Twin Peaks as Hunter game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Peaks as Hunter game

As I'm rewatching series for next year season 3, I'm thinking about Twin Peaks as example for the low-level Hunter game. Even if we have a Compact ( Bookhouse Boys ) and Conspiracy ( VASCU ), their all member feel cut off from their powerbases, more like lone cell inside dark mountains - so still Tier 1 game, in my POV.

More to think about it, the Darkness that is sournding town and lives of it's citizens is very much some Astral menes, maybe an Acamoth, destroying people near it's resting place.

So what are your ideas on Twin Peaks as inspirations for Hunter?
    Last edited by wyrdhamster; 05-31-2015, 09:17 AM.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
    My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

I think this is an excellent little idea - assuming you're not the sort of person who just doesn't like such conversion games on principle - I'm not one of those people!

There's plenty of material to work and if you combine it with the rich toolbox material of the nWoD, I think you can create something pretty cool. I think the best thing to do would be to not be too slavishly tired to the source material and play with the themes and natures of the TP's complex world of characters and plots.

Off the top of my head, the new material for Beast seems to be well suited to this sort of setting. With reference to the Darkness (and perhaps seeing the influence of this early idea upon the computer game Alan Wake), the Darkness could be some sort of intrusion of the Primal Dream into area around the town, perhaps infecting the dreamscapes of the town's residents in various ways. I mean, just remember the effects of various things upon Laura and her mother (and Leland, but in a different way) in the series, this could easily be re-imagined as the predation of some kind of Nightmare creature or Beast Soul or even a potent example of one of the Unfettered. In crossover land, the darkness's intrusion could be the result of some nasty form of mage/scelesti sorcery that went awry leaving a particularly nasty wound in the fabric of the tapestry around the area. The Black Lodge could be the old Lair of any number of Unfettered, perhaps all one time members of the same pack (or whatever Beast groups are called). Again, a little artistic license with the original material is called for!

Inferno style demons and other such creatures of spiritual wounds might also be prime candidates for the big bad. I'm reminded of the part from Shadow of the UK that mentions the Shadow reflection of the house Fred and Marie West once lived. In that the now demolished house still exists as a Shadow echo of its material counterpart. The house is titanically evil and could serve as the gateway for who knows what. A similar 'murder house' could be the seat of Bob's reign of terror and the entrance into the Black Lodge.

Have you seen him?

Comment

Watching series, I would assume that Bob works betters as Rank 2 ghost that has Anchors in living decedents.

Conquest of Paradise - Fan Dark Era about Portugal and Spain conquests in XVI century - Mage & Beast ( & Hunter )
      My Hubs - VtR 2E System Hacks, MtAw 2E Legacies and System Hacks & WtF 2E Lodges and System Hacks

Comment

Working...
      X