No announcement yet.

Moving Up the Tiers 2!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Heart Pharmaceuticals? Are they another Alchemist guild from Promethean 2E?

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Deionscribe View Post
      White Heart Pharmaceuticals? Are they another Alchemist guild from Promethean 2E?
      nope- they are a company presented at Falling Scales as the power behind a number of cults, compacts and occult societies. They mainly develop all kinds of vaccines and such, and has some deep connection to occult, especially the Egyptian kind, and are outright said to have contact with some of the most ancient monsters of CofD.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

My new flagship project- Vigilant Times! Take a look and feel free to help

Comment

Ahh. And is Falling Scales a Dark Eras chapter? I can't recall whether or not it is.

"My Homebrew Hub"
        Age of Azar
        The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Falling Scales is a two part SAS for the general CofD setting, made especially for mortals (although it includes options for adapting it to all gamelines up to Geist), which goes around mortals revealing the supernatural and the secret maneuvers preformed by the company.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

Comment

The Emerald Crucible: Amulet of Eternity (0-00000)
            Unlike other alchemists, the Crucible are not a selfish group- their goal is helping humanity as whole to transcend the limitations of their physical body and stave off death. While alchemists could gain such gift through their research of the Fire and harvesting the humors of prometheans, most of mankind are not alchemists- and those who help them in their hunt gain some of their gifts. The Amulet of Eternity is a single, 1-5 merit which takes the form of a physical object, usually made out of emerald. The Amulet itself acts as a container of supernatural energy, requiring the user to "charge it up" to make it useful. In order to do so, there are two ways- the first is investing Willpower points into the Amulet (it can't hold more Willpower than its rating). The second is by using the humors of a promethean, which usually requires the help of an alchemist at dissecting the monster and harvesting the Fire from it. Doing so replenish the Amulet's energy ton its maximal amount.

Once the Amulet was charged, it has the following effects- first, as long as it holds at least one point of energy in it and is held by the hunter, she would not age. Removing the Amulet would make her rapidly age to her chronological age. Second, the effective amount of energy invested in the Amulet is treated as a Supernatural Tolerance trait to help the hunter fight supernatural effects. Third, and most important, the energy of the Amulet could be used in order to enhance the hunter's body and transcend her usual limitation. By spending a single energy dot from the Amulet, she can either enhance one of her Attributes by one for the next Scene, heal one level of Lethal Damage, remove a single personal Tilt which is caused by physical or mental harm or suppress a Persistent Condition for a Scene. The Amulet can by charged at any moment by spending the Willpower cost. All such effects require a physical contact between the hunter and her Amulet.

Order of the Four Cornered Seal: Gu (0--00000)
            after years of investigating poisons, sickness and madness, the alchemists of the cursed Order learned how to disrupt their own, natural harmony into creating an artificial imbalance by refining special poisons out of vermin- poisons which grant their hunters both power and curse. The practice of Gu requires an alchemist to preform the traditional ritual (trapping venomous vermin together and let them kill each other until only one is left) and extract the refined poison. The hunter then consume the poison and roll for Stamina+Gu to resist the effects. In case of failure, he suffer from one level of Lethal Damage (Dramatic Failure turns it aggravated, for not only the poison wasn't refined but also charged with dangerous occult energy). In case of Success the hunter may choose any Dread Power whose rating is equal or lesser then her Gu rating. Mixing the poison with promethean humors grants +2 modifier for the roll. Once manifesting the same power 4 times in that way, the character may choose to turn it into a permanent power, which takes the form of a black tattoo shaped like the animal which was used for the ritual. The effective rating of all permanent Dread Powers can not be greater than her Gu dots, although she may switch such Powers with new ones after following the conditions, which creates new tattoos but won't remove the old ones. Temporary Dread Powers last for 10*[6- Dread Power] minutes once the poison is taken, and use Bashing Damage is fuel for their effects. Each Dread Power, both permanent and temporary, force a negative Condition or Personal Tilt upon the character as long as it is in effect.
            Last edited by LostLight; 08-31-2016, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Titgwai Gang- Gisei [0-00000]
              The gang worship the ghost goddess of the train stations, giving her sacrifices in exchange for future gain. Those sacrifices allowed the Tek tek to grow in power, and she fulfilled her part of the deal. Gisei is a single, 1-5 merit, symbolizing the strength of connection the hunter has with the sacrifices she gives to herself. Once sacrificing a desired object through burning (as the traditional sacrfices for the dead) the cultist may then roll for Gisei+Occult+Manipulation. In case of Dramatic Failure, the Tek tek shows her displeasure, blocking the use of the Merit for a number of hours equal to 6-MCI. In case of Success, the cultist may spend one Willpower point in order to call upon the object for a number of days equal to her Gisei. In case it was a weapon, the summoned object deals Aggravated damage. Those items may interact with the Twilight. The cultist may also decide that instead of gaining the item itself he prefers to gain a more abstract benefit. In case of Success, you get the benefit of a single Merit for the duration of the Endowmet, with a rating equal or less than your Gisei. You may not have two such Merits active in the same time. Sacrificing a kishamono gives you +2 for the rolls. Exceptional Success would give you one such temporary Merit dot. Supernatural items destroyed through Gisei could be accessed even after the duration has ended, considering the roll was successful.

Precinct 44- Auctoritas [0-00000]
              Authority, not truth, makes the law, and the bad cops of Precinct 44 know to to use theirs. Whenever preforming a Social Maneuver, you may spend a Willpower point in order to lower the amount of needed Doors by [Endowment]. In an addition, the cop may roll for Endowment+Manipulation and expand a Willpower point. In case of Success, the target treats fearing the cop as a Vice and obeying him as an Aspiration. Exceptional Success gives him a point of Willpower. Dramatic Failure makes the character immune to the influence of Auctoritas. Finally, when forcing a door, the cop may use half of his Endowment (rounded up) as a modifier for the roll.

still thinking about the other Violent Groups. Some of them are pretty hard to do, as they are clearly not player material.

Comment

Working...
              X