Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirit-Claimed

Hello!

I want to allow the players to become Spirit-Claimed, as described in the Book Of Shadows, a being half-human and half-spirit. But I want to do this with some balance, using XP to acquire the Numinas and others abilities. Do you have any sugestion to do this?

Resuming, this being have access to some Numinas as new abilities and the spirits's Power, Resilience and Resistance is distributed for corresponding attribute.

If it is all players then the balance is amongst each other if it is only one you will be ubable to truly have it balanced. Also because it is a blending of mind and body of an otherworldly being it is intended as an antagonist.

My advise is to try going by the book for the claimed rules and ramp up the game in response - after all if a hunter is being claimed there should be a good reason. Other suggestion is to have all the spirits built on the same base line with player input possibly in the spirits outcome.

There is a book like changeing breeds but not that book that does present this in a way. The attribute dots that'd be granted would have a pool that could be bought at discounted rates. So that would be one way you could go if you want it to build up. Also remember though that the bond can be severed and let the pcs know if it gets too ridiculous you will have a narrative reason or event to return them to human (applie sanicity of merits to any experience spent however)

Comment

Skinchangers is the book with rules for the hengeyokai, those empowered by being claimed by fox spirits.

Comment

Originally posted by StSword View Post
        Skinchangers is the book with rules for the hengeyokai, those empowered by being claimed by fox spirits.
        Siten Uzu, if I recall. The fox spirit is trapped inside Naruto style, so the human side remains the dominant one.

Comment

Reading the Immortals book, i guess the Purified template solve my problem!

Thanks anyway for the help!

Comment

Another question envolving this topic: a character want to build something Castiel-like, from Supernatural series.

I know, he is an Angel (and God-Machine Chronicles introduces it). But he wants to add this supernaturals power in his human character, becoming a template (like vampire, werewolves).

We are playing a Hunter campaign. I think use the Spirit-Claimed concept to add in his character (maybe a fanatic-religion spirit that possess his body - he is a priest).

Do you have any suggestions?

Comment

You might use the Possessed, from Inferno. There's an optional rules system for having people possessed by Empyreans, angels not from the God Machine.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
                You might use the Possessed, from Inferno. There's an optional rules system for having people possessed by Empyreans, angels not from the God Machine.
                Inferno? What Inferno? Because I have one handbook with this names, there is Possessed, but nothing about Empyreans.
                The power of possessed in this book is only based on Vices.

Comment

Found it here, in a sidebar, "under my noise". Lol!

Comment

Ok, i read it. But says nothing about the new abilities. Says that have to use Vestments, but the effects of Vestments is always about the Vices.
                    How do you do using based-Virtue method?

Comment

Originally posted by winchester View Post
                      Ok, i read it. But says nothing about the new abilities. Says that have to use Vestments, but the effects of Vestments is always about the Vices.
                      How do you do using based-Virtue method?
                      Homebrew it (or ask for help with that). Empyrean is really an in-the-margins note in Inferno. If you wanted to base it entirely on Inferno/1E, create categories off the seven Virtues, then look at their Vice counterparts. Flip flavor and mechanics for each Vestment as you need.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
                      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

You could re-skin some of the Sloth powers (I can do shit without bothering to get up) as Faith (Faith can move mountains), for example. It's all just a question of perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfive View Post
                          You could re-skin some of the Sloth powers (I can do shit without bothering to get up) as Faith (Faith can move mountains), for example. It's all just a question of perspective.
                          Sure, but somethings doesn't fit. Wrath for Justice....ok. Pride for Diligence...maybe. But I can't find any resemblance with others.
                          Is there a specific list about this?

Comment

Not that I know of. It'll take a bit of shuffling.

Comment

I found this rules in the web. What do you think about it? Is it balanced?

https://pt.scribd.com/document/45011...Possessed-v-01
                              Last edited by winchester; 11-02-2016, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X