record of attacking other humans and proof itself being trustworthy, trust may be enough- but many monsters have done many terrible things during their existence. Thankfully, Raziel Ltd is willing to forgive- even if not forget- and to those monsters it would offer one Last Chance, as long as there is an agent who is willing to take the responsibility.

Function: Last Chance takes the form of a metallic collar, through which strange blue light flows during times of stress. In order to activate the Theo Tech, the target has to wear the collar around her neck, while the hunter which takes the responsibility for her actions invests the Willpower. As long as the agent tunes to the TT, the collar may not be removed. If the hunter is willing to invest 3 Willpower dots, she also knows the monster’s state and location at all time. If the monster were to break the company’s rules while being under Last Chance’s effect, the collar pulses with blue power, sending waves of energy through the target, causing a point of Lethal Damage to the target. During that moment, the collar is locked, and the hunter may not untune from the TT without the help of one of the Finale Engineers. That would require the hunter to find the monster and bring it back to one of the company’s offices, where it get a chance to explain its actions- even though it usually ends with the monster’s death. At any moment the hunter may self cause herself a point of Lethal Damage in order to cause the same damage to the monster.

Last Chance may also be activated upon regular mortals, and while it is not common it is not unheard off for the company to use the TT upon a hunter which has broke one too many rules during her Vigil, especially if they are in a danger of falling into Slasherhood.

Rejuvenator (0000)

serial number- 4.21.8

While Raziel Ltd is yet to crack to technology to bring the dead back to life (at least, as far as the anyone outside the Finale Engineers is aware), they did discovered some new technologies which enhance natural healing. The Rejuvenator is considered to be the cutting edge equipment the company has produced in order to save the lives of its agents during battlefield- more than one agent owes their life to the serpentine machinery, and even though its size makes it impractical to be used while fighting, it has proved its value more than once for long term missions on foreign lands.

Function: The Rejuvenator takes the form of a serpent coiled around a single stand, both being made from bluish black metal. Unlike most other TTs, that Theo Tech is quite a large object- 2.5 meters to be exact. While deactivated, both the serpent’s eyes and mouth are closed, even though some unnatural heat is radiated from the item. In order to activate the Rejuvenator, the agent must place the TT on the ground and tune to the Endowment- something which cause the serpent to awaken to life, its eyes and mouth radiate with blue light while it hisses and swirls around the stand. Any human character in a range of 2 meters from the Theo Tech heals one point of Bashing Damage every minute, one point of Lethal Damage every 5 minutes and one point of Aggravated Damage every 10 minutes. In case a character around the Rejuvenator suffers from a certain Condition or Tilt which cause it to take damage, that Tilt/Condition is being paused as long as the target is in the TTs range, even though it is removed. Only human may enjoy the benefit of the Rejuvenator, so any creature with a Supernatural Tolerance trait or which lacks a human origin can not be healed using that TT.
                            Last edited by LostLight; 09-01-2017, 01:02 PM.

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
                            X