[Compact] The Workshop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Compact] The Workshop

This is a love letter to Bloodborne and Hunter the Vigil that a talented friend and I are working on, I like it so much I wanted to share it with this great community. Any suggestions or tips are welcomed and encouraged, of course. The basic premise is an organization of degenerate hunters use occult science to give themselves strange affinities.

Read Here: The Workshop

For what it's worth, I can feel a very Bloodborne spirit to the way this compact is written. It's very flavorful, and I find the mechanics and their ethos interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by YeOfLittleFaith View Post
      For what it's worth, I can feel a very Bloodborne spirit to the way this compact is written. It's very flavorful, and I find the mechanics and their ethos interesting.
      Thank you, friend. I appreciate it.

Comment

This is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by hyperspacewizard View Post
          This is awesome
          I second that. Will be giving this a proper read later, but you definitely nailed the Bloodborne feel nicely xD

"My Homebrew Hub"
          Age of Azar
          The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Very appreciated!

Comment

Not even slightly was I was expecing them to be, but interesting.

Comment

Have to say, this is more a conspiracy than a compact. Also, why do they call themselves the Workshop?

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy254 View Post
                  Have to say, this is more a conspiracy than a compact. Also, why do they call themselves the Workshop?

Thanks, Flyboy. Good point and good question. I'll try to answer as best I can, a lot of the groundwork does need to be reevaluated beyond the 'flavor' of the text so it holds up.

1. I'll snag a little clip from the White Wolf Wiki regarding Compacts."Their scale and operations and geographical reach can range from local neighbourhoods to whole cities, with the biggest compacts covering entire regions." Though the Endowment is more common with Conspiracies we wanted to emphasis that the Workshop has spent its existence in and around the London area. Some of its chapters do go out as far as Glasglow and Workshop Hunters, on occasion, do travel but (and this is something we can add in) its always for a specific reason that is relevent to the homefront. So Compact seemed the logical choice for the size of their operation.

2. Besides being a nod to the Healing Church Workshop from Bloodborne, the name fits the general attitude of how they approach their Vigil. It's a trade and you should always be improving on your trade. The Workshop is dedicated to the traditions of their forebears and that's one of the things they wanted to impart to the generations to come, striving to be the deadliest Hunters they could be. More detail will definitely be written up about the origin of the name though, it's a solid question.
                  Last edited by baronzobops; 10-19-2016, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X