Spellcasting Cheat Sheet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spellcasting Cheat Sheet

I just started running a 2E crossover game, and the mages are having trouble keeping the new casting mechanics straight, so I set up a cheat sheet. Figured other people 'round hurr might have use for it too.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dyhuncuen...Sheet.pdf?dl=0

One note, the ritual time table is slightly houseruled to have a step every Gnosis increment instead of every two. Otherwise it's all from the book.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of these with the usual ritual casting time.

In the section for reaching, you have repeated the blurb for Yantras about die limits. I am guessing you meant to have a blurb there about how many free reaches you get.

A definition for Primary Spell Factor may be helpful to include somewhere, too.

Edit: Also, your section on potency is wrong. (or houseruled) each level of potency past the first = a -2 penalty.

Potency 1... 0
    Potency 2...-2
    Potency 3...-4
    Potency 4...-6
    etc.

In other words, if you wanted to cast a damaging spell, say, Call Lightning, you first have to decide how much damage you wanted to do with your lightning. A potency 2 lightning bolt would be cast at -2.

However, since Potency is the primary spell factor for Call Lightning, after all penalties are accounted for, the mage may choose to move potency a number of steps up the chart equal to his primary arcanum-1. so supposing our mage has forces 3, thats 2 steps up the potency chart... for a total potency of 4.

The way you have written it, I am guessing you are applying any successes on the dice after casting as potency (or duration) at a 1:1 so potency is whatever you rolled on the dice.
    Last edited by Froggy711; 12-03-2016, 07:22 AM.

Comment

I've also made a spellcasting cheat sheet, if anyone's interested.
      Unless I've made a mistake it should adhere completely to the book.

Bloodline: The Stygians
      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Wow, this looks really professional! Is there any way you could make a version without house rules for general use?

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy711 View Post
          Also, your section on potency is wrong.
          Yep, we discovered this tonight during play actually! I updated the link to fix it.

As per by-the-book ritual cast values, I only altered the values at even Gnosis steps. I can put up another one without the adjustments if there's a call for it though.
          Last edited by AranaiRa; 12-04-2016, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
            I've also made a spellcasting cheat sheet, if anyone's interested.
            Unless I've made a mistake it should adhere completely to the book.
            Are you sure using the Sympathetic attainment requires a reach? I wasn't able to find anything indicating that it fell under the "remote viewing" category. All the spells that use it (such as co-location) indicate that you must cast at sensory range, and then activate the attainment by spending a point of mana.

Mage: the Ascension - Redesigned Prime Sphere; Streamlined Wonder Creation
            Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

Comment

Sympathetic Range requires Sensory Range which in turn requires a Reach, so I decided to just write +1 Reach instead of writing Sensory Range as a requirement.

Edit: Sympathetic does not require Remote just like 1 turn casting time doesn't require Gnosis 9-10 in the table just to the right. Entries above the desired entry is not a requirement. You pick the entry you want and get the total cost/requirement for that entry. If you accumulated the costs in the other tables you'd have stuff like a -6 penalty (0 + -2 + -4) to target four subjects.
              Last edited by Tessie; 12-04-2016, 12:16 PM.

Bloodline: The Stygians
              Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
              Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Mage: the Ascension - Redesigned Prime Sphere; Streamlined Wonder Creation
                Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

Comment

Working...
                X