Need a mages hunting Conspiracy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a mages hunting Conspiracy

I preper Astral plotline in Mage game and thought that it would be nice plays to use witch hunters to confront my Awakened players. I want to use Conspiracy as Endowments made Hunters into Sleepwalkers, by Mage 2E rules. You can help me choose appropiate group, both official and fan ones.

Plot line is about Mystery of Crop Circles in England and how they relate to Astral Realms. So Conspirasies interested in those topics are logical here to choose. My players cabal also once clashed they ways with Malleus Maleficarum and I swore to return Shadow Congregation later in game - still, not seeing very much MM as sending agents to Crop Circles case.

Thanks tp you for all propositions.

MtAw 2E - My Legacies Updates and System Hacks Hubs
    MtAw - Children of the Stars - aliens loving Legacy
    MtAw 2E - Illusionists of Truth - illusionists and magicians Legacy

The Knights of St. George use goetia to hunt the Awakened and might secretly be pawns of the Abyss. I adore them; they're in Witch Finders.

Just call me Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

They're also the literal witch hunters in the Salem Witch Trials Hunters Era in Dark Eras. So consider this another vote towards the Knights of St George.

Comment

I was also thinking about LostLight's A.S.T.R.A.L as they are Astral connected, have history with Malleus - and sound as guys that would dwell into Astral related Mystery.

When thinking about Knights of St. George - How possible for them would be to look in to Astral phenomena that 'kidnap' people? I know they work for Faceless Angels, but I'm not sure how much they would be interested in thing like 'weird Crops Circles',

Originally posted by Gullinbursti View Post
        They're also the literal witch hunters in the Salem Witch Trials Hunters Era in Dark Eras. So consider this another vote towards the Knights of St George.
        Intriguing - as I have other game that is located in Boston, good to know that I could use Knights in there as 'official' antagonists.
        Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-26-2016, 01:21 AM.

Comment

More thinking Knights of St. George using - In our game Abyss is literal force in game universe, wanting to destroy PCs ( Messiahs of Magic shenanigans, and all ) so maybe sending Knights have sense with 'pawns of Abyss' interpretation...

Comment

You could always reskin Division Six to being a British conspiracy. The advantage is that by having a Pylon at the top, they'll have access to the Astral. Also, the Pylon can help if your players attempt to butcher the hunters.

Comment

Well, if memory serves and isn't deceiving me, the "Faceless Angels" are heavily hinted to be Abyssals themselves.

Comment

Task Force Valkyrie are pretty catch-all government Conspiracy with overtones of the men in black. It wouldn't be any kind of stretch to have them skulking around a crop circle.

Comment

I just realized that best way for Conspiracy to handle mages is to send few agents with Endowments and dozen of normal, 'Sleeper' agents - first will command and be aware of magic cast. Others will be a bit cannon folder, but invite Paradox and Dissonance on spells of Awakened...

Comment

The Crop Circles would totally be something that A.S.T.R.A.L would come to check and devour if needed, as they monitor all kinds of mysteries as part of their hunt. Their semi-connection to the Father (as a part of the Heirs of the Lie) could also be used, if that may interest you or your players. Also, if the Abyss has some role in your campaign, you may use some adaptation of Division VI's Conspiracy variant. The Promethean Brotherhood may also use the Crop Circles as a trap- setting an ambush for mages who are lured to check the Crop Circles. I Fate and/or the Astral have a big impact on your Chronicle, you may also check the Pythian Oracles- while they usually hunt for Slashers, witches also draw their attention for meddling with the "better future" they are trying to create.

Hope you'll find any of those as useful!

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

My new flagship project- Vigilant Times! Take a look and feel free to help

Comment

LostLight, thanks, now I need to figure out what Conspiracy I will use. Too much choosing... Or maybe take both Knights of St. George and A.S.T.R.A.L. ?

Comment

If there are any alien artifacts lying around in relation to the crop circles there's every possibility Aegis Kai Doru could want a piece of that. Depending on how you read the implications of their backstory they're also possibly connected to the Seers.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                          LostLight, thanks, now I need to figure out what Conspiracy I will use. Too much choosing... Or maybe take both Knights of St. George and A.S.T.R.A.L. ?
                          I assume that depends on your Chronicle and goal of the PCs in it. As Mage antagonists either of those groups could work, and you may even use both of them by giving each of the Conspiracies its own goals, which may allow the PCs the ability to turn one toward the other. D.I.V.I.N.E, after is, is of a Supernal nature, and as such it would draw the attention of the Faceless Angels, while the Knights of St George are a mystery cult, and A.S.T.R.A.L may see them as a potential trigger for Awakenings which needs to be stopped. Hunter groups do not, after all, work in harmony, and if you use both of them the PCs should be able to use it to their advantage.

My Homebrew Signature- Because I need one. If you use any of it, please share with me how it went!

My new flagship project- Vigilant Times! Take a look and feel free to help

Comment

LostLight, as I mentioned before, I got Malleus Maleficarum in chronicle plot earlier - interesting could be mixing all three groups, later on in play. I want to use Hunters more as 'dangerous in numbers' - mage PCs can 'move' between Conspiracies, exploring their goals - but if PCs enemies would unite on them, they would have large problems.

How, in your's POV, would MM, Knights and A.S.T.R.A.L. interact in longer play? Also - where A.S.T.R.A.L. have headquarters? Knights are English Conspiracy so they are naturally protective of UK lands. Malleus has roots in Rome, but global span. How A.S.T.R.A.L. is showing on this background?
                            Last edited by wyrdhamster; 09-28-2016, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Other questions on our witch hunters - How does Knights of Saint George typical cell looks like? Malleus are small 'parish' congregations, filled with layman, most of the time under leadership of local priest.

How does this look for Dragonslayers? They are like Anglican Mallus, with people coming to them from 'church goers' crowd? Or maybe S.A.S. soldiers, weird scientists and die hard detectives are also part of their numbers? They are having Knights Commanders as leaders of local cells or chapters?

I try to envision typical cell of Knights in rural England.I want to place plot action near Dorset, so I suspect more 'typical' hunters in the cell. On the other hand, I also want them to trak a trail of weird night 'sleepwalks' across dozen of crops fields, so maybe cell will be more academic one? Maybe send out from biggest near city?

The same question I would ask to the A.S.T.R.A.L. cells.

Comment

Working...
                              X