• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Nimrod Movement

The Nimrod Movement

The Human Spirit

[a cog shattered to two by a lightning]

The members of the secret cult has gathered together, finally on the verge of achieving their years long goal. It wasn't an easy deed- they had to find and recruit the right people, draw the complicated diagrams without a flaw, chant the sacred verses in the alien language for years by years and eventually get their hand to the right materials to create the perfect, 44 holy blades. Now, the only thing they needed was blood- once the chosen victims would be cut by their knives, the glory of God would descend upon its faithful and they would return to Heaven. Right before they left to preform the massacre, a being of holy light has manifested out of thin air- a radiant angel. Most of the cult has screamed with joy- seeing it as a sign for God's support- although the leaders saw it with suspicion. It was not a part of the plan. Suddenly, the angel drew its blade, and the screams turned into silence. Moving like a breeze of wind, the angel cut through each of God's faithful, killing each and every one of them. Then, after finishing its mission, it burned down the place and vanish like he never was- giving humanity another victory against its "God"

More an ideology than an organization, the "Human Spirit" (or "Ruakh Ha'Enoshut" in Hebrew), as they officially call themselves, is a recent political movement which first showed up in the city of Tel Aviv. Founded by a charismatic woman called Nofar Levinstein, they movement was a radical organization from the political left wing, who called to fight against the Israeli "status que" between religion and state, in an attempt to fulfill a vision of a society unbound by religious and national symbolism.

Out of faith that the government was corrupted, the young movement has participated in all kinds of protests for peace and social justice. At first they were similar to many other left wing organizations, until one day their turning point has came- Nofar got an "invitation" to an underground protest in the southern city. While the group has participated and organized a number of relatively weird protests, nothing has prepared them them to that one- for some reason, all of the protesters had to cover themselves in oil, and they all gathered around a huge pile of metal as their leader called verses from an old book. Seeing it is too religious than their agenda support it to be, the group wished to leave- yet the guardians didn't let the,. It was a time for change, they said. It was the time to bring the revolution and call down their god. Before Nofar could convince them, she noticed behind her. She turned around, and to her horror she saw that a form has started to take shape in the pile- an clockwork like, angelic being.

Once the initial shock has passed, Nofar felt every nerve in her body screams one thing- that she had to destroy that abomination before it would be too late. She stormed toward the cultists, her friends behind her- punching and kicking the surprised folk while they ran cult's leader. It was not an easy task, but thankfully the cultists were unarmed- and eventually she managed to get to the leader, take his book and to throw him into the screaming metal. Afterward, the Spirit escaped, leaving the cultists to the mercy of their mad, dying god.

Few days after the event, Nofar has tried to read the book, but unfortunately she found the book written in an alien, illogical language- she felt like she should have known it, yet it felt like her mind just erased the information while reading. She only managed to read the title- the Original Book of the Angel Raziel. Just as she was on the verge of giving up, she found a part she did managed to understand- it was a a story about Nimrod, the first man to stand against God's might, and how he whispered to His angels in order to force the human will and spirit upon them so they would build for him the Tower of Babel. And right after that, there was a description of how he managed to do.

After a number of weeks has passed, she came to the movement's meeting holding the book. She told them that they have wasted their efforts on the wrong enemy- it wasn't the government who ruined their life, nor the right winged politicians or even the Haredim and the rest of the religious people- instead, it was God. Or, more exactly, it was something powerful enough to be called as "God" and be worshiped as such, something that used angels to enforce its dark will and maintain the status quo. By enslaving its angels, they could free mankind from its terrible grasp and allowing humanity to finally choose its fate without being manipulate, and as long as they won't deal with that "God" their vision would never be fulfilled. Of course, her friends immediately thought she was crazy at. After she summoned an angel, however, they changed their mind.

That was the moment when the Nimrod Movement was born. While Nofar is still their leader, she doesn't try to keep all the power to herself- instead, she taught everyone in the group the secret rites which help her bind and manipulate and agents of God. Thanks to the social media, the group has even managed to cross the sea and find similar minded individuals around the globe. While they are lacking a strong leadership or resources, they are united together by their shared goal- that one day, mankind would free itself from the manipulations of higher powers, and God would fall- never to rise again.

0- you are fresh member of the Movement and you have joined the quest to bring down God. You can spend merits points on the Enochian Whispers merit
    000- you have fought against the the soldiers of God and learned to fight against its gentle manipulations. Get the Indomitable merit for free.
    00000- you have disrupted so many of God's projects that you have learned to see the patterns. Get the Unseen Senses (Infrastructures) merit for free.

Endowment: Enochian Whispers (0-00000)

Thanks to the stolen secrets of the Book of Raziel, the members of the growing compact has learned how to summon, command or disrupt angels. Enochian Whispers is considered to be a single Supernatural Merit, yet it can be used in 3 different ways. Each such function requires chanting the verses in "Enochian" (the language of angels), and all use the merit as dice pool.

Summoning
    Dice Pool: [Occult + Enochian Whispers]
    Action: Instant
    Dramatic Failure: The hunter has summoned an angel- which has the mission to check who was foolish enough to defy God's will.
    Failure: The ritual has failed. The hunter may try again, but would suffer -1 die penalty for each failure in the same day, as the Heavens feel the disturbance.
    Success: The ritual was successful and an angel shows up, even without the Conditions which are usually needed for manifestation. Yet, the angel still has the mission it had before the hunter forced it to come before him, so the summoner must to try and command it.
    Exceptional Success: The hunter has summoned a "blank" angel, and can automatically give it a mission to fulfill.

Command
    Dice Pool: [Persuasion + Enochian Whispers]
    Dramatic Failure: The hunter managed to "reprogram" the angel- but it misunderstood the hunter's intention. For example, if the hunter wants it to stop an enemy from killing him, the angel may decide that the best way to do so is by killing him first.
    Failure: The ritual has failed, and the angel may see the hunter as a threat.
    Success: The ritual was successful and the hunter may give the angel a single mission he wants it to fulfill. After finishing the mission, the angel vanishes back to heaven.
    Exceptional Success: The angel recognizes the hunter as its "God", allowing the hunter to give it a number of missions equal to his dots in [Enochian Whispers]

Vanquish
    Dice Pool: [Intimidation + Enochian Whispers]
    Dramatic Failure: The hunter chants the wrong commands and attacks his own soul, suffering 1 level of Bashing damage.
    Failure: nothing happens
    Success: The hunter chants commands of self destruction, and cause 1 level of Lethal damage per success to any angel who hears them
    Exceptional Success: same as regular success, only that the damage is Aggravated
    Last edited by LostLight; 07-10-2015, 05:51 AM.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Shouldn't the Angel fall as consequence of the hacking? And how can the Movement avoid the direct attention of the GM, who takes a dim view about people messing with his Infrastructures?

Comment

This is because the angel doesn't defy its mission- the hunter simply program it to have a new one. If you think about angels as computers, then the hunters don't "hack" or "program" the angels- they use a user friendly platform in order to command them, like a keyboard or something. That is what the Book of Raziel is in my chronicles- a manual which allow you to manipulate Infrastructures and angels. And as you can see, the Movement can draw the attention of the GM- that's what happen when they fail to summon an angel. While they present a problem, acting directly against them may be dangerous to the Machine- after all, it doesn't know how much of the Book they can read, and sending angels after them may end up more of a problem than a solution considering they can control them.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Is the Book of Raziel the work of a Fallen who wanted to passed his knowledge to Nofar so she and her followers would become a thorn in the side of the Machine?

Comment

this is for your interpretation. In my own Chronicles, the Book of Raziel is the work of the first Exile (the angel Raziel) who passed the secret knowledge of the God Machine to humanity so they may one day "fix" the Machine and give it a purpose. For that, Raziel has helped creating the conspiracy called Raziel LtD. Now- are the Nimrod Movement a part of his plan? Did he manipulated the original cult into being in a key position for Nofar to steal the book? Or maybe the God Machine was the one who wanted her to get the book from a cult of Raziel for its own agenda? Or perhaps it was a Demon who wanted to screw with both of their plans? Did the cultists sent Nofar the invitation, or was it someone else? Those questions are left open just as the nature of the book. If you are asking me, the foundation of the Movement by Nofar and her getting the book was something no one has planned for. It was simply the unpredictable nature of humanity at its finest. Having the Movement manipulated by someone else would undermine their very theme.

(also, the Book of Raziel the Angel is a real book, with the Original being a real legend. Google it)

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Can the summoner choose a particular Angel (assuming she knows him or his cover), or at least an Angel with the powers and skillset she needs for the mission?

Comment

the hunter can't summon a specific type of angel- only a general type (like and Hunter angel, or a guardian angel, or the other 2 types which I don't remember right now)

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Stereotypes:
                Task Force- VALKYRIE- "Everything that is wrong in this world. If they really care about protecting their people, why should they hide in the shadows? I won't be surprised to discover that some else is pulling their strings.."
                Network-0- "We have come in touch with a number of those guys while searching the net. We and them share a fair number of understandings- but how can they just watch and not do anything?"
                Malleus Maleficarum- "We have heard about people who can call down "God's Blessing" to help them to "fight against the devil". If those are just rumors, they are just fools who are stuck a millennium ago. If it is true- they are fools who sacrifice their own freedom for a being who couldn't care less if they'll live or die. Don't worry- ion our New Babylon, there are no fools"
                Habibti Ma- "The proof that things like ethnicity and nationality are just things lies which try to separate us. While our countries are not is such warm relationships, since our first contact with them we have managed doing some great things together. Too bad some of them can't let go of their religious tapping"
                Raziel LtD- "Mercenaries who murder the innocents for money, and claim moral superiority on us out of "loyalty to the state"! I've heard that their weapons and our rites come from the same source. If that's the case, maybe if we would manage to translate the damn book we could break their "technology" and end their existence once and for all..."
                HaKollel Shel HaMerkava- "when the first people saw the sun, the lightning and the fire, they fell on their knees and believed them to be gods. You are doing the same, and you would have known it if you were to study something besides Torah. God is a lifeless mechanism, and you just worship the Fire in its engines"

You can stop praying for your God. He doesn't care about you. Don't worry- once I'll finish with you, He'll be next
                Last edited by LostLight; 09-07-2017, 11:18 AM.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

What do they think of demons, I wonder? (And vice-versa). I can see a case for every reaction under the sun, which might mean they go case-by-case, but you can't really trust demons, and demons might have trouble trusting people who want to make slaves of angels.

Comment

yep- considering they have a compact like mentality (that is, there is no central agenda or way of action as long as they work toward the same goal), the interaction is very dependent on the hunter and the demon is question. The dilemma demons stand in front is that from one side, they are a very useful tool in creating their own Hell (or New Babylon, as the Movement see it). On the other side, there is the fact that the angels they command do not Fall- meaning, the way they interact with the God Machine is scary- very, very scary. From the hunter's point of view, a demon could be a good ally at fighting against the influence of God, but they also wish humanity to be free from both Heaven and Hell. Demons, with their ability to steal the lives of others and enslave people through terrible Pacts, are something which the members of the Movement would find as disgusting.

In short, there are many reasons the two won't like each other- but considering that they share an enemy that either of them can't win alone, there is a very likely chance that they would work together.. for a time.

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                      In short, there are many reasons the two won't like each other- but considering that they share an enemy that either of them can't win alone, there is a very likely chance that they would work together.. for a time.
                      Ironically, the two Agendas I can most easily see working with the Human Spirit are the Integrators and Saboteurs - the latter for the obvious reason, the former because a book that can hack angels may be able to change the God-Machine itself into something that neither humans nor demons need fear. The Tempters are the least likely in my eyes - they're just smaller versions of the God-Machine going by the Nimrod Movement's philosophy, enslaving people and using them as raw materials to build their nests - while from the Tempter's perspective, the Nimrod Movement is more of a variable than they'd be comfortable having around.

Comment

sounds legit

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

sale me on the nimrod becuase i might use this but im unable to pick so purely endowment wise what are its pros and cons i know i sound stupid but i need another point of view please
                          Last edited by Ameraaaaaa; 06-01-2017, 08:46 AM. Reason: sald able i meant unable

Comment

pros: you gain control over angels and turn them against their maker

cons: the God Machine really hates you- but it's mutual

My Homebrew Signature

I now blog in here

Comment

how powerful guys are angels

Comment

Working...
                              X