Hunter 2e: Hunters and Supernatural Merits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dxanders View Post
    I think both the idea of turning endowments into merits and the idea of making endowments potentially available to everyone are great ideas that really play to the strengths of the game.

What I love about Hunter is that it's basically a modular game that covers a whole range of styles and moods. You can either take the setting whole cloth or you can detach the components to tell very specific and focused types of stories. I think detaching the endowments from specific conspiracies (but having each one as the canon specialization for a conspiracy/compact) would nicely parallel the sort of grab bag nature of dread powers.
    I experimented a while back with a system for doing pretty much exactly that. I gave it up though because the more I got into it the more it seemed to be stripping out a lot of the individual flavor from each Conspiracy and Endowment.

That being said I think a single stream-lined system for purchasing Endowments (rather than each one having its own slightly different system) would be a big boon, as well as make it easier to just re-skin an Endowment for another Conspiracy if you wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by K9ine View Post

This is pretty much exactly what I want. Custom monsters, and easy to assemble hunter conspiracies. Have they given any indication they intend to do this?

I'm not sure. I was following open dev pretty closely right when the game was announced, but I haven't really checked in on the updates in months.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitiff Primogen View Post
        I experimented a while back with a system for doing pretty much exactly that. I gave it up though because the more I got into it the more it seemed to be stripping out a lot of the individual flavor from each Conspiracy and Endowment.

That being said I think a single stream-lined system for purchasing Endowments (rather than each one having its own slightly different system) would be a big boon, as well as make it easier to just re-skin an Endowment for another Conspiracy if you wanted to.

Oh yeah. Don't get me wrong. I love that each compact and conspiracy has their own flavor, and I'd make it so the canon setting essentially has each endowment tied to a specific compact/conspiracy; but I'm all about rules that make modular conversion easier, especially if it's partnered with potential mechanical disadvantages and setting flavor.

If I were to homebrew a system, I'd probably partner each endowment with suggested recurring or persistent conditions. Continued use of castigation could force integrity checks. Thamatech might trigger nausea or specific derangements depending on the type of tech. Elixirs come with increasingly more severe addictions. etc. etc. etc.
        Last edited by dxanders; 09-20-2016, 02:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dxanders View Post

I'm not sure. I was following open dev pretty closely right when the game was announced, but I haven't really checked in on the updates in months.
          http://theonyxpath.com/open-dev-clos...e-submissions/

This is the last post we had on hunter. Since then radio static, but the dev did say they had alot of traveling to do in August.
          Last edited by Omegaphallic; 09-20-2016, 05:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Omegaphallic View Post

http://theonyxpath.com/open-dev-clos...e-submissions/

This is the last post we had on hunter. Since then radio static, but the dev did say they had alot of traveling to do in August.

Cool, thanks. Yeah, it's probably in that weird, busy early phase where they're hammering out the specifics and experimenting with what will go and what will stay.

Comment

Working...
            X