Expanded Endowment - Goetic Gospels [Knights of St. George]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expanded Endowment - Goetic Gospels [Knights of St. George]

Say, has anyone ever tried to do some homebrew additions to the Knights' Goetic Gospels? I kind of feel a bit bummed out that their Endowments are not as numerous as, say, the Castigation rituals of the Lucifuge or the Relics possessed by Aegis Kai Doru.

"My Homebrew Hub"
    Age of Azar
    The Kingdom of Yamatai

One thing I noticed is that pretty much all of their endowments are anti-magic and only one of them is geared towards doing straight up damage. You've got 13 different flavors of anti-magic, but in terms of straight up burning the witches a Knight of St. George usually have to rely on mundane equipment. I've thought about the two missing endowments from the Gospel of Beleth, and one of them could summon a demon that ignites a mage's mana setting them on fire and causing aggravated damage for every point of mana they had. I've imagined the 5 dot endowment as summoning a straight up Gulmoth that just starts dragging mages and other people in the vicinity into the Abyss.

Comment

Originally posted by Zolace View Post
      One thing I noticed is that pretty much all of their endowments are anti-magic and only one of them is geared towards doing straight up damage. You've got 13 different flavors of anti-magic, but in terms of straight up burning the witches a Knight of St. George usually have to rely on mundane equipment. I've thought about the two missing endowments from the Gospel of Beleth, and one of them could summon a demon that ignites a mage's mana setting them on fire and causing aggravated damage for every point of mana they had. I've imagined the 5 dot endowment as summoning a straight up Gulmoth that just starts dragging mages and other people in the vicinity into the Abyss.

Okay, those two homebrew Endowments sound pretty scary. Did you ever make any mechanics for them? I'm also curious if anyone ever formulated new Gospels for the Knights to learn.

"My Homebrew Hub"
      Age of Azar
      The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Arbiter of Hate (4 dots)
        Description: The dragonslayer summons a demon of hatred that ignites a witch's own Source, turning the witch's own power against her and burning her with it.
        Cost: 2 Willpower + 1 point of lethal damage
        Action: Contested.
        Dice Pool: Strength + Goetic Gospels vs. Resolve + Gnosis.
        Roll Results:
        Dramatic Failure: The hunter's own wrath turns against him, setting him on fire and doing the same type and amount of damage as a Molotov cocktail.
        Failure: The demon of wrath fails to materialize.
        Success: The hunter receives more successes, and the demon of hatred burns one dot of Source/Mana for every success the hunter got. The witch receive 1 aggravated damage for every point of Source lost this way.
        Exceptional Success: The witch looses all source regardless of the number of successes made by the hunter and receives aggravated damage equal to the number of dots of Source she had plus the knight's dot rating in Goetic Gospels.
        Knight must see the witch in question.

Demon of the Abyss (5 dots)
        Description: The ultimate weapon against witches. Most knights who invoke this demon do not survive the summoning. The intensity with which they must mortify their flesh is often too much. The knight's own allies must protect the knight who performs this ritual from damage lest he not be able to complete it. Even if they succeed the demons that come through may kill the hunter and his comrades along with the witches. Through severe castigation a knight can summon a powerful demon who rips open a gulf between our world and the Abyss, drawing the creatures from within towards this opening. This is usually a weapon of desperation against seemingly hopeless odds.
        Cost: 4 Willpower + 4 points of lethal damage (1 point each per round of combat)
        Action: Extended (number of successes equals 10, each roll represents 1 round of combat or its equivalent time period for 4 rounds)
        Dice Pool: Resolve + Goetic Gospels
        Roll Results:
        Dramatic Failure:
        The hunter dies without having summoned anything.
        Failure: The demon of the abyss fails to manifest.
        Success: A rift opens up to the Abyss, allowing Gulmoth to come out. Strength and/or number of Gulmoth are determined by number of successes. Gulmoth attack everyone in scene randomly. Portal to the Abyss closes at end of scene even if the summoning hunter died in combat.
        Exceptional Success: Same above except Gulmoth are attracted to witches only and will make an effort to drag them back through the opening into the Abyss.

Comment

Whoa. Okay, I am really impressed by this. You mind if I use this for my stuff?

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

I hold no copyrights and make no money off of this. On top of that I'm actually flattered when people want to use my ideas. So yes, I wouldn't mind anyone taking these ideas and running with them.

Comment

Cool. Thanks

"My Homebrew Hub"
              Age of Azar
              The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

I don't know how I missed that thread, but I an older one I've wrote some sort of "Final Gospel" for the Knights. I called it-

The Faceless Gospel (00000, Geotic Gospels)

"I wish I had an angel,
                For one moment of love..
                I wish I had your angel,
                Your Virgin Mary undone!
                I'm in love with my lust,
                Burning angel wings to dust!
                I wish I had your angel tonight!"

That Gospel is the Knights most secret technique, known only by those who have mastered the dreams of their sleeping gods. In many ways, that Gospel is different from all other Gospels known by the Knights- first, unlike the other Gospels, it is not a number of different powers built upon each other, and instead it is a single, terrifying power (which is represented by by having a fixed, 5 dots price instead of the regular 1-5). Second, while those who lack the understanding of the greater powers behind the Gospel are in danger from learning that power, those who saw the dreams of their Angels are safe, more or less- and instead of breaking their minds entirely, it devours them slowly, piece by piece (so any hunter who doesn't know 5 dots in the other Gospels would gain 1 Persistent Condition per dot beyond 5, those who know 5 dots would not- but instead would suffer an Integrity Breaking Point every time they use the Gospel. Having less than 5 dots in the other Gospels doesn't protect you from treating the use of the Endowment as a Breaking Point.). Finally, unlike the other Gospels, this one doesn't revolve around conquering your Vice and use it as your weapon.

It is about your Virtues.

While usually the hunter use himself in order to channel his inner Virtue and fight his demons, in order to sue that Gospel the Knight becomes the "demon" and fight his Virtue, his Angel. However, he must not win that battle, and instead he must humbly allow the Angel to purge his demons out of his body, which burn his soul with searing pain (which is represented by the Price for the Gospel). Once the hunter accept the right of his Virtue to judge his soul, he could call his inner Angel into the world to destroy those who fell victim to their Vices.. and as you can guess, that "Angel" is Faceless.

The Dots in that Gospel are not considered in order to calculate the number of dice added to Dice Pools which use the Geotic Gospel trait.

Cost: 1 Willpower and 1 point of Aggravated Damage (per minute)
                Action: Instant
                Dice Pool: Resolve + Geotic Gospels

Dramatic Failure: the Knight misunderstand the way the Gospel work, and conquer his own Virtue- a thing which must not be done. Not only the Hunter suffer from the Cost as normal, be he also falls into a catatonic state for 24 hours, where his soul travels in the dreams of the Faceless Angels without the protection of his higher self, gaining automatically one Persistent Condition.

Failure: The hunter lose his internal strife to the Angel, but accept his defeat. Nothing happens.

Success: The Knight has managed to accept his defeat, and the Angel is manifested, for better or worse. As long as the Angel is present, all magics fail in a radius of 10 meters- spells stop working, relics lose their might, enchantments break apart. Witches may try to resist the effects of the Angelic presence by rolling (Gnosis + Willpower) against the hunter's (Geotic Gospels + Willpower + Faceless Gospel). The presence of the Angel also maddens those who around the Knight- creatures with bestial nature would run away, while sentient beings would suffer from a Breaking Point in their Integrity or their parallel. That include other Knights of Saint George, unless the other Knight has also summoned an Angel. If the Integrity roll is failed, not only the target suffer from the regular effects but would also see a vision of the Angel's true nature- which is never a good thing. The Angel is manifested for a full minute, but the hunter may extend its presence by paying the Cost again, which would give him another minutes every time he does so.

Exceptional Success: The hunter feels the touch of his Faceless patrons and feel bliss, and the pain is mixed with pleasure. He is gaining the Willpower point paid back (he still suffer from the Aggravated Damage) and need only to suffer from damage in order to maintain the Angelic presence.

My Homebrew Signature

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

Oh wow....
                  This definitely is THE "big gun" Endowment of the Knights. Hands down.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                  Age of Azar
                  The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Working...
                  X