Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's going on with HtV second edition?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on with HtV second edition?

So last year the weekly updates mentioned Hunter a few times, and even had it listed as being under development (or pre-development) in the development schedule. Since then I have noticed it has been taken off, and Geist second edition is now in its place. Is HtV in hiatus for now? Is their any chance we will see any progress this year? Another question that I think some of us are wondering is if they will keep the old conspiracy's or replace them with completely new ones, which I think would be interesting. Obviously they will be keeping some since they were talking about what to do with the Hunt Club and Ashwood abbey. I would suggest adding a antagonist hunter-like conspiracy of Men in Black reprillian impostors that are impersonating a government agency.
    Last edited by K9ine; 09-19-2016, 12:54 PM.

Offense is rarely given, but often taken.

Well the all call for writers only ended a month and a half ago, so if it has even hit the first draft stage its probably only just done so.

I imagine that most of the Compacts and Conspiracies are going to remain intact, though they may undergo some amount of reimagining. Its also possible they may include some groups from the supplements in the core, but thats entirely speculation and will probably come down to page count more than anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitiff Primogen View Post
      Well the all call for writers only ended a month and a half ago, so if it has even hit the first draft stage its probably only just done so.

I imagine that most of the Compacts and Conspiracies are going to remain intact, though they may undergo some amount of reimagining. Its also possible they may include some groups from the supplements in the core, but thats entirely speculation and will probably come down to page count more than anything else.
      Hmm. I was hoping they might combine some, while explaining that they have different offshoot fringe groups. Their talk about making it more international made me think that might be what's happening. If they did they could make more groups.

Offense is rarely given, but often taken.

Comment

I believe that VASCU was confirmed to be in the Core, and Monica said that she wants to at least touch/mention of the existing groups, if not covering them. The Ashwood Abbey/Hunt Club situation was unique in that the question was if the Abbey should or should not be a protagonist splat, not because both of them cover similar territory. I, personally, would be very disappointed with mixing together/killing off different groups in order to make place for new ones, like they did in the Revised edition of Ascension (I think it was revised? my CWoD lore is not that strong). One of the things I like about Hunter is that it is that it can contain as many splats as you desire, instead of boiling them down to "5 fundamentals" or something like that.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

My new flagship project- Vigilant Times! Take a look and feel free to help

Comment

I sincerely hope that the Aegis Kai Doru or something like it makes into the 2e. Why? Indiana Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Extant Reality View Post
            I sincerely hope that the Aegis Kai Doru or something like it makes into the 2e. Why? Indiana Jones.
            They're a core splat, so I'd say their odds of being included are pretty high.

Comment

Originally posted by Caitiff Primogen View Post
              They're a core splat, so I'd say their odds of being included are pretty high.
              Sweet! It just wouldn't be the same without them!

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                I believe that VASCU was confirmed to be in the Core, and Monica said that she wants to at least touch/mention of the existing groups, if not covering them. The Ashwood Abbey/Hunt Club situation was unique in that the question was if the Abbey should or should not be a protagonist splat, not because both of them cover similar territory. I, personally, would be very disappointed with mixing together/killing off different groups in order to make place for new ones, like they did in the Revised edition of Ascension (I think it was revised? my CWoD lore is not that strong). One of the things I like about Hunter is that it is that it can contain as many splats as you desire, instead of boiling them down to "5 fundamentals" or something like that.

Obviously space is an issue though. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of the core conspiracies/compacts removed from top billing in favor of those released in supplementary books, but it would be nice to see a sidebar or small section that covers other groups.

I totally agree though. The Hunter groups don't need to be slimmed down. Having a multitude of different organizations really adds to the toolbox nature of the game and emphasizes that theme of local/regional horror that the CoD tends to focus on.

Comment

Working...
                X