Moving Up the Tiers 2!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Up the Tiers 2!

So lately I was thinking about reviving an old project of mine, in which I've made Conspiracy Endowments for compacts (which could be found in here). While originally I've also added some story hook about how the compact changed its tier, I think that this time I won't do it- too limiting for ideas. Maybe I'll give a story hook or something, but nothing like a detailed background.

Anyway, this is the summary for the Endowments I've already made-

Ashwood Abbey- Vice Projection: the ability to influence, manipulate and change the dark passions of others to your will.
    Long Night- Blessed Speech: saving souls by using theological arguments and inspired words
    Loyalists of Thule- Das Archive: a network of ghosts of fallen members who share their collective knowledge with the living
    Null Mysteriis- Energetic Theories: the ability to create devices powered by the "supernatural energies" of post human entities
    The Union- HunterNet: a special app which helps the members to unite and work together through the whole world
    Division VI- Paradox Technologies: special semi-living weaponry which disrupts the horrors of reality deviants.
    Keepers of the Source- Green Magic: using Ley Lines to channel the gifts of Mother Earth without harming the natural balance.
    Bear Lodge: Spirit Hunt- using the blessing of spiritual totems to increase the physical and mental abilities of the hunter
    Illuminated Brotherhood: Sight Enhancers- special drugs used to see and interact better with the unseen world while maintaining control
    Talbot Group: Empathy- the psychic ability to read and calm emotions
    Barret Commission: Divine Right- the ability to force your will upon power structure and use your authority as a weapon
    Maiden's Blood Sisterhood: Sacred Blood- invoking the aspects of the Great Goddess using holy blood magics
    Night Watch: Hunt Zone- marking your territory and creating a special bond with it, so you'll always get the upper hand
    Habibti Ma: Justice's Touch- purifying the mind and body from supernatural manipulations
    Utopia Now: Spare Parts- using stolen tech of the Machine, the user can create his own projects and servants
    Les Voyageurs: Enchanted Pelt- by wearing the skin of her prey, the hunter can become one of them
    Scarlet Watch: Bloody Binding- connecting blood to blood and making it into a weapon against those who share it.
    Ahl al Jabal: Hashshashin's Dance- mystical trance which enhance the user's abilities and skills to an inhuman level
    Heritage House: Legacy Coin- a bitcoin like resource which allows the hunter to gain all kinds of favors from the families of the group- and even other organizations.
    The Hunt Club: Second Face- wearing a dark persona to avoid sins and gain the dark abilities of slashers while avoiding the price.
    Ama San: Sea Song- special song taught by the sea gods which rules the weather and lures their prey.
    Azusa Miko: Kagura- mystical dances which influence the kami to transform the world.
    Bijin: Networking-​ controlling information and gaining favors which help them artists gain their so much desired access
    Gimu: Divine Grace- manifestation of their inner duty and disciplines which guides their body and soul and focus
    their inner power.
    Keepers of the Weave: Tale Binding- drawing power from the old stories of mankind to confuse monsters and enhance allies
    Protectors of the Light: Ward- establishing a powerful link with the land in order to draw its power and protect it from the true enemy.
    Yuri's Group: Lifebond- by creating powerful bonds between each other, they can share each another's powers in order to support their friends.. and enemies.
    Reckoning: Reverentia- invocations of God's majesty and awe which strike fear in the hearts of the unfaithful and shatter their pride like Babel.
    Phoenix Fire Guard: FP- special equipment created thanks to Sheriff Brown's efforts which gives its deputies the ability to fight the Divine Fire and its abominations.
    Tomb Raiders: Dream Gate- the ability to open gates to the dream world of the Begotten and steal from there any treasure they see as fit.

Mystery Cults:
    Narodnaia Volia: Anarchy- gaining tolerance against the vampire's slaving ability in order to steal the tyrants's power
    Cult of Mitra: Divine Fate- taking holy oath in front of the Wyld and becoming a character in a story- for better and worse.
    Chosen of Mammon: Primal Utility- for everything has a price, and they have the coin to pay for it
    Siblings in Arms: Big Guns- reverse engineered technology from the God Machine which feeds on the remains of dead spirits
    Fellowship of the Finale Answer: Anomaly- for time travel and not being a part of reality has its benefits
    Church of Inti: Sunfire- channeling the Essence of their god, their enemies would burn with the same fire which burns them
    Voyagers: Kotoba no Kokai- using words and blood, they can force their will upon the world with mystical ofudas
    Tick Tock Men: Bioclock- using a technological implement in order to enhance their speed to levels no mortal should be able to, and it has its consequences.
    Cuauhualtin- Ihhuitzoncalli: by creating a spiritual bond with his companion, the eagle warrior may touch the heavens
    Ocelomeh- Cehualli: embracing the shadows of the world, the dread jaguar warriors could slay their enemies with shaded fangs and claws
    Nahualtin- Tezcatilpoca: gifted by the Smoking Mirror, the priests of Mexica are able to channel dread magics known only to the wisest spellcasters, even if they need to taint their very soul.
    Huitzilopotchli the Many Wheeled- Tonalpohualli: many secrets are hidden in the holy calendar, and those who can read the sign and cycles of the world could channel its power and become one with their god.
    Titgwai Gang- Gisei: the ability to call upon the sacrifices given to the goddess of death and trains in times of need

Skin & Bones-
    The Carvers: Persona- using their own strength of personality in order to turn the slasher's ego against him
    The Dirge: Last Blow Serum- a techno-magical serum contained in weapons used to make sure the dead won't rise again
    The Silver Cross: Neo- Medicine- secret, high tech surgery tools which allow to deal with almost any regular and supernatural injury.
    The Wordsmiths: Psychological Supression- the ability to remind the monsters they were once human, in the price of their potency.
    Sons & Daughters of Cheshire: Disruption Field- shards of dark artifacts used to seal gates and stop other items fro working.
    Terra Incognita: Cleaners- a set of engineered botanic specimens which feeds upon the Divine Fire to grow

Alchemist Guilds:
    Lodowick Society: Divine Vision- by following God's will and guidance, the hunters may summon visions of the future to help in the Vigil
    Pristine Order of the Auric Chalice: Aludel- alchemical items containing sparks of the Divine Fire to be used by those unworthy for the Art
    Amalgama Ltd: Transhuman Potential- using a combination of alchemy and biotechnology, the company's mercenaries change their body into killing machines.
    Emerald Crucible: Amulet of Eternity- a false "philosopher's stone" which gives those who wear it a chance to stave off death itself
    Order of the Four Cornered Seal: Gu- using an heretic ceremony which refined venom into power in the price of mental and physical balance.

Companies:
    Last Dynasty International: Infused Pharmaceuticals- drugs enhanced by Sekhem which reinforce the body and heal injuries
    Deva Corporation: Luminous Advancements- being part of a great Infrastructure, they can draw power from the Machine for their benefit
    White Heart Pharmaceuticals: Paranormal Infections- special diseases developed using occult formulas and strange pathogens which use their hunter as host

Sorcerer Cults:
    Tauran: Calls of Earth- evoking the affinity the members of the order has with the earth and mountains in order to shape the world around them
    Adelfoi Aimatos: Blood Curses- dangerous rituals which could cast a dread curse upon anyone the sorcerer has their blood and name
    ​Loyalists of the Ptolemaic Dynasty: Entombment- special ceremony which allows the user to cross the veil between life and death in order to become more like their undying Mistress
    Parangelia Seth: Isfet- terrible ability to twist Sekhem out of form and craft it into a temporary relic, in exchange for cursing the world around them
    Strangers: Golden Apple- special recipes which allow transforming regular fruits into magical conducts of power, granting inhuman abilities to chosen heroes.
    Last edited by LostLight; 09-21-2017, 08:17 AM.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

On a Dragonlance-reading break. Surprise homebrew may still happen :P
    I now blog in here

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
    Ahl al Jabal: Hashshashin's Dance- mystical trance which enhance the user's abilities and skills to an inhuman level
    Bear Lodge: Spirit Hunt- using the blessing of spiritual totems to increase the physical and mental abilities of the hunter
    Maiden's Blood Sisterhood: Sacred Blood- invoking the aspects of the Great Goddess using holy blood magics
    Night Watch: Hunt Zone- marking your territory and creating a special bond with it, so you'll always get the upper hand
    Illuminated Brotherhood: Sight Enhancers- special drugs used to see and interact better with the unseen world while maintaining control
    Talbot Group: Empathy- the psychic ability to read and calm emotions
    These sound good. Though I think the Maiden's Blood Sisterhood shouldn't need a lot of blood - as in not damaging amounts, just a few drops (but they have to draw it then and there, which takes time and something sharp).

Barret Commission: Flow of Power- a weird sense which allows to see and manipulate structures of power.
    Something based on the divine right of kings, maybe, but with a much broader definition of king?

The Hunt Club: Black Token- a dark network of people and machines who use a special coin to escape punishment and get anything
    I'd suggest something more like murder trophies - not too dissimilar to the boosts the Bear Lodge get, but the slasher is their own totem. One of the benefits ought to be the sliding off of consequences though - by putting yourself above the world of the ordinary people, the powers of their world can't touch you, that sort of thing.

Utopia Now: Spare Parts- using stolen tech of the Machine, the user can create his own projects and servants
    Stolen designs - they don't need to steal each and every component (though they would need to for R&D).

Comment

Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
      These sound good. Though I think the Maiden's Blood Sisterhood shouldn't need a lot of blood - as in not damaging amounts, just a few drops (but they have to draw it then and there, which takes time and something sharp).
      that was what I've had in mind. Hurting themselves for power isn't really what I think they should be doing. Their magic should be about life.. unless they take the form of the Crone (I kinda think their Endowment should be split into 3 "spheres", one for each Aspect of the Goddess- Maiden, Mother and Crone, with one for enchanting, one for healing and one for actually doing some damage)

Something based on the divine right of kings, maybe, but with a much broader definition of king?
      sounds interesting- something like using your "divine right" in order to command large groups, forcing supernatural laws or simply using the fact that you are "higher", and so should be obeyed?

I'd suggest something more like murder trophies - not too dissimilar to the boosts the Bear Lodge get, but the slasher is their own totem. One of the benefits ought to be the sliding off of consequences though - by putting yourself above the world of the ordinary people, the powers of their world can't touch you, that sort of thing.
      That's actually cool. The reason I didn't went to something mystical was because I wanted to brainstorm some more "mundane" Endowments- but the idea of using a Slasher persona in order to hide your sins away from you is interesting. Maybe something like enjoying the benefit of certain Undertakings without actually falling to slasherhood?

Stolen designs - they don't need to steal each and every component (though they would need to for R&D).
      That was more or less what I've thought about- you use reverse engineering in order to understand the machine, and then start using some specialized version of Resources in order to create your own things. The problem is that in order to replenish your dots, you have to go and tear some of the God Machine's projects down- like angels, demons, cryptids, Infrastructures and other GM tech.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

I now blog in here

Comment

The ones that interest me is the Maiden's Blood Sisterhood (and if they don't get bonuses for using actual maiden's blood ) and the Barret Commission. Though the later is because I have a somewhat similar concept that could use the inspiration

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
        My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
        Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

I'll start making things after my finales. For now, it is just for brainstorming.

Also, if we are talking about giving Endowments for orgs who don't have it, here is my idea for Endowments used by other powerful groups in the World of Darkness-

Last Dynasty International: Infused Pharmaceuticals- drugs enhanced by Sekhem which reinforce the body and heal injuries
          Deva Corporation: Luminous Advancements- being part of a great Infrastructure, they can draw power from the Machine for their benefit
          Iron Comrades (don't like the name, but what can I do?) : Process KRASNYY- manipulating the essence of a captures creature to develop psychic abilities.

I now blog in here

Comment

So, here comes the Spirit Slayers!

Bear Lodge- Spirit Hunt (1-5, special)
            In order to become the best hunters around, the Lodge had bonded itself with powerful hunt spirits- especially the Thunder Bear- in order to bring down shape-shifters. That Endowment is divided into 9 Aspects of the Bear, with each corresponding to a different Attribute: Fang (Strength), Claw (Dexterity), Hide (Stamina), Roar (Presence), Eye (Manipulation), Heart (Composure), Head (Intelligence), Nose (Wits) and Silence (Resolve). Each such Aspect is rated between 1 to 5 as a separate Endowment. In order to use the Endowment, the user must first decide upon a certain target and promise it as a sacrifice to the Thunder Bear's spirit court. Once the rite is complete, the hunter may add her dots in each Aspect to the corresponding Attribute- but only when dealing against the target. The hunter may also target a group instead of a single being. When the rite is preformed, the hunter must declare a time limit to the Spirit Hunt, which can be no longer then one day per Status: Bear Lodge dot. While under the effect of the Aspects, the hunter may also interact with entities in the Shadow Frequency of the Twilight.

Illuminated Brotherhood: Sight Enhancers (1-5)
            Thanks to an advanced chemical research, the members of the brotherhood discovered a way to interact with the Shadow more efficiently. First, under those drugs, the hunter have full control over her action. Second, she enjoys the benefit of the Unseen Sense (Spirit) Merit. Third, the hunter may see into the Twilight and even behind the Gauntlet. The dots in the Endowment represent the quality of the drug- which effects the character for one hour per dot. Plus, it represent how well does the character interact with spirits-
            1- sight
            2- hearing
            3- speak with
            4- touch
            5- step sideways (when the effect of the drug ends, the hunter immediately returns to the material world)
            In an addition to those effect, each such drug has a side effect. Each time you take such a drug, you choose a single spirit Numina. As long as you under its effect, you can use that Numina freely.

Talbot Group: Empathy (1-5, special)
            After dealing a lot of time among troubled people, a psychic sense has started to developed among the people of the Group. First, simply having a dot in the Endowment allows the hunter to feel the surface emotions of a certain person. Second, choose a certain emotion (like sadness, hope, fear, rage, love, etc). By rolling [Empathy + Manipulation], the character may trigger that emotion inside someone or calm that specific emotion. That roll may be protected by using Willpower or the Supernatural Resistance trait as normal. A special thing about that Endowment is that no matter which emotion chosen, it could be used in order to calm down someone who is under the effect of a supernatural emotion manipulation (including vampire's Frenzy, werewolf's Death Rage, a person under the effect of a Disquiet or even other uses of Empathy). The requires rolling a Clash of Wills between the dots in the chosen Endowment against the trait who is responsible for the emotional manipulation (like Blood Potency in case of vampires, or the other Empathy trait in case of two hunters). Finally, the hunter may use her dots in her highest Empathy as a Supernatural Resistance trait when trying to protect against an emotional manipulation.

I now blog in here

Comment

And now- Night Stalkers

Maiden's Blood Sisterhood: Sacred Blood (1-5, special)
              By embracing their occult nature and the influence of their witches, the Sisterhood has found a way to invoke the Aspects of the Triple Goddess through their blood. By spilling a bit of blood (not enough to actually count as damage, but it requires them to at least scratch themselves), the Sister can enjoy the advantages of the Maiden, the Mother or the Crone. If the user is a Maiden (that is, virgin- yes, oral sex counts), she gains +2 modifier to all rolls when using the Aspects. If the user is a male, he suffer -2 modifier to all rolls. Each of the three Aspects is bought as a separate Endowment, and has a different effect-
              Maiden- the Sister can heal others with her presence. By rolling [Maiden+ Presence], she may heal one level of Lethal damage per success. Exceptional Success makes it into 2 levels healed, and a Dramatic Failure means causing one level of Bashing damage per dot in Maiden
              Mother- the Sister can influence the emotions of others. By rolling [Mother+ Manipulation] she can force upon someone the Attached Condition in relation to her for one hour per Mother. Exceptional Success means 2 hours per dot and Dramatic Failure means that the target would see the Sister as an enemy
              Crone- wearing the Aspect of death, the Sister can return the unliving to where they belong. By attacking an undead (or deathless) creature she can add her dots in Crone to the attack roll. If the Attack is successful, the undead suffer one level of additional Aggravated Damage per dot in Crone

Night Watch: Hunt Zone (1-5, special)
              The Hunt Zone is where the hunter would always have the higher hand, and any vampire trapped in his turf is better to prepare himself to a die. Each such Hunt Zone is bought separately, and requires spending blood in the form of one level of lethal damage once a month on a place called "The Focus". The area in the radius of 5 meters per dots of the Focus is called the Hunt Zone. As long as the hunter is in the Hunt Zone, he may add the dots of the specific Zone to all of his rolls. Plus, he enjoys the effect of the Clairvoyance merit in order to see anything which happens in his Zone. Also, the Hunter may instal a number of traps equal to his dots in his Zone which would be activated by spending a point of Willpower.

Barret Commission: Divine Right (1-5)
              The hunter is a king by all but the name, and both Heaven and Earth recognize his right to rule. First, the hunter may add his dots in the Divine Right to all of his social rolls. Second, for each dot in his Endowment the hunter may command a Decree. While he may change Decrees freely, they can never have more in the same time then his dots in the Divine Right. Anyone who is officially beneath the hunter in hierarchy must obey the Decrees, unless it should end up in direct damage to himself. Supernatural creatures who have a Resistance trait may try to use Clash of Wills to ignore the effect against the hunter's dot in the Endowment. The hunter may try to force someone who isn't officially below him to obey his Decrees, but then he must roll for [Manipulation + Divine Right] against a Willpower roll.

This Endowment also has another special effect. Every time the sun set, choose one of the three Predatory Auras. You can project that Aura at the cost of a Willpower point. Replace Blood Potency with Divine Right when relevant. Vampires, as well as any creature who can be effected by such Auras, would react to them.

EDIT- and eventually, switched Mother and Maiden to how I've first wrote them
              Last edited by LostLight; 03-09-2016, 06:44 AM.

I now blog in here

Comment

Mortal Remains-

Habibti Ma: Justice's Touch (1-5)
                Thanks to the blessing of the mysterious Maat, you manage to free people from brainwashing- both magical and mundane. By touching the target, the victim is rolling Willpower + Justice (use the victim's Willpower score. You can only help him fight back, not do the ob for him) against the controller's Supernatural trait if there is such (as regular for Clash of Wills). Success means that the victim was deprogrammed, removing any Condition which once bound him. If it was a supernatural effect, it is terminated in the same moment- a possessing spirit is separated from the body, blood bonds are broken, hypnosis is no more. Exceptional Success means that the victim is also now immune to any form on mental manipulation or reprogramming/brainwashing for a month. Dramatic Failure reprogram the victim again, gives him a certain Condition to the ST's choosing. You also add your dots in the Endowment to resist any attempt to brainwash or manipulate you.

Utopia Now: Spare Parts (1-5)
                By stealing enough of the God Machine's tech, you are now able to make things of your own. The dots in the Endowment are used as a special Resources dots, which represent you access to the hardware found in the Conspiracy's storage. Using those dots and by accessing the labs, you can make an temporary device powered up bu the energy of the Machine. If the device has a limited number of uses, it is limited to three use per dot in the Endowment. If not, it lasts for one week per dot. Your dots in the Endowment dictate what you can create-
                1- Embedded Gadget
                2- Exploited Gadget
                3- a device mimicking Stigmatic merits
                4- a device mimicking Demonic Form abilities
                5- an angel
                The rating of the Embed, Exploit or the number of Form Abilities in the device can't be higher then your dots in the Endowment. Creating an Angel would require rolling Manipulation against the Rank of the angel every time you give it a mission. Success means it would obey. Exceptional Success means it would obey and not resist for the rest of the missions. Failure means it would not obey, and suffer 2 levels of Aggravated damage. Dramatic Failure means one of the following- either it would escape and reconnects to the Machine, or that it would fall. In order to enjoy free access to the storage of the conspiracy, you are expected to bring their offices something in the level of your dots in the Endowment once per month (so if you make an army of angels, you better start hunting a lot of those)

I now blog in here

Comment

Infused Pharmaceuticals: I think it would be worth just duplicating Elixirs here; maybe not the exact individual ones, but LDI and the AO come from the same part of the world and draw on the same historical and magical traditions, so mechanical differentiation is pointless. Instead, differentiate them in attitude: LDI's elixirs aren't sacred mysteries for initiates, but like thaumotech, repurposed failures; successes are those that can be used by (and thus sold to) anyone, not those dependent on an exacting regimen to metabolise.

Sight Enhancers: Might the user also become attractive to spirits, so they gradually congreate around her (and maybe at the fifth level become a quasi-locus so spirits - and werewolves - can cross the gauntlet more easily in her presence)?

Sacred Blood: My instinct would be to swap the Maiden and Mother round. (Also to say that a male virgin has the two modifiers cancel out).

Divine Right: Pretty much exactly what I had in mind.

Justice's Touch: I like this one; I especially like that it doesn't particularly distinguish between natural and supernatural forms of conditioning.

Comment

Glad you liked it! About LDI- it is simply a thought about expanding the revivals from Dark Eras. Making the fifth level of the Sight Enhancer into making you into a Loci could work- it is simply that I've thought that it correlates with "getting lost in your minds" from a drug that "powerful". Maybe I could mix the two effects together. As for Sacred Blood- I am also not that sure about which effect should be Mother and which should be Maiden, so it is open for changes. The reason for the penalty for male users is because the group is feminist, so it made sense that in the same way that men can't rise their Status too much, they also can invoke the Aspects of the Goddess in the same efficiency (except of the Crone, which is an Attack roll). Glad you liked the other two- and yeah, considering that saving cultists from brainwash is the thing for the Habibi Ma, it made sense for their Endowment to effect any kind of conditioning.

Now, while I do have a clear vision of the Scarlet Watch's Endowments, I'm not sure about the Les Voyageurs. How can I make Wolf's Pelt into something which doesn't simply turns them into Skin Thieves?

I now blog in here

Comment

So while I'm tinkering about the Pelt Endowment, here are few ruff ideas for how those compacts has grown into conspiracies-

the Bear Lodge- seeing the mortals who dared to hunt the hunters of the Shadow, the old spirit found itself interested. It was an ancient being, and lived to see the father of those spirit bastards fall by their own hands in the time before time. While it didn't had offspring of its own, it felt compelled to offer its help to the hunters, giving them a portion of its strength and so making a lineage of its own. Already naming themselves after him, the great Thunder Bear blessed the hunters with its own might- and now there is no greater hunter then them.

Illuminated Brotherhood- it was only a matter of experimentation. Eventually, the Brotherhood managed to create or identify a group of drugs which allowed regular people to commune with the Shadow. Thanks to that breakthrough, the Brotherhood has started to sell those drugs, making enough money which allowed them to grow in influence and investigate the unseen.

Talbot Group- being so close to the spirit world has eventually made the senses of the Group more keen. Their "psychic gift" is a result of long trainings and understanding of their patients, which eventually unlocked that inner potential. Thanks to their gift, their services as psychologies became a great resource.

Maiden Blood Sisterhood- after their witches has captured a vampire who claimed connection to the Great Goddess, the secret rites were created to help those who weren't Awakened to higher mysteries. Their ability to actually do hedge magic has made them into an influential feminist neo-pagan group, especially thanks to their Endowment.

Night Watch- a mysterious figure showed up before the group, claiming to know the secret ability to influence the city and become one with it. It taught the members some of its blood magic in exchange for protection. With their enhanced ability to rule the city, they were able to either force hunters out or made them into a part of the group. This is their turf- and you are either with them or the hell out of here.

Barret Commission- already having members in key places in the government, it was only a matter of time until they rose to greatness. The fact that people listen to them isn't some kind of magic- it is their inborn right to rule. The secret item at safe 1-700-675-40 is not relevant.

Habibi Ma- after breaking a cult big enough and forcing their deathless master to sleep in an epic fight, Maat has revealed itself in the heart of the people. Together with the former cultists, who already had knowledge and influence, and the gift of lady Justice after breaking the cursed relics, the group was able to have enough resources to free people all around the world

Utopia Now- finally the group has managed to collect enough resources from the Machine and crack its designs through reverse engineering. It was a matter of time, after all- either the Machine would have caught them, or that they were to break its code. Thankfully, the former happened first- and now God is so kind that it sends them hunter angels every day. There is no such thing as too much Spare Parts.

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                        Iron Comrades (don't like the name, but what can I do?) : Process KRASNYY- manipulating the essence of a captures creature to develop psychic abilities.
                        Actually you can, with good conscience. The Soviet Union wasn't big on poetic names like that, they mostly used project codes. Iconic names like Hind and Typhoon are NATO call signs for the things. It is likely, more than likely even, that Iron Comrades is just a nickname, either by soviets who had to deal with them, and got tired of not having a name on them, or NATO agents needing something to call them.

Comment

going back in time, I present to you the compacts of the Dark Eras!

Enchanted Pelt (1-5)
                          in order to become a good hunter, one needs to learn to think like its prey- and what better way you have then becoming like it! The Les Voyageurs have learned the primal rites which allow man to wear the form of a beast- even is the beast is a mad chimera. The Pelt is a single relic which can work only for its maker, and which is made out of the skins of number of animals. By wearing the Pelt, the character can change her form into one of the extra forms a shapeshifter can take (that is, Beast, Near Beast, Hybrid and Near Man). Each such form is presented by the rating of the Endowment- Beast requires 1 dot, Near form requires 2 dots and Hybrid 3 dots. In order to take that form, the pelt must contain the skin of the desired animal. In theory, one could also buy new "human" forms, but you can understand why most hunters won't do it.. unless they'll fall into the shadows.

While in Hybrid form, the hunter can also use Dominions, which are bought separately. The hunter can't have more Dominions then her dots in the Pelt. While the hunter can change the forms and Dominions of her Pelt as long as the new outcome answers the limitations, the hunter must roll Crafts to do so. Dramatic Failure means that the Pelt has been harmed, and you either loose one dot in the Endowment (the Sanctify of Merits is valid). Exceptional Success means that you can add one free Dread Power which can be used in any form of the Pelt, even if the number of Dominions is above the limit. If you roll Dramatic Failure afterward, however, you loose that free Dread Power (but you don't loose the dot in the Pelt).

Bloody Binding(1-5)
                          Blood calls to blood, and through that connection you have recovered the lost occult rites of your compact. By making a blood oath (that is, opening a wound in both you and another character), you gain a sympathetic connection to the target. You can't have more Blood Bounds then your dots in the Endowment. The connection between you and the Blood Bound allows you to always know the general place of the target and her general condition- if she is healthy, harmed, terrified, under mental compulsion or dead. The connection is not broken by death, but it is connected to the body, not the soul. The character can at any moment, break that connection, although it can't last more then 2 years per dot in the Endowment.

In addition to the Blood Bound which are gained by the Endowment, and character which is a first degree relative (that is siblings, parents and children) are also targeted by the Endowment, and so does anyone which has consumed your or your Blood Bounds' blood until it is out of their system (for a living being, it is around an hour. For a vampire or any other being which collects the blood, it is until the Vitae is expanded). For the target of the Endowment, "consuming the blood" means that it entered the body of the target in any possible way.

In additions for the Empathic conncetion, the Endowment also allows the character to add her dots in the Endowment to any rolls of Manipulation and attack rolls which are done against the target. The exception is the case of family members, which are immune to those effects unless they were also Blood Bound by the effects of the Endowment directly or has consumed the character's blood. In the case that the blood was consumed or that it was Blood Bound, the character may at any moment "burn" her blood, dealing one level of Aggravated Damage per dot in the Endowment. That effect destroys the empathic connection and breaks the Blood Binding.

The effects of Blood Binding also extend to any being who steals the vitality of another, like the Owls or psychic vampires. It also allows that character to buy Telepathy and Extraordinary Perception Psychic Merits, although those function only toward targets who were Blood Bound.

I now blog in here

Comment

Also, decided to switch Maiden and Mother. It really works better thematically.

I now blog in here

Comment

and now all the orphans who were left behind

Hashshashin's Dance (1-5)
                              by using a combination of meditation, drugs and prayer, the hunter is ready to fight his Holy War against the abominations of the night. Roll a Meditation roll and add your dots in the Endowment for the Dicepooll. In case of Dramatic Failure, the hunter loose control and starts attacking anyone in sight. A Success means the hunter may choose one of the following Modes- Knife (or attack mode), Cloak (or defense mode), Stone (or health mode), Candle (or resistance mode) or Crown (for mental mode). The hunter then gains a bonus equal to the number of Successes according to the desired Mode for 2 hours per dot in the Dance (only one Mode can be activated is any time)
                              Knife- add the bonus to attack rolls
                              Cloak- add the bonus to the defense trait
                              Stone- add a number of Health levels equal to the bonus
                              Candle- you the bonus as a supernatural resistance trait
                              Crown- add the bonus to any mental skill roll
                              Exceptional Success means that the duration is doubled.

Legacy Coin (1-5)
                              family means everything- including giving you everything you need, and the House has made a special coin which would help you in getting what you need. Treat your dots in the Endowment as a second Resources Merit, but one which is specialized in getting things which are required to the Vigil. While weapons and ammo are the most common use, one could also pay with it to a certain hotel which helps hiding hunters, informants and snitches who hold precious intelligence and exotic ingredients like the banes of spirits and even the Endowments of other conspiracies (those who take a physical form). That coin may be used at any major hunter organization, although they can also use it to buy your services. It is for the Storyteller to decide which compacts and conspiracies has joined the House, but consider the following as "canon"- TF:V, Lucifuge, Ascending Ones, Cheiron Group, AKD, MM, VASCU, the Union, Null Mysteriis, Network Zero, Ashwood Abbey, Barret Commission, Night Watch, Utopia Now and the Scarlet Watch (if they still exist in your setting). In case you wish to buy an Endowment, you must have 2+[Desired Endowment's rating] dots in the Coin. If the Endowment is consumable (like Elixirs or certain Advanced Armory), you need you buy them again and again but coming to the "office" of the desired organization.

Second Face (1-5)
                              the horrible power of the Hunt Club comes from their ability to through their sins upon another personality which sleeps inside their minds and awaken only when called to the hunt. Each such Endowment is based around a Slasher Undertaking. By expanding Willpower point, the hunter may awaken that hidden self. The hunter must choose a single Undertaking when expanding the Willpower, and can't change it until the effect is ended. If the hunter has 1-3 dots in the Endowment, he enjoys the benefits (and suffer the frailties) of the Ripper Undertaking. If he has more then 3, however, he may choose the Scourge one. While wearing his new "face", the hunter does not need to roll Integrity for any breaking point which is equal or lower then his dots in the Endowment. The effect of the Endowment lasts for a number of hours equal to the dots of the Endowment, although after killing a victim the hunter may choose to end it freely. If the hunter wish to end the effect without killing, he mus roll Willpower. Success means that the effect is terminated. Exceptional Success means that the next time the hunter wishes to end the hunt without killing he can do so without the roll. Failure means that the effect is still on, and while the hunter may try again he suffer -1 modifier for any previous attempt. Dramatic Failure means that the hunter must kill the first victim his Slasher persona targets he finds in his way, and then the effect is terminated.

While in theory the hunter can simply wait for the effect to leave naturally, as long as he didn't killed a victim he must roll Willpower every hour. Failure and Dramatic Failure are equal to the previous roll. Success means that he doesn't need to kill in this hour. Exceptional Success means that the hunter doesn't need to roll for the rest of the duration.

and with it, I finish with the canon groups. Next time, the big orgs who are conspiracies in all but the name! Also- anyone has a suggestion for more groups other then the 3 that I've listed?

I now blog in here

Comment

Working...
                              X