Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by aceDiamond View Post
    Could I request your take on the Perfected Adepts?
    Sure, but with a preexisting queue it’s gonna take a few weeks. Even if I do only the Yantras/Oblations/Attainments as a quickie, it’s still gonna take one or two weeks. (Since I only do this on weekends now)


    MtAw Homebrew:
    Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
    New 2E Legacies, expanded

    Comment


    • For myself and those interested, the current queue then becomes:
      - Secret Order of the Gate (Pathless) (Spirit?)
      - Cult of the Doomsday Clock (Moros) (Time?)
      - Path of the Book (Pathless) (Mind?)
      - Scions of God (Obrimos) (Spirit?)
      - Morphean Continuity (Pathless) (Mind?)
      - Dreamers of the Black Sun (Mastigos) (Mind?)
      - Perfected Adepts (Obrimos) (Life?)
      Last edited by 21C Hermit; 04-08-2018, 02:51 AM.


      MtAw Homebrew:
      Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
      New 2E Legacies, expanded

      Comment


      • Why Dakasha are Mysterium + Guardians? With all the talk about Atlantis and 'inner superiority', should not they be Mysterium + Silver Ladder?


        My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
        LGBT+ through Ages
        LGBT+ in CoD games

        Comment


        • Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          Why Dakasha are Mysterium + Guardians? With all the talk about Atlantis and 'inner superiority', should not they be Mysterium + Silver Ladder?
          Dunno. Ask Dave - he said he planned to do them that way, so I’m following it. (Link in first post of this thread). Of course, it might change in the future.

          But if I were to guess... I say the Daksha philosophy resonates more with symbols of Esotericism and Eschatology at the core of the Guardians, than symbols of Education and Guidance exalted by the Ladder.


          MtAw Homebrew:
          Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
          New 2E Legacies, expanded

          Comment


          • For all their foibles, Silver Ladder see themselves as advocates of humanity. On the other hand, Daksha have a smug sense of superiority over baseline people and would like to replace humanity with something else. I expect these two groups barely tolerate each other even when sorted into separate Orders.


            ~

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 21C Hermit View Post
              Sure, but with a preexisting queue it’s gonna take a few weeks. Even if I do only the Yantras/Oblations/Attainments as a quickie, it’s still gonna take one or two weeks. (Since I only do this on weekends now)
              That's cool, no worries. You're probably gonna finish it before I can even get the arcane experience in my game to use it anyway.

              Comment


              • As for the 5th attainment for the Daksha, the ability to create clone copies of themselves? Maybe the ability to magically create hermophrodite children to populate the Coming Race? Those seem creepy enough for our eugenic mages.


                My Homebrew
                Star Wars d10
                The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
                Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dreaminggod View Post
                  As for the 5th attainment for the Daksha, the ability to create clone copies of themselves? Maybe the ability to magically create hermophrodite children to populate the Coming Race? Those seem creepy enough for our eugenic mages.
                  Clones maybe, you don't really need to do anything in terms of offspring though, Daksha are capable having hermaphroditic children already as a side effect of the third attainment.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

                    Daksha are capable having hermaphroditic children already as a side effect of the third attainment.
                    No they aren't, Many Faces only affects the phenotype.


                    Simurgh, Mysterium Thyrsus in Mountains of Shadow (IC|OOC)

                    Comment


                    • For the fifth Attainment - Animal Minion, Reach on instant use and switching primary Factor to Potency? I know it says Animal Minion, but the Advent view the Fifth Root Race as just as base as the Thearchs view all non-human animals.
                      Or Control Insticts, Reach on instant use, sensory range, advanced scale and affecting living supernatural creatures?


                      Simurgh, Mysterium Thyrsus in Mountains of Shadow (IC|OOC)

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Tambov View Post
                        No they aren't, Many Faces only affects the phenotype.
                        If you go back to the Daksha of 1e, when they reach the state where they are true hermaphrodites they breed true, there’s literally no reason this wouldn’t carry over to 2e.

                        Originally posted by Tambov View Post
                        For the fifth Attainment - Animal Minion, Reach on instant use and switching primary Factor to Potency? I know it says Animal Minion, but the Advent view the Fifth Root Race as just as base as the Thearchs view all non-human animals
                        You don’t need to justify it, humans already count as animals for the purposes of Life.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Tambov View Post
                          No they aren't, Many Faces only affects the phenotype.
                          You must be thinking about Mutable Mask. Many Faces works just as Mrmdubois says.

                          Originally posted by Tambov View Post
                          For the fifth Attainment - Animal Minion, Reach on instant use and switching primary Factor to Potency? I know it says Animal Minion, but the Advent view the Fifth Root Race as just as base as the Thearchs view all non-human animals. Or Control Insticts, Reach on instant use, sensory range, advanced scale and affecting living supernatural creatures?
                          Control Instincts seems like a compelling pick for the reason you mentioned. Daksha consider themselves beyond base instincts, so they feel justified in manipulating them in the others. Animal Minion seems like a lesser option, since it doesn't come with an fitting confirmation bias.


                          ~

                          Comment


                          • Oops.

                            The intention behind the Many Faces Attainment was that, like Mrmdubois pointed out, was carrying over the 1E quirk of having their children be naturally hermaphroditic. Sorry for causing the confusion, Tambov. I’ll edit in that later.

                            And yeah, it seems that Control Instincts is surprisingly fitting for them - now lemme find some time to access my laptop...


                            MtAw Homebrew:
                            Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
                            New 2E Legacies, expanded

                            Comment


                            • I would like to request an update of the Imagineers Legacy from the Free Council supplement, please.


                              "I hope you will have a long and happy life, if only so you can realize how stupid and wrong you are."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by GibberingEloquence View Post
                                I would like to request an update of the Imagineers Legacy from the Free Council supplement, please.
                                Sure. They’re Thyrsus Libertines, right?



                                So the queue becomes:
                                Secret Order of the Gate - Pathless
                                Cult of the Doomsday Clock - Moros
                                Path of the Book - Pathless
                                Scions of God - Obrimos
                                Morphean Continuity - Pathless
                                Dreamers of the Black Sun - Mastigos
                                Perfected Adepts - Obrimos
                                Imagineers - Thyrsus

                                Whew, that’s a handful! Right now working on the Secret Order, together with a Nameless Order/ Mystery Cult version alongside the Legacy writeup. But economics, adminstrative law, and data analysis studies are keeping me rather busy, so my speed will come to a crawl.


                                MtAw Homebrew:
                                Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
                                New 2E Legacies, expanded

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X