Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alex Joneses of the CofD: What are some of the craziest conspiracies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Joneses of the CofD: What are some of the craziest conspiracies?

Devil worshiping pedophiles basically run the New World Order. [....] They love death and they love killing babies.
    I've been reading conspiracy theories lately, because whoa boy, that's some crazy shit, and it's interesting as heck and also terrifying even if it's insane and makes no sense. In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's more terrifying when it makes no sense, it's David Lynchian.
    And I've also been thinking about what that kind of thing would be like in a setting made of conspiracies, where the conspiracies are real. While they're not aliens or Jews (or Jewish Aliens), there are groups secretly pulling the strings. So what do the cranks of the WorldChronicles of Darkness rave about on talk radio and green ink websites? Sure, it's easy to just slot the Antagonists into the existing Conspiracy slots ("The God-Machine is building One World Government, WAKE UP SHEEPLE!"), but that's a little boring. I'm more interested in turning the kinds of OOC fan theories people have into the ravings of a madman.

So what are your weirdest, least reasonable fan theories? What is something that a mortal could spout on the radio and get away with because it's just so insane that the Vampires and Mages feel like it hides the Masquerade behind unbelievable doomsayer prophecies? Specifically, the crossover ones are most interesting. Is the God-Machine a creation of the Exarchs? Is Luna the Dark Mother?

I figure the Hunter subforums were most fitting, since this kind of clued in ("Clued in") mortal--whose knowledge of the setting is the same as someone who skimmed through all the supplements, forgot half of it, and is convinced they know the truth--would fit best as a Hunter character, or perhaps an NPC in Hunter.

This is honestly kinda hard to ponder, because frankly how much more insane can you get beyond Alex Jones?

Comment

Actually, I really do think the Exarchs built the God-Machine.

My name is Colleen. My favorite song is "Wildwood Flower." My ambition is to write the complete history of the White Wolf/Onyx Path universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy254 View Post
        This is honestly kinda hard to ponder, because frankly how much more insane can you get beyond Alex Jones?
        Agreed. The closest I can come to that is taking a real Alex Jones level conspiracy theory and seeing how it comes close to the truth in the CofD, but is still very wrong, kind of like how the overarching plot of Scooby Doo: mystery incorporated was inspired by and referenced the writings of Zecharia Sitchin (along with heaping scoops of Lovecraft, classic and modern horror movies and twin peaks). but still had Zach get a lot of stuff wrong.

My Savannah Setting for CofD can be found here

My heroes as monster tamers rules for BtP can be found here

Comment

Ancient Mages built the God Machine to replace Father Wolf in keeping out malevolent spirits, particularly True Fae.

Comment

Darkblade gets it.
            The Dark Mother is Luna! Wake up, Sheeple!
            The Carthians are in bed with the Circle of the Crone, undermining the First and Second Estate

Comment

Originally posted by Aspel View Post
              Darkblade gets it.
              The Dark Mother is Luna! Wake up, Sheeple!
              The Carthians are in bed with the Circle of the Crone, undermining the First and Second Estate
              No, the Dark Mother is Luna's sister, and the idigam are her firstborn children. Get your heads out of the sand, Uratha! The Begotten are lying through their teeth to you! All that "family meal" and "kinship" talk is just a cover! They are planning to join with their elder siblings and wipe you all out!

Haberdasher's Requiem Conversions and Homebrew

Comment

The God Machine is running a tabletop game, and all the character PCs are the writers and creators of the Chronicles of Darkness. The game is about the PCs trying to make a successful RPG business based on the urban fantasy/horror genres. The PCs's PCs and creations, however, are growing sentient and aware of the God Machine.

Comment

Working...
                X