Tass/Mana Equivalents

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tass/Mana Equivalents

I've got a player who is playing an alchemist type mage who is interested in transmuting magical energies/materials (E.g mana/tass) which I confess to knowing very little about. I know that actually accomplishing that would require arch mastery but is there a way for them to study them more? For instance

1) I know Vitae is blood, but does it retain it's properties outside of a vampire? Could you construct a mystical vessel to contain it?
    2) Would Goblin Fruit be a good facsimile of glamour as tass is to mana?
    3) A spirit mage can turn essence into mana, but what about the reverse?
    4) Does Pyros have any physical manifestation by itself? Would the heart of a promethean perhaps count?

Only ever run mage so this this is what I've been able to piece together online. Sorry if I'm way off mark with any of these. Thanks!

1. Vitae is contained in a Mandgoran Garden in some of the plants in the form of sap I think.
    2. Goblin Fruit is less predictable then Tass and it's possible effects for more varied, but yes.
    3. Maybe.
    4. Firestorms and maybe vitroil.

We also know the in 2e Giest Plasm is caused by Ghosts manifesting, and is the same substance as ectoplasm, so Mages can make the Bounds magical fuel easily and in large quanities.

Mages can't directly effect Vitae, but they can effect the medium blood that contains it and the human body that produces it. So a Mage can cast a spell that allows a human a vampire is feeding from to regenerate his/her blood at an extremely rapid rate,effectively producing more vitae, a mage can cast a spell adding a magical effect to the blood that effects anyone who drinks it.

A Mage can enhance a Changeling stats so that harvesting emotions nets more glamour, can cause someone to sleep and dream so their dreams can be harvested.

Actually if the Mage has access to the Hedge, the Hedge is made up of Glamour I believe and anyone can learn to manipulate the Hedge.

Comment

Vitae is not blood, it's Life distilled from blood.

Mages need Channel Essence to turn Mana into Essence, they can do it with a familiar bond as well.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
        Vitae is not blood, it's Life distilled from blood.
        More accurate is that Vitae is Life Force, for vampire packaged in the blood. But for example Strix are also getting Vitea, but from stealing breath of others, not the blood of them.

MtAw 2E - My Legacies Updates and System Hacks Hubs
        MtAw - Children of the Stars - aliens loving Legacy
        MtAw 2E - Illusionists of Truth - illusionists and magicians Legacy

Comment

That's a good point.

Comment

How about Sekhem from Mummy? They're most commonly found in Vessels, which don't neccessarily need Iremite descent. There's also that bit in Dark Eras where mages of Kemet (Egypt) knew about the presence of the Scorpion Empire, aka Irem, and the poisonous relics their god-kings and necromancer-priests left behind, so there's some historical precedent.

Comment

One of the devs once talked about Mages steering clear of sekhem because to a Mage it's like being asked to handle raw, radio active material without protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post
                One of the devs once talked about Mages steering clear of sekhem because to a Mage it's like being asked to handle raw, radio active material without protection.
                Yes, that was also on the history bit if I remember correctly. Which is exactly why I suggested it - just think of the shenanigans it would cause! (evil grin)

Comment

Thanks everyone, Y'all have been a real help!

Comment

Working...
                  X