Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could This Work As Inspiration For The Awakening Of A Mastigos?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Could This Work As Inspiration For The Awakening Of A Mastigos?

    Warning: loud sounds and possibly disturbing imagery.


    "Fate is a cruel jester with a finely developed sense of irony." - Sir Night as portrayed by Leliel, The Horror Recognition Guide

  • #2
    This makes me think, do you need Advanced Scale on Goetic Summons to summon, like, 18 Goetias from your own Oneiros?


    Simurgh, Mysterium Thyrsus in Mountains of Shadow (IC|OOC)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tambov View Post
      This makes me think, do you need Advanced Scale on Goetic Summons to summon, like, 18 Goetias from your own Oneiros?
      Scale determines number of targets so that would be the only way (Unless you did it one at a time), though you'd still incur dice penalties for that many, and have to contend with Withstand which is more dice penalties, and you'd have to use at least one of several Reach clauses, and it could incur serious damage to your psyche since you're pulling out a not insignificant chunk of it with each goetia.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

        Scale determines number of targets so that would be the only way (Unless you did it one at a time), though you'd still incur dice penalties for that many, and have to contend with Withstand which is more dice penalties, and you'd have to use at least one of several Reach clauses, and it could incur serious damage to your psyche since you're pulling out a not insignificant chunk of it with each goetia.
        I was thinking of just showing them sunlight for a scene.


        Simurgh, Mysterium Thyrsus in Mountains of Shadow (IC|OOC)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tambov View Post
          I was thinking of just showing them sunlight for a scene.
          You'd still face all the above challenges.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

            You'd still face all the above challenges.
            The "Challenges" are switching primary factor to Potency, finding a Hallow, spending Mana from that Hallow, Reaching for Advanced Scale, Duration, and Oneiroic summoning (3 Reaches total, so the Dox is easily contained) and taking a -4 penalty, which is easily negated by WP expediture and a polished piece of brass, so a Gnosis 1 Disciple has a 75% chance to pull it off on the first try.

            The biggest obstacle is finding a Hallow.


            Simurgh, Mysterium Thyrsus in Mountains of Shadow (IC|OOC)

            Comment


            • #7
              Don't wine and post.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post
                Don't wine and post.
                This is not an acceptable response (it qualifies as threadcrapping), please refrain from making similar posts in the future. Thank you.


                Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                Posts in this color are moderator posts
                Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                Forum Terms of Use
                the Contact Us link.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Darksider View Post

                  This is not an acceptable response (it qualifies as threadcrapping), please refrain from making similar posts in the future. Thank you.
                  My bad that was directed at myself after realizing I'd misread someone else due to wine.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    OK, I can buy that, I originally thought you had just made a typo in "wine" and was kind of surprised because that's not your usual posting style.


                    Onyx Path Forum Administrator
                    Posts in this color are moderator posts
                    Posts in this color mean a Great Old One has driven me mad.
                    Forum Terms of Use
                    the Contact Us link.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X