From Monsters to Hunters [Setting Hack]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From Monsters to Hunters [Setting Hack]

Disclaimer- this is not about monsters who work with hunters, as hunters or anything like that. If that is what you are seeking, feel free to skip this thread.

long time ago, I've had an idea for an alternative setting in which there are no "big monster societies" in the world- while occult and supernatural powers are a "thing", they are a scattered phenomena, better represented by Horrors and unexpected powers. While there may be an Iremite Mummy or a blood drinking vampire, there may be only one of those, lurking alone in the darkness. The idea was that in that world, the only stable occult societies are the Hunter organization, which compete against each other over occult resources and influence. Because of that, many groups which had a specific enemy would either change their focus to other hunters (like the Knights of St George) or have expand their niche (the Cainte Heresy wouldn't just recruit from those abused by vampires, but from anyone abused by the supernatural). While I've never developed that idea beyond the basic concept, lately I was remembered of that idea, and that made me think about something else- what if, in that world where only Hunters rule, there could be a way to represent the ideas of the other shadow societies in the new setting? Or, in sort, what if there was a way to re imagine monsters and/or their organizations as hunters?

While I'm not going to develop the original idea, turning "monster groups" into "hunter groups" sounds like an interesting thought experiment, which could be used in a number of ways (for example, as mortal members of the monster groups), so feel free to rip the material posted in here to shreds and use it in anyway you feel like. While most groups would focus about the "major social splats", not every gameline has such complex societies, which would take a different approach (like using a single org to represent the whole splat), and as time would go on I may add some "lesser known" orgs to the list. Each group would also have an Endowment attached to it, which is totally optional for a "conspiracy version" of it. Anyway, I'm going to start with Vampire's Carthian Movement. Hope you'll like it!

Carthian Movement/ The Burning Revolution
    In many ways, the Carthian Movement is an antithesis for what it actually is- where most of the occult societies of the world desire stasis and silence, the Movement demands change and transformation. Made mostly out of radical and ideologist individuals, the Carthian Movement believes that clinging to ages old traditions and trying to cover for the supernatural only increase the causalities. They say that the Vigil shouldn't burn like a candle, but like a wildfire- a legion of flames which devour anything in their way. While many hunters see them as reckless, inflamed mob, they are one of the few organizations which use democracy as a way to choose their leaders and the direction of the organization. They track their origin to the days of the French Revolution under a person using the persona of "Carth". While the true identity of their founder is unknown, his name was taken by many other leaders of the group since then- sometimes, there have even been a number of "Carths" in the same time, each taking the mantle independently. While the Movement looks like a chaotic, barely functioning group, there is logic in the madness- they believe in the "endless Revolution", and their understanding of political systems and the ways to manipulate them is quit exceptional. The hunters of the Movement, after all, aren't stupid- they are simply ideologists, and they truly believe that they could bring fourth a perfect world. They just need to burn the old one down.

0- you have just joined the Inflamed and embrace your ideology to the edge. You get a free Specialty in Expression, Intimidation or Persuasion.
    000- you have overthrown many tyrants and brought change to the world. Your will burns like flame, and burns any other. You get the Iron Will merit for free.
    00000- everyone know your name in the Movement, and it is only a matter of time before you'll have the name Carth given to you- or taken by force. You get the Inspiring merit for free, with a modifier equal to your status.

Endowment- Carthian Law (0-00000)
    All societies operate in the same way, making rules and conventions in order to make the many different individuals work together like a greater system. The members of the Movement understand those dynamics and know how to manipulate them for their own advantage. Some say that there is some metaphysical weight that allows those effects to take hold, but the official stance is that the only power behind it is the power of the people. Members of the Movement may buy dots in any Carthian Law merit, as long as the total rating is less then 5. Lex Terrae effects immediately anyone to break into the forbidden area, while Mandate of the Masses reduce Willpower in case the target lacks a Potency trait.
    Last edited by LostLight; 09-24-2016, 02:07 PM.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

My new flagship project- Vigilant Times! Take a look and feel free to help

The Mesen-Nebu as an ancient alchemical secret society-turned-modern day banking conspiracy is too good to pass up. I might have to come back to this.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
      The Mesen-Nebu as an ancient alchemical secret society-turned-modern day banking conspiracy is too good to pass up. I might have to come back to this.
      feel free to write them on your own and post them in here

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

Comment

I could see the Ordo as a band of transhuman occult scientists who use blood alchemy to advance their forms at the cost of becoming increasingly undead.

Comment

While I like atamajakki's idea for the Mesen-Nebu, I think the rest of the mummies would probably be one splat, devoted to the worship of punishing gods from beyond. The Sesha-Hebsu, Su-Menent, and Tef-Aabhi would make good factions (one devoted to the intricacies of the gods' laws, one devoted to the intricacies of the relations between this world and theirs, and one devoted to spreading the gods' glory beyond their current worshippers), while the Maa-Kep might be a rank (Status 3, maybe).

Comment

The Circle of the Crone/ Priesthood of Eternal Blood
            If you'll ask one of the Acolytes, she would tell you that the Circle always was, and always will be. As far as history is concerned, however, the Circle is quit recent- being created from the same sources which led to the birth of Wicca. Many of the founding members has accepted the Witch Cult Hypothesis, and searched for earlier roots in ancient paganism, taking away what they liked and changing what they didn't. According to the Mother's Army, as Christianity moved through Europe and destroyed the original pagan practices, it made humanity vulnerable to monsters and other things which lurked in the darkness. People forgot the old ceremonies used to banish spirits and ward against the dead, and by doing so they allowed the monsters to get in. While the truth of the claim is a matter of debate, the hunters of the Circle were united around those ideals, researching many old traditions and faiths- especially the ones Christianity despised more than others, thinking that the secrets hidden in them must be the most powerful. Like Blood Magic. Eventually, out of the boiling pot of lost religions and broken cults, the Circle was formed, taking the name of the terrible Crone aspect of the three-faced Goddess to bring death to the terrors of the night. Today, each cell of Acolytes is a small, independent cult, with its own practices and faith about the nature of Divinity and its role in the world. The only thing which units them is a fluid information network, the terrible blood magic they work, their pagan tapping and their commitment to bring life to the old ways and adapt them to the new age, constantly changing and evolving in order to fight the darkness. The only thing who keeps them from falling apart are their High Priestesses and Hierophants who maintain contact with each other, and even then there is a limit for their influence. For them, do what thou wilt is the whole law, and if they are destined to be destroyed- at least they can take the monsters with them.

0- you are a newly initiated Acolyte, joining one of the small cults of the Mother's Army in their fight against the monsters. Her training in the basic principles of occult grants her the Holistic Awareness merit for free.
            000- you have became an important figure among the local cults, surviving a raid after raid against inhuman terrors. You get the Altar merit for free as a local base of your power. In case you already have it, you gain 3 dots in the Mandragora Garden merit.
            00000- you are a distinguished High Priestess or an Hierophant, leading the endless battle of the Mother's Army against those who prey upon the innocents. You can now hear the Triple Goddess and the Horned God whispering in your ears, making your passion burn greater than before. Every time you fulfill your Vice, you now get an amount of Willpower equal to your Status (but not above your maximal rating).

Endowment- Curac (0-00000)
            Formed by countless different magic systems going through all of Europe's pagan past and beyond, Curac is the Circle's weapon against the monsters. Curac is a single, 1-5 merit, which allow the hunter to use the many rituals of the Circle. While those rites are bought separately, each new dot in Curac grants one new rite of a rating equal or bellow their Curac. Unlike certain magic systems, Curac is not a ceremonial magic- while it does use rituals, those rites are personal, and developed independently. One can't simply teach Curac rite to another person, it has to come from within, as the Acolyte's inner divinity takes form. Each Curac rite requires blood to work- meaning that each rite costs an amount of Lethal Damage equal to its rating, from which at least one must be caused to the caster. The damage must be taken especially for the rite- that is, the caster can't used a Lethal Damage she already suffered for other causes in order to power the rite. In order to cast a spell, roll for [Curac]+[Manipulation], with the rite requiring an amount of Successes equal to its rating. Dramatic Failure burns through the caster's soul as she knows that she failed her gods, draining away a Willpower point. Exceptional Success, however, grants a single Willpower point. Each level of Lethal Damage beyond the basic amount grants a +1 modifier (up to +3). The rituals which can be used by the Acolyte are taken from the Curac Rites list, replacing Blood Potency with Willpower when appropriate. While Curac is a powerful tool, the connection to your primal gods and earthly desires makes you lose touch with your higher self- for every dot of Curac, you get one less Willpower point when fulfilling your Virtue (minimum of 1).
            Last edited by LostLight; 09-24-2016, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SunlessNick View Post
              While I like atamajakki's idea for the Mesen-Nebu, I think the rest of the mummies would probably be one splat, devoted to the worship of punishing gods from beyond. The Sesha-Hebsu, Su-Menent, and Tef-Aabhi would make good factions (one devoted to the intricacies of the gods' laws, one devoted to the intricacies of the relations between this world and theirs, and one devoted to spreading the gods' glory beyond their current worshippers), while the Maa-Kep might be a rank (Status 3, maybe).
              I don't know- I always was a fan of diversity if possible, preferring more groups than less if possible. But again, if you have an idea, feel free to share it.
              Last edited by LostLight; 09-16-2016, 03:26 PM.

Comment

The Invictus/ Aeternum Custodiam
                The Vigil is a chaotic society- no one knows when a new hunter would show up, and there are no rules to guide the new light bearer in their endless fight. That's a problem- and the Invictus plans to fix it. For years the Unconquered has stood strong against the monsters, offering an eternal Vigil since the time of the Roman Empire (if you believe their stories). Unlike many other organizations, most of the Invictus members are born to the Vigil- they belong to proud lineages of generation after a generation of hunters, and they are taught the arts of the hunt since childhood. For many of them, becoming an hunter is the family business, and they have enough money and influence to make sure that it would pay off for their members. It is not to say that the Invictus does not accept new members- but such hunters has to prove themselves before through rigorous tests and even then live all of their life under inspection. Almost all of the members of the Conspiracy of Silence come from places of power- and it is not by accident. Since its very foundation, the Invictus was based around the rich and the powerful, and those traditions has carried on up to the present time. Even as children, the members are being directed to find their way among the elite- businessmen, politicians, media people and celebrities all have their place inside the Unconquered, as long as they would devout their influence and resources to the Vigil. Many among the Invictus are elitists, seeing themselves as better than the regular hunter and that the other organizations should accept that fact and bow before them. While many despise their condescending approach, the Invictus backs their claims with brute force, one which do not fear to use against "armatures" hunters. While almost all of the Invictus members are rich and powerful, being rich and powerful is only a mean, not the goal- their true purpose is much greater: bringing order to the Vigil and becoming its legitimate rulers. The Invictus believes that only by being united under a single banner (their banner) the Vigil could win against the monsters, and that until then the status que must be maintained to make sure things won't get worse. They seek to educate hunters to their rules, explaining why they should listen to them and follow their orders. Those laws are harsh and complicated, and considering the "cover up" policy that the Invictus holds most hunters (especially those of lower Tiers) would prefer to ignore those arrogant snobs and do what they think is right- but when the Invictus are in power, those fools who ignore their regulations has an unfortunate tendency to find themselves dead... if they are lucky.

0- you are a scion to the proud lineage of hunters since Rome, and the Invictus grants you its protection. You get a free Resources dot.
                000- you proved yourself worthy to your family's reputation and name, and the Unconquered makes sure everyone would know about your acts. You get the Fame merit for free for 3 dots, to be used among hunters.
                00000- you are a true manifestation of the Invictus's ideals, and your influence is great both in and outside of the organization. You get a 5 dot Contacts merit to be used among other hunters.

Endowment- Blood Oaths (0-00000)
                The Invictus builds its power through connections, favors and agreements, and it binds such contracts with blood. Blood Oaths is a single merit, granting access to any Oath allowed by the Invictus of its rating and lower. The Oaths do not need to be bought separately. In order to preform a Oath, both parties- a vassal and a liege- has to sign a written contract with their own blood, which is usually supervised by a Notary. The dots in the Endowment do not represent the ability to take part in the Oaths- it simply gives the hunter the ability to bind such agreement with supernatural influence. In theory, a hunter could even allow herself to be bound as a vassal to someone else- but doing so it a taboo, and could even get the hunter kicked out of the conspiracy. The agreement is valid until the conditions detailed in the Oath are met, or until the contract is destroyed (which is why the hunters of the conspiracy make sure to protect their agreements from harm). As for the Oaths themselves, use the ones from Vampire 2e withe the following changes: The Oath of Action grants access to Skill or Merit instead of Discipline, Oath of Fealty allows Willpower transfer, Oath of Penance treats damage instead and grants immunity to any Social or Supernatural merit and the Oath of Serfdom grants access to Physical merit or skill.
                Last edited by LostLight; 09-24-2016, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Lancea et Sanctum/ Church of Night
                  Those hunters who hear about the Sanctified usually lump them together with other Christian hunters, usually confusing them with the Malleus Maleficarum or other organizations which operate from inside the Church. The Spear and Chapel, however, lacks any connection- formal or informal- to any of the Christian denominations. In many ways, they operate as their own branch, their own Church- the Church of the Vigil, operating under God's open eye. They are forbidden from praying with believers not of their own, from taking offices of power or positions in any formal Church or serve as priests for confessions, weddings and other practices. While they may share the faith in God, they are to stand apart from the rest of the faithful for their goal is different- they are to do what the innocents can not, fighting evil with evil and hunt for monsters which hide among the believers. They root out the wolf among the sheep in any way they has to. Their faith in necessary evil is represented in their patron saint- Longinus, he who stabbed the Christ with the Spear to cleans his divine essence from human taint. The Lancea et Sanctum is an ancient organization, evolving among the early Christian and Gnostic cults which formed at the time of the late Roman Empire. As the Church has started to formalize, the hunters of the time stood apart- they could not take part in their ceremonies and serve among the Church, for they believed that by being bound to the Church they would lose much of their freedom at fighting monsters and serve their God granted mission at fighting evil. Many of their cults were also seen as heretic in the eyes of the Church, and many of them were persecuted and killed by it. While that may have been the end of the Church of the Damned, all has changed when an Egyptian hunter named as Daniel had a revelation by an angel, Amoniel, who granted him the knowledge of dark miracles never known before. Theban Sorcery. Using their newfound power, the Sanctified were united in their mission- always lurking in the shadow of the Church, always testing its integrity and faith to check if and when evil would prosper in the heart of the innocents. Up to this day, the Church of the Vigil still operates- offering its services to any other who can't use the formal channels for help. We are all damned, they say, meant to do evil in God's name. We are all destined to go to hell for our crimes- but at least, we can save those who don't.

0- you have been initiated to the Church of the Damned and took your role as bringer of necessary evil. Your training grants you the Meditative Mind merit for 1 dot.
                  000- you have unrevealed hidden monsters and exposed their evil to the light. The light of God burns inside of you, granting you the Virtuous merit for free.
                  00000- God speaks through you, and you can see the signs of Hell everywhere. You get the Aura Reading merit for free.

Endowment- Theban Sorcery (0-00000):
                  Found carved in a cave after Daniel's revelation by Amoniel, the dark miracles of Theban Sorcery are the Lancea et Sanctum's greatest secret and weapon against the monsters. Theban Sorcery is a single, 1-5 merit which represent the hunter's ability and understanding of the complicated diagrams and tapping of the secret art. The miracles themselves are to be bought separately, although at each new dot at Theban Sorcery the hunter gets a new Miracles of a rating equal or lower of her Endowment for free. In order to invoke a miracle, the hunter has to pay a price for heaven- an act done by the use of Sacrament and expanding a single Willpower point. Each miracle requires a different sacrament to work, and the Willpower itself has to be used from one replenished by fulfilling your Virtue (which means they has to be tracked separately from the rest of Willpower pool). Instead of expanding a Willpower, the character may instead preform the miracle through an act which would channel her Virtue. In case she should have gained Willpower, she may instead sacrifice it for +3 modifier on the miracle roll. Preforming meditation before casting the miracle grants a modifier equal to the number of successes (up to +3). The roll itself is made of [Academics]+[Theban Sorcery], with the number of successes required is equal to the miracle's rating. Exceptional Success allows her to now that she has done Heaven's will, giving her a bonus die on the next time she would invoke a miracle. Dramatic Failure would reveal her the Hell which waits for her for her acts, giving the Shaken Condition. The miracles are taken from the Theban Sorcery list, replacing Vitae with Lethal Damage when appropriate.
                  Last edited by LostLight; 09-24-2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

This actually reminds me a lot of the SCP Foundation, which would be good inspiration: there, most supernatural phenomena are isolated occurrences, and all the big paranormal organizations could pass as Hunter Conspiracies.

Comment

Ordo Dracul/ Followers of the Dragon
                      Some people say that Man was made in God's image. If that's true, then God is not the perfect, untouched being we all think He is- for humans are way not perfect. They are easily manipulated, cheated, broken. Their flesh is so soft, their skin is so thin. One wrong move, and they'll fall down like marionettes which had their strings cut off. The only advantage humanity has is their advanced mind and intellect, and even that we had to steal from the Tree. It is human nature to want and transcend those limitation, try to become "more" than human- and if mankind were meant to be vulnerable, weak and flawed by Divine will, if trying to break those limitations or cheat around them is spitting in God's eye, then we all should do it gladly. That is, at least, how the Order of the Dragon sees it- while not all of them (or even the most of them) deal with the complicated matters of religion and theology, each and every one of them is an occultist and a scientist on the quest to transcend his human body and become something better, an inhuman monster beyond both life and death. That approach sets them apart from most hunters, and has caused more than one clash between them and another organization, but the Dragons are nothing but survivors, and their understanding of the supernatural is unmatched among the other groups (especially thanks for their lack of inhibitions when preforming their researches). Where most hunters search for monsters, the Order of the Dragon search for knowledge and the mystical places called "Dragon Nests"- places where the supernatural gathers and takes form. While their reputation as a small cabal of mad scientists is well known, their true origin is not so much- in many ways, the Order is nothing more of a cult of personality dedicated to no other than Dracula, the impaler, the vampire. It has all started with a small cell of hunters who took Bram Stoker's word as truth and went to Romania in search after the blood drinking tyrant- only to discover that their faith was right. Dracula did exist- and he wasn't happy. More than half of the cell was butchered by the vampire and his brides, leaving only few to escape, although their sacrifice was not in vain- for during the midnight chase, they managed to steal a certain book- the rites of the dragon. Inspired by their meeting with the immortal monster and the writings in the book, the group became fascinated with the ideals of transcendence and harnessing supernatural powers to strength themselves but without the disadvantages of becoming a monster, and using the knowledge of the Rites and long research of supernatural beings and energies, they have managed to develop the tools to do so in the form of the Coils of the Dragon. Nowadays, the Order is small, yet stable organization, with a lot of influence and resources. The question is- if what they say that happened in Dracula's Castle is true, and the Impaler is as powerful as they say he is, then why he has never tried to take back his book or destroy the Order?

0- you are a new member of the Order, and you start your research of the paranormal in the way for transcendence. You get one free Occult Specialty to your choosing.
                      000- you are a recognized Kogaion of the order, which grants you access to their hidden knowledge and resources. You get the Library merit for 3 dots used for Academics or Occult, to your choosing.
                      00000- you are on the path of becoming a true Dragon and challenge God himself, gaining the title of Viovode. You get a number of low level members to serve you in your research, granting you the Staff Merit for 5 dots.

Endowment- Coils of the Dragon (0-00000, special):
                      Thanks to their long research and infusing themselves with the energies of life and death, the Ordo Dracul can transcend their human coil and become something more.. or less, depends on how you look at it. Each Coil is represented by a different vampire Discipline, rated 1-5. Those Disciplines are activated with Willpower instead of Vitae, although preforming them in a specially prepared lab would reduce the Willpower cost by one. The optional Disciplines do not include Blood Sorceries and their like. Each such Discipline power has to be bought separately through a linear process, with their total rating can not be above 5. Replacing an existing Discipline power is possible, yet requires using their "blood machines" in a Dragon's Nest for one hour, with a Failure causing one level of Bashing damage per dot of desired power (Dramatic Failure turns the damage into Lethal). Learning a new power at all requires entering into a Blood Alchemy Transmuter for one hour per rating. By using those machines, the Dragon may also temporary reduce his Coil rating to refine a potion made out of his blood, with those who drink the elixir gain access to the power she has given up for a number of hours equal to the Dragon's Status, after which she gains her original Coils rating. In an addition, the Dragon may gain access to one of the innate aspects of the Vampire stat- for each new dot in Coils, she gets one basic aspect of the Vampire Template (like the ability to see in the dark, or a certain Predatory Aura, or even having fangs). Replace Blood Potency for Coils and Vitae for Willpower or Lethal Damage when appropriate. Alternatively, you could rise your lifespan by 20 years. There is, however, a downside- for each new Coils dot, choose one vampire Ban, from which the hunter suffer as long as she does not temporary reduce her Coils. Reducing your Coils rating also stop access to the innate Vampire abilities, other than prolonging your life.
                      Last edited by LostLight; 09-24-2016, 02:13 PM.

Comment

well, that finish the 5 basic Social splats for vampires. Next would be Werewolf, but I do hope to return and finish all of the Vampire Covenants (which would include the ones from Danse Macabre, Ancient Mysteries, Dark Eras, Requiem for Rome, Mythologies, VII, Belial's Brood, some Shadow Cults and certain Bloodlines among others, and that without including the ones who only have a name. Yep, Vampire is a rich game.. feel free to help :P )

Comment

The Tribes in Werewolf 2nd Ed are explicitly designed as subfactions, so I think making them different groups would require taking some elements back from the 1st Ed, and folding in some of your favourite Lodges. My initial thoughts...

Blood Talons: Roughly the standard Forsaken culture, with the focus on territory and sacred hunts. Primary target of the Pure, since they espouse the Mother Moon heresy.

Storm Lords: Split off from the Forsaken, with the view that they should rule their territories. Could be a faction, could be a separate group.

Bone Shadows: Occult explorers and ancestor worshippers. Dive into the otherworlds with abandon, but especially the Underworld. (Essentially taking the Pickering Lodge as the norm). Not a subgroup of Forsaken, and not especially concerned with territory.

Hunters in Darkness: Also not concerened with territory, especially - destroying the Hosts, the most impure of all creatures is more important. Has former Blood Talons, Storm Lords and even Pure as members, and may let other beingss work with them

Comment

A handful of "Translations":

•The Bone Shadows: Members of this group trace their origin back to prehistory, to a group of heroes who met and earned the favor of Death herself. By completing her trials they learned various secret rites allowing them to walk in the skin of wolves (Death's sacred form) and to see and speak with the insubstantial, which they use to keep the balance between the Ephemeral and the Flesh.

•The Guardians of the Veil: A cult that claims to date back to the days of Alexander, members fight not only to protect people, but to keep them in the dark. Only the worthy may know the true nature of reality; the Sleepers must not Awaken, for their own good. Members are resented for their tendency to appoint themselves "gatekeepers" in regards to the Vigil, and immerse themselves in roles they call Masques, which can even grant themselves supernatural powers.

•Seers of the Throne: An Illuminati-like group founded out of a number of different cults dedicated to keeping horrific "gods" bound and slumbering, a task they keep to this day. Members are up there with Cherion in the "technically doing a good thing but jerks" style of Conspiracy. Their Endowment, Prelacy, allows them to tap into the power of one of the four most powerful of these "Bound", risking eventually becoming their slave.

•The Adamantine Arrow: Originally a mystery cult from India, members seek challenge and defend the weak to seek transcendence.

•The Mysterium: A Gnostic secret society founded in the middle ages, members are seekers of knowledge infamous for protecting their supernatural objects of study just as often as they protect people.

Comment

Blood Talons/ Army of Fenris
                              The Destroyers track their origin to the lands of ancient Scandinavia. Taking their place among the Vikings and warriors of the northern lands, they originally served as a cult worshiping the great Fenris, the great wolf who would devour Odin at the end of the world. During those times, they were wild warriors who sought the glory of battle, fighting the monsters of legend as a test for their power, never bowing before their enemies. In their eyes, honor in battle was the most important thing- for they believed that by doing honorably in battle they would get to the legendary Valhalla, and when Ragnarok would finally come they would fight their god face to face and defeat him, saving the new world which would be created from the ashes of the old one. However, when the power of the Vikings waned and Christianity spread through their lands, the proud warriors has lost their place- only to find it again among the Varangian Guard. While some things has changed with the transition of culture and religion, many things has stayed the same- instead of Fenris and Odin, they spoke about God and the Wolf Satan which would try to destroy the world at the end of times. Instead of conquering new lands, they would help their empire. And the monsters, after all, stayed the same- beings of terrible power, waiting to be used as a test for the power of the greatest among hunters. As time carried on, many things has changed inside the group, but the foundation stayed the same- end of the world, honorable battle against the monsters and the worship of a terrible wolf-like being they would one day kill with their own hands. In modern times, the group is made mostly out of military veterans, all with actual fighting experience. Now, they speak about the inevitable World War III, which would come from a nuclear attack which would release hidden horrors, or perhaps a zombie epidemic, or something else all together. It doesn't matter how- but the world as we know it would come to an end, and in the wild times who await only the strongest warriors would survive. And so, they gather resources and weapons and territory, fighting against monsters to train their skills and wait- wait for the day the great Wolf would awaken. They have waited for it for hundreds of years. They won't fail now.

0- you are a new member of the Destroyers, holding your weapon while preparing for the upcoming end of times. Your training grant you one free dot in any Fighting Style to your choosing.
                              000- your rigorous fighting against monsters trains you beyond your regular limitations, making sure you would never be caught bare handed. You get the Ambidextrous merit for free.
                              00000- you showed your worth as a true warrior destined to fight the Wolf, making you into more of a mere warrior and into a commander in the war at the world's end. You get the Creative Tactician merit for free.

Endowment- Berserker (0-00000):
                              the greatest among warriors have learned how to awaken their sleeping savagery and call upon the spirit of Wolf to turn their body into a killing machine. Once per Scene and at the cost of one Willpower point, the hunter may change into a Gauru form for a number of turn equal to his dots in Berserker+Stamina. He can't prolong that duration, but all other effects are treated as normally. He can not change into any other form, and is vulnerable to silver while shapeshifting.
                              Last edited by LostLight; 09-24-2016, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X