No announcement yet.

Looking for ideas for a compact or conspiracy that wants to uphold a status quo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for ideas for a compact or conspiracy that wants to uphold a status quo

Right! So as the title says...In my campaign, I'm looking to give the players an option to side with a group that feels that while the supernatural can be very dangerous, there's no way to eradicate all of it. Nor would they want to. A status quo is far better than a reality where Vampires rule everything. Do any of you have experience with organizations like that? I'm pretty new when it comes to DMing World of Darkness stuff, so I was hoping for some help in the matter!

On the grander scale, fits well with Task Force: VALKYRIE, who definitely prioritize their targets, are more focused on effects on the homeland than a spiritual or ideological crusade, and are often ordered not to pursue various supernatural beings who are integrated with the status quo and presumably cooperating on some level, however corrupt.

On the more intimate scale, it fits with the Union, which is very parochial and practical in orientation. The Union is susceptible to a mob mentality, but it's focused around the local community. They don't go out of their way to pursue monsters past city limits, and they're fairly inclined to form friendly relations with any benign local witches or other supernaturals who use their power to help members of the community.

Comment

Oh, thanks! VALKYRIE's approach sounds like something I can use, then! Is there any more info on the Task force aside from the core book and the Conspiracies and Compacts book?

Comment

Originally posted by Cordayne View Post
        Oh, thanks! VALKYRIE's approach sounds like something I can use, then! Is there any more info on the Task force aside from the core book and the Conspiracies and Compacts book?
        Several of the Hunter books contain references to Task Force Valkyrie in terms of their relationship with whatever subject the book is covering, but the lions share of the material is in Hunter core and C&C.

Comment

The Malleus, in practice, is most likely very practical when it comes to their target and goals. Of course then the trick is playing to the official Church line at the same time.

Comment

If you're interested in unofficial material have a look at the Lord Stewards, click Dream Catchers in my signature. Some reworking may be needed if you set the game outside the United Kingdom.

“There are no rules. Only Principles and natural laws.” - Promethius
            My Homebrew no longer fits in a signature, you can find an index of it here.
            Full length fan-books I contributed too: Princess: the Hopeful, Leviathan: the Tempest, Dream Catchers

Comment

Working...
            X