Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Conspiracy] Guardians/Haans-Chowdhury Productions, Power Armored and Mech using Hunters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
    Yeah, but why when psychic abilities are a part of the CofD (right in Core, even).

Any thoughts on the Geodics vs ephmerals issue?
    ...Because the armor being able to read the wearer's thoughts to operate it was being used as a justifcation for how they were able to steal and operate the suits from a race that created them? The armor doesn't need to be psychic other than for thought reading or interfacing; the only reason it is so is to justify the lore. That's the out of game reason.

Also, I think it detracts and goes against the theme of the rest of the Tactical battlesuit abilities and doesn't follow the same "above modern" feel of the other battlesuit upgrades. Plus, I'm already trying to wonder how to handle the drones and drone controlling through battlesuits, adding that ontop of the psionics might be pushing it, psychic armor or not.

Geodics are likely to use the Ethereal rules, atleast the attribute parts. Not sure about having a war against spirits using proxies. I honestly don't know if they care about them. One idea I have thought up though was a Brain Uploading backstory, in that Geodics are... were a flesh and blood race one time. There's also the "Impose Order from Chaos" directive, in that they see individual lives competing against one another as a form of chaos; in here there are few "real" Geodics, with the majority of those you see out in the field being "Fragments" of a much greater entity. The goal for this backstory is well... you know Mass Effect's backstory?

Mechs: Because even the Chronicles of Darkness needs robot fights.
    DarkFrame: Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.
    Monarch: The Endless You are an alien ruler, charged with maintaining a people who you shape to suit your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by Almarck View Post
      ...Because the armor being able to read the wearer's thoughts to operate it was being used as a justifcation for how they were able to steal and operate the suits from a race that created them? The armor doesn't need to be psychic other than for thought reading or interfacing; the only reason it is so is to justify the lore. That's the out of game reason.

Also, I think it detracts and goes against the theme of the rest of the Tactical battlesuit abilities and doesn't follow the same "above modern" feel of the other battlesuit upgrades. Plus, I'm already trying to wonder how to handle the drones and drone controlling through battlesuits, adding that ontop of the psionics might be pushing it, psychic armor or not.
      Would changing elements of the Lore help then? Because I can think up other reasons for the initial "steal battlesuits and use them against their makers" that don't implicitly need "techno-magical telepathy for instant use".

Geodics are likely to use the Ethereal rules, atleast the attribute parts. Not sure about having a war against spirits using proxies. I honestly don't know if they care about them.
      The "vs Spirits" was to give a reason why this supposedly mighty race took geological epochs to actually do anything. If the "Earth Invasion" was planned, you'd think they'd do something earlier. A "crash landing" story seems kinda shoddy for beings that can cross stellar/interdimensional distances. But, unless you can see into Twilight, etc., how would you even know about the ephemeral inhabitants of Earth? By showing up and them messing with your plans is one way. Why "employ" some barely tool using monkeys when you have super-tech? Because the hominids actually have some way to interface and affect those pesky Spirits that are fouling things up. Give them some starter toys, and you can shoo away the pests... until the human start using those "toys" on you, that is.

One idea I have thought up though was a Brain Uploading backstory, in that Geodics are... were a flesh and blood race one time. There's also the "Impose Order from Chaos" directive, in that they see individual lives competing against one another as a form of chaos; in here there are few "real" Geodics, with the majority of those you see out in the field being "Fragments" of a much greater entity. The goal for this backstory is well... you know Mass Effect's backstory?
      Yeah, I know it. Of course, I also know how mind-bendingly stupid their eventual root-reasoning was as well. Honestly, the surface motivation fits the Endless more.

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
      Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

I don't think the lore needs changing unless someone else would share similar desire for a revision.

I just don't feel psychic powers outside of pilot reading are needed to be something battlesuits can do. They're meant to be weapons after all. At best the only kind of psychic anything I can see mounted is some sort of Devic psychic emp gun meant to blow up brains.

I also do not see a point in having the Geodics mess with or face spirits in a direct manner as you propose. To me, it seems a tad over complicated since then we'd have to also include them into the setting. Okay they already exist but I don't think they need emphasis on then... I see the flaws in my proposal but I don't think including another nonhuman party works. Do you have something that's more direct and specific to humans?

Also explain the Root reasoning thing pertaining to the endless?
        Last edited by Almarck; 04-07-2016, 03:30 PM.

DarkFrame: Crossover setting that puts Chronicles of Darkness in the far future that is Warframe.
        Monarch: The Endless You are an alien ruler, charged with maintaining a people who you shape to suit your needs.

Comment

I don't think the lore needs changing unless someone else would share similar desire for a revision.

I just don't feel psychic powers outside of pilot reading are needed to be something battlesuits can do. They're meant to be weapons after all. At best the only kind of psychic anything I can see mounted is some sort of Devic psychic emp gun meant to blow up brains.
          <shrug> That's fine. The telepathic interface gave me an idea, but if it doesn't fit the rest of the concept, that's okay.

On that note, if there is enough space, what about another Compact/Conspiracy that does focus on the Mind Tricks?

As for the Lore changing - A couple ideas were more modifications than drastic revisions. Geodics specifically designed the battlesuit interface for human use (but then, why?), or other humans found some other Geodic tech, and worked out how it works, then assisted the "jail break" story (or Group A was playing with Found Geodic Tech for years while the abductions were occurring, then the Hero Who Broke Out was a member of Group A, and used their knowledge of Geodic Tech to hack the controls and <story continues as normal>). - I'll be honest, I'm kinda fond of the head-cannon that Group A found some Geodic "Tutorial" AI's that adopted them as particularly slow Geodic "children". Heck, some of the secret controllers of the Conspiracy might still be those paternal/maternal AIs.

I also do not see a point in having the Geodics mess with or face spirits in a direct manner as you propose. To me, it seems a tad over complicated since then we'd have to also include them into the setting. Okay they already exist but I don't think they need emphasis on then... I see the flaws in my proposal but I don't think including another nonhuman party works. Do you have something that's more direct and specific to humans?
          Numbers? If going with the main Geodic Vessel was damaged, and it was only a skeleton crew operating the "Abduct and Conscript" plan, then enlisting some human slave labor to complete repairs and move materials might have been warranted at the time.

Souls? Maybe human souls (or minds) can serve as "poor-mans" fuel source for the Geodics, at least until they found another source, or got the main generators online.

Comparable mindset/genetics? If you are going with the Upload backstory, maybe there was a problem with the Geodic "population" and they needed new "members" for diversity or templating. Early abductions might have been testing human viability, and Battlesuits were to test how well humans integrate with Geodic Tech (too well, as it turned out).

Also explain the Root reasoning thing pertaining to the endless?
          "Uplifting" seems to be more a thing the Endless might do (with their focus/methodology of assimilation and adaptation), while the Geodics seem more likely to favor complete purging for things that don't fit.
          Last edited by Vent0; 04-07-2016, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Hm... right.

So just explaining the reasons for why things happened.

Well. When I finnally get to work on writing up the Geodics, I'll let you know what I picked....

Comment

Almarck Alright.

Let's continue with the group itself, then.

More modules?

Devic Battlesuit rules?

Interactions with the rest of the Hunter Groups?

How they go about the general Vigil?

Comment

Originally posted by Vent0 View Post
                Almarck Alright.

Let's continue with the group itself, then.

More modules?

Devic Battlesuit rules?

Interactions with the rest of the Hunter Groups?

How they go about the general Vigil?
                I wonder if they have a normal vigil. I mean... I guess they should when protecting their communities/ Company

Devic Battlesuits follow all Mech rules except those they say they don't.

TF:V is probably trying to reverse engineer their tech. Not likely to think positively of Lucifage.

I think we got enough Tactical stuff so later on I'll work on the Devics.

I'm thinking the strongest one would be a singularity cannon. Not so much a weapon that does damage so much as a weapon that fires a slow moving, shortlived "blackhole". It does an instant kill instead of damage, but is probably near suicidal to use since you can often destroy yourself using it.

Comment

I wonder if they have a normal vigil. I mean... I guess they should when protecting their communities/ Company
                  Well, after they "defeated" the Geodics the first time, they needed something to do. Even if they pretty much fell back into effectively a decaying Compact after awhile.

Devic Battlesuits follow all Mech rules except those they say they don't.
                  Okay. Maybe condensing/reiterating those rules here might make sense once everything is done (so those who wish to use the group don't need to cross-reference as much). No urgency for it now.

TF:V is probably trying to reverse engineer their tech. Not likely to think positively of Lucifage.
                  I mostly meant how they interact with other Hunters in general. They are a Conspiracy, which gives them a certain institutional mindset. How do they fit into mixed Cells? How do they work with other Cells? What do other Hunters generally think of them?

I see them interacting with TF:V and Cheiron, Deva Corp, Ashwood Abbey (at least, their British branch interacting with the British Chapters of AA). Maybe some conflicts with AKD (with HCP chasing what they think is old Alien tech, and AKD chasing what they think is a Relic). I can see them working with Network Zero (because of N0's global reach), Null Mysteriis (some compatible mindsets), and maybe the Union (shared "protector" focus).

I think we got enough Tactical stuff so later on I'll work on the Devics.

I'm thinking the strongest one would be a singularity cannon. Not so much a weapon that does damage so much as a weapon that fires a slow moving, shortlived "blackhole". It does an instant kill instead of damage, but is probably near suicidal to use since you can often destroy yourself using it.
                  What about instead of firing one, it just forms it at the target point via an extended action? The danger there is the "targets" moving out of the way before you pull it off (or killing you). And disruption/Failure causes a misfire...
                  Last edited by Vent0; 04-08-2016, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Alright so....

Combat Hover Robot, drone (1)
                    Durability 4, Size 4, Structure 8, Speed 40
                    Expert Systems 5

A small scale tactical robot armed with a submachine gun and enough complexity to automate moving and shooting without human intervention and can easily pick out opponents to engage from noncombatants. For automated combat, it is always treated as Initiative 0, its base firearms dicepool is 5, and has no defense of its own.

The CHR may be taken control of remotely via a remote or through an HCP battlesuit (standard feature), the operator using his own skills and expertise operates the drone as he would his own body. HCP likes to use these machines in places where more numbers are better or when casualties need to be disposable. Made using very minimal Geodic technology, Combat Hover Robots are cheap.

Multitudes of Drones can gathered together and coordinated into a massive Swarm using the Guan Yin Control Module of a Devic.

Comment

Nice. So we are doing drones.

Some general drone ideas:
                      • Ammo capacity? Drones probably aren't designed to carry bunches of spare ammo. Use the Hurt Locker rules? This also allows for Drone Mods to expand ammo capacity (probably at some cost).
                      • Other Drone Mods, like advanced targeting, or expanded options (or maybe it would be a HCP controller Style Merit?) for things like making it give covering fire, flushing targets out from behind cover, or boxing targets in (Teamwork action to Firearms "to hit" rolls)?
                      • Bomb Drones. Costly, but sometimes having an explosive that can crawl itself into dangerous spot and leap upon the target before detonating might be handy.
                      • Support Drones? Simple security (watch your back, harder to ambush), medical help (can prevent bleeding out or carry medical supplies), electronic warfare, etc.?
                      • Heavier "Tank" Drones? Things like heavy weapons platforms, mobile riot shields, mobile "mechanical jellyfish" (if it detects a nearby target, it lashes out with tasers), etc.? Helps protect vulnerable personnel.
                      Last edited by Vent0; 04-18-2016, 01:07 PM.

Comment

So, I was thinking about HCP and why else they might fight with Monarchs and other Monsters. Well, more how they can benefit from them as to why (protecting humanity and the Vigil is enough why).

So, their main thing is Geodic tech reappropriated from before. But it needs fuel for self maintenance. Which isn't in big supply. Maybe that fuel is Psi? Geodics are highly valued for both Psi and new parts, but Monarchs use Psi too, so they can at least serve to refuel existing systems. Other monsters might be useful for "alternative fuel" research.

Comment

Might be a bit of an obvious question to ask, but can you strap modern weapons systems on these suckers as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy254 View Post
                            Might be a bit of an obvious question to ask, but can you strap modern weapons systems on these suckers as well?
                            Tactical suits are power-armor, so you can hold modern weapons. Devic suits are Mech, and you can certainly bolt some on. Drones are drones - limited mostly by their carrying capacity.

HCP have been trying to advance research in the field of robotics, automation, and associated systems so that they can replace more and more of their Suits' components with stuff they can more easily manufacture (than, you know, scavenging from extra-dimensional crystalline aliens).
                            Last edited by Vent0; 08-04-2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

The face of the average bloodsucker when he sees your team "suited" for the occasion

Comment

Originally posted by Raistlin View Post

The face of the average bloodsucker when he sees your team "suited" for the occasion

Who do you think inspired them?

Also yes. You can use modern weapons systems. The mech only weapons were devised specifically to give more punch that traditional weapons didn't offer due to being sized for a human sized opponent.

Comment

Working...
                                X